Posh Ratings (1 Viewer)

valeskyblue

Don't think this has been done. My first away game for a while, really enjoyed it thought the fans were excellent.

Burge 7 Done everything expected of him, couple of half decent saves. Looks good coming for crosses, His kicking needs some work.

Willis 8 Thought he played really well. Looked really solid at the back don't think his man beat him once. Good going on the overlap too need to get his contract sorted

Martin 7 Looked solid and focussed, played it simple which is was what TM has been telling to do. Starting to look at good partnership.

Pennington 8 Again looked very good at CB, for once watching city I never thought Peterboro really troubled us an thats down the defence's performance. Shame he's not ours as I think we have no chance of signing him.

Stokes 6 Solid enough didn't do much wrong, didn't really notice him which is no bad thing

Ward 7 Just what our team needed. He puts his foot in when needed and plays it simple. Again a shame we have no chance of keeping him can see him playing in the championship next season.

Fleck 7 Good partnership with Ward. Good with the ball at his feet seems more up for it since Pressley has gone.

Nouble 4 He has the ability but not the desire. We were better when he went off.

Samuel 6 Not his best game in a city shirt, I think this lad has a big future ahead of him. Tried hard but struggled more than most with wind, lost the flight of the ball a few times. Another one we unfortunately have no chance of holding onto.

JOB 6 Thought he played OK without really doing much, ran around in his usual style.

Tudgay 6 Again OK his link up play was good, was the focal point for 40 minutes. Be another few weeks before we see him again unfortunately.

Subs

Odelusi 6 Injected a bit more pace, think league 1 is his level

Turgott 7 looked lively when he came on, good finish

Webster - Wasnt on long enough

TM 9 A football manger who knows the game. Really important we keep hold of him

Fans 10 Sky blue army were excellent, singing none stop all the way through. If only we had that support at the Ricoh

Last edited:

Otis

Agree with most of that
Would add one to each of Budge Samuels and JOB though

Tony Cottee was reporting for SSN and he had Samuels down as our best player yesterday and certainly, most dangerous.

letsallsingtogether

I thought JOB was pretty solid and controlled the midfield quite well yesterday would have given him at least a 7.

Samual they were scared of him started to mark him with 2 players when he got the ball some good run again.

ccfcway

agree with a lot of that ..

still have a question mark over stokes, but wouldnt be overly concerned if next seasons defence managed by Mobray (giving us no chance of getting penington) was...

Stokes---Martin---Willis----Phillips

stupot07

It was a pretty scrappy game, and Mowbray agrees we won ugly....does that really warrant so many 7-8's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

phildownunder

It was a pretty scrappy game, and Mowbray agrees we won ugly....does that really warrant so many 7-8's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I don`t attend matches of course but when, as Stupot07 points out everyone pretty much agrees on the kind of game it was, I was thinking the same thing. Even the forwards getting high ratings ?

rupert_bear

Leigh Burge is improving with every game and ramming some words down a number of throats who post on here, was shabbily treated by SP after the Worcester cup-tie, as said needs to work at his kicking, has a rather strange action doing that, there will be more mistakes but that comes with the territory but I have hope he could develop into a decent goalie.

AndreasB

Burge is becoming almost Murphyesque in his time wasting. Their keeper was a real liability I thought, constantly on the edge of his box, terrible kicking that gave the ball back to us on numerous occasions.
Him calling one of our fans a "wanker" when he chucked the ball back from the crowd was a highlight of the day.

letsallsingtogether

Him calling one of our fans a "wanker" when he chucked the ball back from the crowd was a highlight of the day.
No him falling over from the resulting free kick was the highlight must have felt such a pratt made us all laugh we needed a laugh, bit of a boring game.

Otis

Just wondering if we have ever tried Odelusi and Samuel up front together?

I'm sure they have appeared together, but I don't think we have tried them as a strike partnership have we. Too similar in style you think, or maybe do you think it might just work? They are both very quick, so that would be a real plus point, but I am not sure sure that they aren't too similar to work together.

Think most people are saying Nouble did nothing again on Saturday, so we do need to look at options.

Otis

imagine we did keep samuels,ward or odelusi for a season long loan though?

imagine :)

Would really fancy our chances next season then.

A nice season long loan spell would be great. Much better than these constant short term loan situations.

stupot07

Whilst signing a whole new back four, goalkeeper and 3 other midfielders......

#playoffs

stupot07

Why would wasps want to be in a financial partnership with us?

stupot07

i suppose I meant a long term mutually beneficial agreement wifh the owners of the ricoh

I don't want to derail the thread, But I can't see how a long term deal will be beneficial, at some point wasps will change the seats, and we'll be left feeling even more like we're squatters in someone else stadium. Wasps aren't going to give us anymore than a share of matchday revenue, and I can't see them ever selling 50% of ACL to ccfc to become proper partnership.

Anyway, this is off topic so will stop here.

valeskyblue

Back on topic. I can't see any chance of keeping Samuel or Ward they are both championship quality imo. It's a shame but will have to start from scratch again with a new team, which will inevitably take time to gel

Jay88

Agreed with most of the ratings. I would add one onto Aaron Martin. I thought he was our best player on the day, won everything in the air and didn't let anything past him.

I like Grant Ward. Solid on the ball, puts his foot on it and finds a simple pass. Has a good engine and quick with the ball at his feet.

Last edited:

Hobo

Agreed with most of the ratings. I would add one onto Aaron Martin. I thought he was our best player on the day, won everything in the air and didn't let anything past him.

I like Grant Ward. Solid on the ball, puts his foot on it and finds a simple pass. Has a good engine and quick with the ball at his feet.

Add Samuels to that along with Pennington and are we at long last developing a spine to hang the rest of the team off?

Jay88

Yeah definitely.

Pennington looks a class act. Solid, no-nonsense defender. Hopefully he won't mind having another year in League 1 but he is Championship material already. I like Samuel, he's got that raw pace which defenders don't like, can make a chance out of nothing with his pace (like at Sheff Utd when he ran onto Jones' kick on the halfway line and scored). I like Fleck, great quality, puts his foot on the ball and can pick passes out. He looks more attackive under Mowbray too!

valeskyblue

Just watched an interview with Pennington. He admitted that Joe Royal comes to watch him a lot an the plan is for him to develop back at Everton next season. That's the problem with having so many loans it's impossible to build a team any player that does well leaves.

mrtrench

Just watched an interview with Pennington. He admitted that Joe Royal comes to watch him a lot an the plan is for him to develop back at Everton next season. That's the problem with having so many loans it's impossible to build a team any player that does well leaves.

Same appears to be true if they're not loans too.

Users who are viewing this thread