Posession? (1 Viewer)

Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, hopeful long ball.

We need to stop playing this way NOW or we will go down. Im not one of the "Thorn out" brigade, but we have to be more direct. I'm all for nice passing football, but we're not getting anywhere with it at the moment. We even did it at 2-0 down today with only 10 minutes left, I was sick of seeing the passing around at the back

stupot07

I think if you read most of the comments from today, everything was too direct and long into platt. In fact we have been mixing it up and playing a bit more direct for 6 or 7 games - it hasn't all been tippy tappy football. Also quite ironic that we played 442 like a lot of fans have wanted and got rewarded by shit crossing from Sheff and baker (and Christie).

Ccfc1979

I totally agree. Felt it was symptomatic of Clingan playing, but as you say we were still doing it when chasing the game today - moreso in fact. We need more plans, more variety, mix it up...and a response to teams that do the changing v us.

Otis

I think if you read most of the comments from today, everything was too direct and long into platt. In fact we have been mixing it up and playing a bit more direct for 6 or 7 games - it hasn't all been tippy tappy football. Also quite ironic that we played 442 like a lot of fans have wanted and got rewarded by shit crossing from Sheff and baker (and Christie).

Why ironic? It worked on Tuesday.

I thought we were too predictable yesterday and lacked appetite. Thorn may well have said we 'went all out for the win' but it didn't come across that way at all. Seemed like we were quite happy to play for a draw and keep it tight.

On Tuesday we really went for it in the 2nd half and that is what we should have done yesterday in the first half when Forest were right there for the taking.

EleanorRigby

To get the ball down and be more direct you need the players to do it, we only have Alex Nimely who can, so tip-tapping about to retain possession is our only tactic. Funny how poor old Sammy Clingan gets slated for that, he didn't play today

Otis

We are better without Clingan.

Norwood's passing was just as good as Clingan's and he's quicker to boot.

Stevec189

I thought both teams were awful in the first half. The difference was Forrest could do domething about it at half time and couldn't with the bench we had. We played very deep which meant we were reduced to longer balls. I just feel that had we come out and had a real go at them for 20 - 25 minutes their supporters would have got frustrated the SBA would have been up and we might have had a different result. With Forest only playing one up front in the first half there was an opportunity!

Pigeon

We are better without Clingan.

Norwood's passing was just as good as Clingan's and he's quicker to boot.

Norwood's passing was brilliant yesterday, he play's 'intelligent' football, something most of our players have lacked this season, picked out the man the other side of the pitch and lands it perfectly at their feet, great talent.

wingy

Norwood's passing was brilliant yesterday, he play's 'intelligent' football, something most of our players have lacked this season, picked out the man the other side of the pitch and lands it perfectly at their feet, great talent.
He could also have worked harder,instead of jogging back ,watching mcleary's mesmrising run,after Sheff had gifted it too him ,he had the chance to get a challenge in ,but i don't want to single out individuals ,the appettite from the team as a whole was lacklustre,lacking in confidence ,when it should have been much higher after tuesday night,but maybe we built them up too much after the Leeds result and they know we were possibly fortunate with that result.

Users who are viewing this thread