Portugal 🇵🇹 (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

Reading on Twitter that we are off to Portugal pre season , game versus the Wolves?.... Anybody heard about this ?

alexccfc99

Frustratingly about these trips they always seem to be shrouded in secrecy, they didn’t announce they were playing in Spain last season till about 2 weeks before

The cynic in me suggests MR doesn’t really like the thought of loads going over

Balli001

Frustratingly about these trips they always seem to be shrouded in secrecy, they didn’t announce they were playing in Spain last season till about 2 weeks before

The cynic in me suggests MR doesn’t really like the thought of loads going over
Of course he doesnt. He wants to get them training not pose for selfies with stalkerish fans for a week.

Balli001

Well that’s poor then, happy to plead with them to buy season tickets but when there’s no financial incentive for them they aren’t bothered about the fans being there
Its a pre season training trip to Portugal not the cup final. Its you who needs to get a grip.

Balli001

Fans want to go and watch their club play - What a shock

I’m conveniently in Albufeira anyway on the date the game is supposedly taking place and will get a taxi over to the match, if that’s okay with you?
Thats fine. Does pose the question why you care so much then?

Marty

If we end up playing in Portugal, I'd love to go out there and I'm sure many others would as well. Flights and accommodation are cheap as chips, beautiful country, good weather etc. Great destination for a tour.

Balli001

Cause I don’t see the issue with the club saying, we’re playing here on x of July, against x - Be good to have as many there as possible
You answered yourself in your first post. Robins doesn't want many there. Plus it could be played at a facility with no room for fans.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Cause I don’t see the issue with the club saying, we’re playing here on x of July, against x - Be good to have as many there as possible
Cos it's a pre-season training camp. It's about hard work and getting the players fit. They will want as few distractions and interruptions as possible to follow the programme they want the players to complete and there will be very little dead time in it.

alexccfc99

Cos it's a pre-season training camp. It's about hard work and getting the players fit. They will want as few distractions and interruptions as possible to follow the programme they want the players to complete and there will be very little dead time in it.
No - it’s a warm weather training with a match at a neutral venue and don’t see why it’s a problem if people turn up like they do to every other pre season game

Balli001

No - it’s a warm weather training with a match at a neutral venue and don’t see why it’s a problem if people turn up like they do to every other pre season game
There are many behind closed doors friendlies.

Reactions: vow

Marty

The 13th but don’t take that as gospel just what I heard through the grapevine

If any City fans plan on going to Albufeira for the trip I’d be more than happy to split a taxi to and from the match by the way(y)

Do you know what stadium any games are being played at? I'm sure there are others but the only one I can think of is the one just outside Faro.

Sbarcher

Before Covid, 2019 I think, a mate of mine followed Oxford for pre-season to Portugal. There were quite a few fans there. The club invited them for an afternoon kick-about with the team and organised a BBQ for all afterwards.
That's how to look after your fans.

edgy

Before Covid, 2019 I think, a mate of mine followed Oxford for pre-season to Portugal. There were quite a few fans there. The club invited them for an afternoon kick-about with the team and organised a BBQ for all afterwards.
That's how to look after your fans.

To be fair, there's a difference between catering for a few dozen Oxford fans and potentially a couple of hundred Cov rocking up.

Hutch11

Shame they're not at Pinatar again, enjoyed Tyler Walkers double against Notts Forrest last year

SIR ERNIE

Do you know what stadium any games are being played at? I'm sure there are others but the only one I can think of is the one just outside Faro.
If its the Algarve then the training base will almost certainly be Brown's in Vilamoura.

There are several grounds along the Algarve but the most likely would be Estadio Algarve which has the best surface and is a smart new stadium about 5 miles from the airport.

Users who are viewing this thread