Portsmouth (H) (1 Viewer)

Joe

Shaping up to be a massive game. Both teams in form and I think they are now one of the teams to beat in this division. I think this could be a season-defining game to be honest.

SkyblueTexan

Shaping up to be a massive game. Both teams in form and I think they are now one of the teams to beat in this division. I think this could be a season-defining game to be honest.
They are all massive games at this stage. Have to take it one game at a time like how the old cliche goes. Not losing and picking up points (whether 1 or 3) has to be the goal. Most of the games against key promotion rivals are at home. So we have to make that count. We need the fans to show up and support the team vocally and be the difference.

Terry_dactyl

Yep.
My parents, Pompey season ticket holders and usually two of the most pessimistic fans you could care to meet, described today’s win against Sunderland as “almost embarrassing”. My dad said 2-0 flattered Sunderland and that it could/should have been 5 or 6.
Having said that, they’ll be worried by us.
It’s a bit of a cliche to say that they’re all big games from here on in, but for me this is the biggest.
I’ll settle for a draw and that we both end up filling the auto places...just to keep the peace. Really I want us to fucking destroy the southern twats!

PS they also said Sunderland’s goalkeeper was fantastic. I quickly checked...phew!

Last edited:

Joe

Yep.
My parents, Pompey season ticket holders and usually two of the most pessimistic fans you could care to meet, described today’s win against Sunderland as “almost embarrassing”. My dad said 2-0 flattered Sunderland and that it could/should have been 5 or 6.
Having said that, they’ll be worried by us.
It’s a bit of a cliche to say that they’re all big games from here on in, but for me this is the biggest.
I’ll settle for a draw and that we both end up filling the auto places...just to keep the peace. Really I want us to fucking destroy the southern twats!
Yeah I live down south so I have lots of Pompey mates and I do find Portsmouth fans a little annoying for some reason would love us to teach them a lesson! Hopefully the fans can show up in numbers despite it’s a Tuesday night

Terry_dactyl

Yeah I live down south so I have lots of Pompey mates and I do find Portsmouth fans a little annoying for some reason would love us to teach them a lesson! Hopefully the fans can show up in numbers despite it’s a Tuesday night
Tbf due to my old man taking me to Pompey games as a kid, and that I lived there for a while, they’re my ‘second team’. Interestingly this has no bearing on how much I want them to lose when they play us. If anything this feeling is intensified!
As an aside, I first learnt the old man’s real allegiances when cov got Pompey relegated from the old first division. I cheered cov’s goal at HR, a penalty, which was swiftly greeted by the old man yanking my arm and telling me to “sit the fuck down”.
Pompey twat!

Joe

Tbf due to my old man taking me to Pompey games as a kid, and that I lived there for a while, they’re my ‘second team’. Interestingly this has no bearing on how much I want them to lose when they play us. If anything this feeling is intensified!
As an aside, I first learnt the old man’s real allegiances when cov got Pompey relegated from the old first division. I cheered cov’s goal at HR, a penalty, which was swiftly greeted by the old man yanking my arm and telling me to “sit the fuck down”.
Pompey twat!
In all fairness Pompey have a good loud following which would make it sweeter if we beat them

Terry_dactyl

Can you really say that any one game from now on in is season defining?
I don’t know. Often these things are best assessed with the benefit of hindsight.
I can say that, for a variety of reasons, I think this is the biggest of all the games we have left.
Please see above.

Sky Blue Pete

Wonder if they’ll come in big numbers. I wonder if we’ll hit 10000 in a few games between now and end of the season

Covkid1968#

People need to turn out.... if you’re local...stop watching it streamed....if you are against the Brum thing just put it to one side for this last part of the season. If we miss out we know this team will get dissembled in close season ..... and whilst Robbins will build again ... we surely have to get behind them now. I had sympathy at the start but now local people who express support for the club but make no effort to back them just get my back up now!!!!!

Evo1883

Just avoid defeat and its a good result

Terry_dactyl

Interested to know why you support City, and your parents support Pompey.
Fairly standard I’m afraid. I was born in cov and lived there until I was 18.
My dads from Pompey but moved to cov for work in the 70s and started going up the city as he wouldn’t travel all the way to Pompey every week. He started taking me up regularly but we’d go and watch Pompey on occasions if they were playing a midlands team -and cov weren’t home - or if we were visiting my gran.
My mum and dad now live back down in Pompey. So they’ve both got season tickets. TBH I think my dad used to like going up to fratton Park on his own so he could have a bit of a shout. I suspect taking my mum along is a bit like taking delia smith to every game!
We’re all off to the Pompey game. I won’t be joining them in the away end!

Astute

Can you really say that any one game from now on in is season defining?
Yes.

If Portsmouth was our next game the winner would either be 4 points ahead(us)or 2 points ahead(them) with games in hand over everyone else. If Rotherham lost we would be 2 points behind them with 2 games in hand.

Then I would really start believing.

Adge

Yep...they’re all big games from here on in. And Rotherham have destroyed us once this year already. Seems we have them, then Sunderland, then Ipswich. 3 tough games on the bounce.
Not sure if you at the game or not mate but the score line flattered them a bit on the day. It really was a bad day at the office for us and we were the masters of our own downfall with the mistakes we made and gifted them 3 goals.

SlowerThanPlatt

Pompey have won 8 on the bounce - Tranmere next so a big possibility they’ll be coming here looking to make it 10 so should be a cracking game

Reactions: vow

Terry_dactyl

Not sure if you at the game or not mate but the score line flattered them a bit on the day. It really was a bad day at the office for us and we were the masters of our own downfall with the mistakes we made and gifted them 3 goals.
Yeah, I didn’t go so happy to be corrected. I do now Remember people saying it was ‘one of those games’. At risk of pointing out the blindingly obvious, We’ve been really good this year.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Have to say, when I lived on the Isle of Wight, the locals supported either Portsmouth or Southampton, both being just over the water so to speak. But I preferred Southampton to Pompey every time, although there seemed to far more Pompey fans than Scummers!

Londonccfcfan

We make a game up on Rotherham when we play Pompey (they should have been vs Bury). Will make a win an even bigger result.
That's why they are called 6 pointers! Our re arranged game vs Rotherham is a 6 pointer as well as the Wycombe game! win those not only do we gain points but also keep the game in hand on them.

Paxman II

One of our games in hand is against Rotherham. Pompey going like a steam train so brimming with confidence as we are.
I f we are to go up then both these games are key and we must not lose them. At least lose one win one is actually better than two draws. But lose them both and those two arein the accendancy.

Paxman II

...just to add. Both Pompey and Rotherham are strong physically, not our best type of opponent tbf, so we need our strongest attacking team and press high. We are better than both of them going forward. Interesting stuff.

Londonccfcfan

...just to add. Both Pompey and Rotherham are strong physically, not our best type of opponent tbf, so we need our strongest attacking team and press high. We are better than both of them going forward. Interesting stuff.

Yes good point, both score a lot of set piece goals.

We played them both with 2 centre backs earlier in season, 3 at the back should be better suited for defending the set pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread