Portsmouth Away (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

Tickets now off sale and there will NOT be tickets available on the day.

Slightly bizarre with 4 days to go and the possibility of a win tomorrow and late decisions inevitably adding to the near 1300 sold.

Reactions: vow

RoboCCFC90

Tickets now off sale and there will NOT be tickets available on the day.

Slightly bizarre with 4 days to go and the possibility of a win tomorrow and late decisions inevitably adding to the near 1300 sold.

CCFC have given the excess tickets back so that Pompey can sell them to home supporters.

block16

Literally messaged them earlier asking if they’d be available on the day as I can’t buy today and got no reply - pissed off!

pusbccfc

Still don't get why people don't buy in advance for these games.

RoboCCFC90

I think people are over-reacting to this, we haven't sold anywhere near the full allocation and with the game being on Sky we weren't ever going to.

Sending them back for Pompey to sell to their own fans seems like common sense.

Tommo72

I think people are over-reacting to this, we haven't sold anywhere near the full allocation and with the game being on Sky we weren't ever going to.

Sending them back for Pompey to sell to their own fans seems like common sense.

Allocation was 1960 and a Cov win tomorrow would have taken us up to over 1500. I get your point though but they should have made this clearer earlier.

RoboCCFC90

Allocation was 1960 and a Cov win tomorrow would have taken us up to over 1500. I get your point though but they should have made this clearer earlier.

A City win tomorrow will do nothing to change ticket sales that drastically, the away game at Luton was a prime example of this.

Our away support is brilliant, however when we are live on Telly and the fixture is brought forward we sell less tickets generally and I can understand it, why leave for a match at 9am when you can watch it at home with a few beers in the comfort of your own home.

It's the considerate and right call for me.

Tommo72

A City win tomorrow will do nothing to change ticket sales that drastically, the away game at Luton was a prime example of this.

Our away support is brilliant, however when we are live on Telly and the fixture is brought forward we sell less tickets generally and I can understand it, why leave for a match at 9am when you can watch it at home with a few beers in the comfort of your own home.

Yeh get that and I disagree we normally add on 100+ with pay on the day. The club were expecting there to be pay on the day so clearly Portsmouth weren’t communicating a clear message.

Anyway it is what it is, still decent for a 12.30 ko on the south coast.

chiefdave

I'm all for being considerate but surely its not that difficult to imagine that there might be people planning to buy tickets tomorrow when they're at the Ricoh.

How hard would it have been for the club to say you have until 5pm today to buy tickets or they get sent back? Don't think anyone is suggesting we shouldn't send unsold tickets back for them to sell to home fans, just that our own fans should get a bit of warning if they're going off sale.

fernandopartridge

Sorry, 4 days before the game it certainly is not. It is a bank holiday as well where there are more likely to be people who decide at the last minute.

RoboCCFC90

Sorry, 4 days before the game it certainly is not. It is a bank holiday as well where there are more likely to be people who decide at the last minute.

Four days before in the norm is fine, but we have a bank holiday tomorrow, then a weekend and then another bank holiday.

It’s not unreasonable.

RoboCCFC90

How hard would it have been for the club to say you have until 5pm today to buy tickets or they get sent back? Don't think anyone is suggesting we shouldn't send unsold tickets back for them to sell to home fans, just that our own fans should get a bit of warning if they're going off sale.

The Club advised fans Tuesday that they would go off sale on Thursday at 2pm, so fans can’t complain they didn’t have ample warning.

Tommo72

The Club advised fans Tuesday that they would go off sale on Thursday at 2pm, so fans can’t complain they didn’t have ample warning.

They did. However, the important message was about what happens next and the club fully expected fans would be able to pay on the day. Portsmouth obviously decided they wanted the space for their own fans.

RoboCCFC90

They did. However, the important message was about what happens next and the club fully expected fans would be able to pay on the day. Portsmouth obviously decided they wanted the space for their own fans.

Then if fans were assuming that’s more of an issue for our supporters and not CCFC.

If I see/hear something that says an item is going off sale then it’s going off sale, the Club will usually highlight on their articles if tickets are available or being made available on the day.

Tommo72

Then if fans were assuming that’s more of an issue for our supporters and not CCFC.

If I see/hear something that says an item is going off sale then it’s going off sale, the Club will usually highlight on their articles if tickets are available or being made available on the day.

Ah?

The CLUB were expecting pay on the day to be available....nobody assumed anything?

OffenhamSkyBlue

What's the betting that they announce on Saturday that there will be walk-ups available for away fans? At elevated prices, no doubt. They can't just randomly abandon their segregation strategy (unless it just involves them moving a bit of black netting and a line of stewards, of course)

Ticketmaster told me only yesterday that mine was in the post(to Southampton) but of course it hasnt arrived yet so if it doesnt arrive by saturday I am f..cked

CJ_covblaze

Ticketmaster told me only yesterday that mine was in the post(to Southampton) but of course it hasnt arrived yet so if it doesnt arrive by saturday I am f..cked

DM the club or email Mark Hornby. When I’ve had that issue one has been left for collection at the away ground.

nunchuckas

I didn't see this before, I only saw them announce they had gone off sale after, so I've missed out now. My fault for not getting them before. Gutted.

justavisitor

What's the betting that they announce on Saturday that there will be walk-ups available for away fans? At elevated prices, no doubt. They can't just randomly abandon their segregation strategy (unless it just involves them moving a bit of black netting and a line of stewards, of course)

Away clubs have a choice of how many tickets they want up to a max of about 3k. I don't know how many you asked for but obviously you are not going to sell out. So you must have returned them to us so we can sell them to our own fans.
Due to segregation problems in the Milton End if a club haven't sold over about 1900 then we sell them to our own fans. You would have had the chance to sell more but you have been unable to. I'm a bit surprised as it is your cup final and all that. Thanks for beating sunerland last week but I still think they'll clinch 2nd spot

chiefdave

Away clubs have a choice of how many tickets they want up to a max of about 3k. I don't know how many you asked for but obviously you are not going to sell out. So you must have returned them to us so we can sell them to our own fans.
Due to segregation problems in the Milton End if a club haven't sold over about 1900 then we sell them to our own fans. You would have had the chance to sell more but you have been unable to. I'm a bit surprised as it is your cup final and all that. Thanks for beating sunerland last week but I still think they'll clinch 2nd spot
Our allocation was 1960 with pay on the day available, 1267 had been sold when they were taken off sale and the option to pay on the day removed.

If, as you say, the segregation means the minimum capacity for the away end is 1900 why are over 600 being left unsold rather than made available on the day?

itsabuzzard

Our allocation was 1960 with pay on the day available, 1267 had been sold when they were taken off sale and the option to pay on the day removed.

If, as you say, the segregation means the minimum capacity for the away end is 1900 why are over 600 being left unsold rather than made available on the day?
Good question.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread