Port Vale Saturday (1 Viewer)

With such a big allocation and the rep of the Vale fans, This game surely has trouble written all over it

Steve.B50

On Sunday the Police warned us that they are aware of the rumours and set up for it.
Lets just try and keep away from it, lets show everyone we are decent supporters.

shropshirecov

On Sunday the Police warned us that they are aware of the rumours and set up for it.
Lets just try and keep away from it, lets show everyone we are decent supporters.

Doubt anything will happen, but if anyone does anything even remotely threatening they'll be nicked to justify what is bound to be an over the top police presence, especially after the wolves game there a few weeks back

pusbccfc

The police will be out in force.

AndreasB

quite likely to be trouble - have you seen some of the knuckle dragging old-as-your-dad casuals whol follow Coventry away.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd be disappointed if there was considering Port Vale fans have been very supportive of our situation.

Port Vale's chairman tweeted this:

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 10h

Should we applaud the visiting CCFC fans just before kick off showing solidarity to our fellow fans and my boyhood club, they need it

theferret

There won't be any trouble by virtue of the fact the possibility of it has been talked about beforehand. After the Wolves game, police will be all over it. No history between the 2 clubs. Will pass off without incident.

I remember last season when we played at Walsall, and Blues were hosting Wolves the same day (a bank holiday), and there were all sorts of dire predictions. Not a whiff of trouble in Brum city centre all day. This sort of stuff really doesn't happen all that much any more.

LB87ccfc

There won't be any trouble by virtue of the fact the possibility of it has been talked about beforehand. After the Wolves game, police will be all over it. No history between the 2 clubs. Will pass off without incident.

I remember last season when we played at Walsall, and Blues were hosting Wolves the same day (a bank holiday), and there were all sorts of dire predictions. Not a whiff of trouble in Brum city centre all day. This sort of stuff really doesn't happen all that much any more.

You do not need history for trouble to happen, the problem at vale is very real and reading on several sites and speaking to various other fans who have been recently, the issue at vale needs to be rectified, they do have an element of 200-400 who like to make a name for themselves shall we say, and are well known for hanging around, however it seems the police do not do much about it, the issue has been going on for a few years now and alot of league two fans called them "the scum of the earth"..

Obviously I pray to god we do not see any issues and everyone has a safe and fun day out and enjoys the match and banter and obviously this would be nowhere near to the 70s and 80s but to say this does not happen anymore is rather a silly comment as unfortunately we have this element in our beautiful game still.

I remember walsall away too and it was well noted Wolves stayed around the irish center took 1400 fans only and kept out of the town area, wolves do not travel as much in terms of idiots nowadays.

Heres to a good day out and 3 points, lets pack the place out and cheer on the lads never mind any nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread