Port Vale Away Dilema (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

Ok I have a dilema. I won't be going to Northampton because I don't personally agree with Coventry playing outside of Coventry. Have no problems if people want to go and that's their choice.

I will be going to the Port Vale away game and will be meeting my brother at the game who will be traveling down from up north. I have two options.

A Get the train to the game costing £35 return plus two taxis from Stoke On Trent train station to Port Vale. I'm guessing that will cost at least £15. So total train fare around £50.

B Get the official Sky Blues supporter coach which would be a maximum of £15 I guess. I just worry that if I was to get the official supporters coach that I may come in for some abuse that I don't want.

The extra £35 by going on the train could be better spent elsewhere.

What would you do?

ESB

Get the supporters coach, may not be total NOPM but i doubt they get much out of it.

The official supporters are still City fans, just with a different view on how best to help the club.

Besides keeps extra money in your pocket

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ok I have a dilema. I won't be going to Northampton because I don't personally agree with Coventry playing outside of Coventry. Have no problems if people want to go and that's their choice.

I will be going to the Port Vale away game and will be meeting my brother at the game who will be traveling down from up north. I have two options.

A Get the train to the game costing £35 return plus two taxis from Stoke On Trent train station to Port Vale. I'm guessing that will cost at least £15. So total train fare around £50.

B Get the official Sky Blues supporter coach which would be a maximum of £15 I guess. I just worry that if I was to get the official supporters coach that I may come in for some abuse that I don't want.

What would you do?

Don't worry about getting the official coaches. I've done it twice this season, and got no abuse. IMO no one has a reason to abuse people travelling this way.

I doubt SISU are anymore inclined to stick around while 100* or so fans give them £15 each.

*i use 100 as an average as over the two games, there was 3 coaches v Crawley, but one was only half full, and Carlisle there was only 1.

shoesmith81

Would be interested in hearing the views of pro NOPM people. If coach or train was the only option of getting to an away match, would you pay the extra £35 out of principal?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Would be interested in hearing the views of pro NOPM people. If coach or train was the only option of getting to an away match, would you pay the extra £35 out of principal?

Do we really need another thread that turns into fans arguing amongst each other?

Plus, my post above says I haven't been abused. With posts like this make me think I should have added 'yet'. Although I'd rather it didn't happen

mrbluesky87

I'm a NOPM and that includes away games and merchandise, that's my choice however I don't think giving the club £7 after cost of coach is hardly going to make any difference to their finances.

italiahorse

Do we really need another thread that turns into fans arguing amongst each other?

Plus, my post above says I haven't been abused. With posts like this make me think I should have added 'yet'. Although I'd rather it didn't happen

I'm for nopm but I still go on official coaches. It suits me and I would guess they get very little.

covboy1987

What would you do?

Get a train from Coventry to Wolverhampton buying a West-midland day travel card £6.00 (like an oyster card hop on any train tram or bus in the west midlands and use it all day so basically you would use it for your travel to wolverhampton and return to Cov) then get a train from Wolverhampton to Stoke on trent £13.50 return to Wolverhampton - total cost £19.50 nice and easy

torchomatic

What would you do?

Don't you dare go on the official coach you sisu tim fisher joyless loving rent buy scab, etc etc

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

CJ_covblaze

We'll be running a coach. I'd imagine Hen Lane and the Sky Blue Army will be running one each too. Had the same dilemma for Carlisle and very nearly got the train until I got a lift a day before.

steveo1987

What would you do?

Get a season ticket,it's only £9 a game,plenty of goals as well.

sky_blue_up_north

I'll just drive the 19 miles to the ground....

tbh444

Get a train from Coventry to Wolverhampton buying a West-midland day travel card £6.00 (like an oyster card hop on any train tram or bus in the west midlands and use it all day so basically you would use it for your travel to wolverhampton and return to Cov) then get a train from Wolverhampton to Stoke on trent £13.50 return to Wolverhampton - total cost £19.50 nice and easy

This, the fare from coventry is a joke given it's only 16 quid day return from brum. Also, instead of a taxi you could add a plusbus to the rail ticket for 3 quid, you need to change in hanley but they're both quite frequent routes. Also means you could stop for a pint somewhere instead of the soullessness of being bussed straight to the ground (bulls head in burslem is good for sensible away fans)

torchomatic

And the thread hits the gutter thanks to torchomatic.

It. Was. A. Joke. Ha. Ha. Etc. Etc. Etc

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

RoboCCFC90

The only dilemma you should have about this game is which class of eggs to take into the ground to pound Lee Hughes with!

simple_simon

What would you do?

Go on the Sky Blue Trust coach. Goes from outside swimming baths and charged at cost.

Astute

What would you do?

I would get a coach to the game. Have never got an official coach yet. The choice is yours though.

The most comments about being a scab these days are from people using it as a quote saying pro ACL think the same.....just like Torch said. There is no pro ACL/anti ACL pro SISU/anti SISU like what is said also. Even the vast majority of the supposed pro SISU want them gone. The vast majority of the so called pro ACL don't see them as being innocent.

We all want the same outcome. We just have a different idea on which way to go about it. I suppose I am seen as pro ACL, anti SISU. I am anti SISU after what they have done to our club. I don't trust them anymore. Just do what you want. Don't let a couple of keyboard warriors put you off.

letsallsingtogether

To be fair how will anyone know if it is an official or unofficial coach and to be fair who really cares.

Get the coach trains are a rip off.

Users who are viewing this thread