Popular with Mackems then . . . (1 Viewer)

Marty

HAHAHAHA, I was wondering when that thread would make an appearance on here, my mate is a huge Sunderland fan and takes huge pride in showing me that after every game. I think they need to get over it by now. It's only been 30+ years. :wave:

ohitsaidwalker king power

Remember it's not all Sunderland fans, just a few with back issues due to carrying a chip on their shoulder for years. I've got nothing against Sunderland and will continue to 'nothing' them in spite of this.

Nicky Summerbee however will always be a dick.

You have overestimated NS... 'Dick' doesn't do him justice.. that 'tackle' on Froggat was an absolute disgrace, I can remember it as if it were yesterday, a sickening thud.. he should have been prosecuted for assault/GBH/ABH or similar... and too my knowledge he hasn't ever apologised?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/coventry_city/1074842.stm

Last edited:

WillieStanley

>
I'll always hate Liverpool and their fans for preventing us from playing in Europe after we won the Cup.
Always thought that all the teams prevented from playing in Europe during the Heysel ban should have been given the European place instead of Liverpool everytime they qualified after the ban was up.

I feel much the same, but not to the extent where I feel a thread of 26 pages of pure spite and venom is necessary. I always knew they didn't like us... But you don't even hear that stuff from Incester scum!

I take a fair bit of pleasure in being in this putrid situation we are in and still being able to call a supposed top flight club Absolutely Pathetic.

Astute

Sunderland are a great club. Nearly won this, nearly won that and nearly won that and nearly escaped relegation. Not good enough for the supporters they have.

smileycov

Facebook User
did Sealey play in that game, thought that was before his time

Sealey was with us 76 - 83, i am sure it was him in goal. after we played out the draw, the scoreboard flashed up score correction..........went 2-0 instead of 1-0 brown pant time haha.
Did you know sealey's mom was pregnant with him on the plane of the munich air crash!!

ccfcdan

Sunderland are a nothing club. Always been overshadowed by Newcastle! And judging by this forum topic some of there fans are morons.

Nonleagueherewecome

And I will never forgive Sumerbee

Y'see, that's a legitimate reason to bear a grudge. Poor Froggy. That aside, I agree with other sentiments on here: I "nothing" them. Although I always got the impression that they are a bit thick up there...

wingy

Smiley i believe that goalkeeper in his moms tum on the munich plane was OGGY.willie ,summerbee was an utter bastard for that challenge ,unforgivable.

ajsccfc

Both Oggy and Les Sealey were born a few weeks apart, but both a few months before the Munich disaster.

rob9872

All wrong - there were reports of it being John Lukic but that too is an urban myth as he wasn't born until 1961.

As for Sunderland I'm sure its only a minority although I have a different reason for disliking them. I went on the worlds longest coach journey to see the dullest game I can ever remmeber (0-0 in the cup) with one spark of incident when Speedie and Gary Bennett (Dave's brother) were both sent off. Speedie ended up in the crowd and the Scumderland fans around him were throwing fists at him.

i was at white hart lane that day and we kicked off late again!!! We were battering them then Sheringham scored and it was backs to the wall and the longest 20 mins of my life!!! amazing when it was all over though! Silly mackems let it slip again!!

I was there too as a wee schoolboy. Think it was sheringham who hit the post late on. The journey home was my most memorable with coaches of their fans overtaking us and us "waving" to them and 606 was non stop of mackems on the radio saying the games should be replayed cuz we kicked off late. You stupid northern numptys :)

neilyboy67

nice to be so hated by another club so much some great comments against us! be great to get them in the fa cup ideally at fortress ricoh give them a chance to see the JH staue:):)

CovInEssex

nice to be so hated by another club so much some great comments against us! be great to get them in the fa cup ideally at fortress ricoh give them a chance to see the JH staue:):)

And smash it up. If we were to play Sunderland at home I'd advise a few stewards/lads standing T the statue to keep watch.

Users who are viewing this thread