Poor January transfer window. (1 Viewer)

Ann Proctor-Brown

Two loans and two kids who will at a later date be sold at a profit.Not much to inspire you when you are in a relegation battle.

AOM

I think it's been an okay window all things considered, although I'd like to have kept Giles if possible. Hopefully the new youth prospects can push for places in the the first team this season too

D

Deleted member 11652

But maybe we’d have gone down more without it?

Highly unlikely given the position we were in when the window closed. If we go down, it will be because we did not address the creativity issues in our midfield but instead spent significant amounts on 2 kids for the future and a defensive midfielder.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Highly unlikely given the position we were in when the window closed. If we go down, it will be because we did not address the creativity issues in our midfield but instead spent significant amounts on 2 kids for the future and a defensive midfielder.

Thou has a point.

shmmeee

I bow to your intimate knowledge of our undisclosed fees. ;)

If you’re looking to save your skin with Jan signings you’re doing it wrong. I think since we went 433 thanks to James and Györkeres coming in we’ve looked a lot more potent.

Rugby Sky Blue

Definitely I am concerned, honestly I think we are relying on Rotherham being worse than we are. Forest didn't look great last night but have strengthened, Derby look better under Rooney and have brought a couple of United players in on loan, QPR have a goalscorer in Charlie Austin, Millwall are too difficult to beat.

David O'Day

Definitely I am concerned, honestly I think we are relying on Rotherham being worse than we are. Forest didn't look great last night but have strengthened, Derby look better under Rooney and have brought a couple of United players in on loan, QPR have a goalscorer in Charlie Austin, Millwall are too difficult to beat.

Millwall were the worst team we've played this year, utter dogshit

cc84cov

I’m actually for once not losing the plot I dkne that weeks back when I sskd people will start seeing and getting it soon...

Ronins could of gone for Brum they were there for the taking he flapped it last night just made that draw even worse

cc84cov

Given the limited budget we have. I think the recruitment of James was an excellent move. As for Gyorkores it’s too early to assess, but people need to be realistic in their expectations of the clubs buying power.
Gyo ? Too early ?

Wasn’t too early whej he scored the first important goal against Wednesday he will be fine

speedie87

James is class.

If Walker is fit soon ok not getting another striker, but concerning wasn’t even on bench last night

Bristol sky blue

Some on here have short memories...

Many wanted quality experienced cover for Kelly after his injury: we got it. Viktor will look a decent loan when Walker returns and can play alongside him (plus signing him avoids excessive reliance on Baka / Max). I am glad we have got our own promising LB in too.

It's a shame that some seem to want us to struggle just because they can then look wise after posting negatively. I have felt since day 1 that we will stay up and I still think that, but I think it will be mightily close. Even if we did go down I wouldn't criticise Robins on the recruitment front. However, his in-game management (in terms of subs/when to sub/ whether to hold out for a draw or go for the win) is more questionable I think.

robbiethemole

Are these idiots expecting us to spaff loads on semi-retired players?? Knockeart is on £35k a week how can we compete with shit like that

Rugby Sky Blue

Millwall were the worst team we've played this year, utter dogshit
Probably a one-off game really, they seem to be able to pick up enough points and are a comfortable championship side. Reading looked crap against us in the first game also but that don't mean they are a bad side.

SAJ

I think it's been an okay window all things considered, although I'd like to have kept Giles if possible. Hopefully the new youth prospects can push for places in the the first team this season too
Have to agree losing Giles to me was a big loss.

Hobo

Two loans and two kids who will at a later date be sold at a profit.Not much to inspire you when you are in a relegation battle.
Our two main loans were good business and as good as we could expect on our budget.

The two youngsters for the future were a bonus and worth a punt.

Eccles coming back in is a good addition to the bench with our injuries. Ideally I think he would have benefitted more from another loan.

Kastaneer out on loan is a great piece of business.

That is actually quite a lot of business in a January window. Drysdale going out to Cambridge too. All these things take time and negotiating.

Users who are viewing this thread