Ponticelli (1 Viewer)

better days

tbh, if he was only on that kind of salary and that's typical, I wouldn't necessarily begrudge any player heading elsewhere. Not even blaming the club, as every youngster's a risk, but £15k pa ain't exactly a huge salary and isn't exactly going to set you up for life!
Young lads at L2 clubs are often on only £150 per week for their first pro contract

better days

Doesn't invalidate my point, rather accentuates it.

They'd have to get minimum wage once they turned 18 anyway, I guess... unless they decide a footballer's hours are about 10 a week!
Never thought about minimum wage
£150 would usually be for 17 year olds on 18 month contract so doubt minimum wage would apply
If they got a renewal it would be more like £300 mentioned earlier

east_midlands_skyblue

I think minimum wage for a 17 year old is just over 4 quid an hour... based on a 35 hour contract 150 quid a week sounds about right to me. I guess some will be on more if they are a flight risk!

skybluegod

tbh, if he was only on that kind of salary and that's typical, I wouldn't necessarily begrudge any player heading elsewhere. Not even blaming the club, as every youngster's a risk, but £15k pa ain't exactly a huge salary and isn't exactly going to set you up for life!

Yep I agree.
Then when he started the season on fire he refused to negotiate for a couple weeks because of how he had been treated just 2/3 months earlier...
But his Mrs told him he would be stupid not to take the pay rise then.. cut of your nose to spite your face type moment.

Colin Steins Smile

A number of members have promoted JP going out on loan. I personally can't see that happening, as he's going to be needed here. He's a different type of forward to the others we currently have and even if we do sign a replacement for McNulty, I think JP will be used as a back up.

Users who are viewing this thread