Ponticelli (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

good to see him keeping his confidence up. will take time for him to become our savior but can see him scoring some big goals this season still

better days

Interesting to see the line up for the U23 game today
Reckon we'll see a few of them in against Borehamwood on Sunday

better days

O'Brien, Dion Kelly-Evans, Ford, Hyam, Stokes, Maycock, Vincenti, Stevenson, Devon Kelly-Evans, Ponticelli, Sayoud Subs: Hickman, Bayliss, Camwell, Finn, Ford

steve82

Plenty of potential 1st team players there. I'm guessing they didn't go with the 343/352 tactic for this? Anyone attend this?

SlowerThanPlatt

Not really a big fan of playing players like Vincenti and Stokes over younger players in U23 games. Fair enough if a senior player is coming back from injury but to just put them in because they’re not featuring much in the first team sends out the wrong message IMO.

Likes of Hyam, Stevenson and Maycock are still young and have some development to go but not sure what Vincenti and Stokes are going to learn from playing against an U23 side with our younger players warming the bench. Just becomes disjointed but obviously the U23 coach is working under the managers discretion

Otis

Not really a big fan of playing players like Vincenti and Stokes over younger players in U23 games. Fair enough if a senior player is coming back from injury but to just put them in because they’re not featuring much in the first team sends out the wrong message IMO.

Likes of Hyam, Stevenson and Maycock are still young and have some development to go but not sure what Vincenti and Stokes are going to learn from playing against an U23 side with our younger players warming the bench. Just becomes disjointed but obviously the U23 coach is working under the managers discretion
I get Stokes, because he was looking ring rusty and you have to remember he was out for a very long time. Vincenti though, yeah, I don't quite get.

I see that Camwell, Bayliss and Finn were all on the bench. Would be nice to see them being given a chance to prove themselves.

Esoterica

Would normally agree completely STP but I assumed this was to get some minutes in the legs of fringe first teamers before getting starts at the weekend in the FA Cup. If that is the case then I do understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread