PONTICELLI (4 Viewers)

stupot07

Just seen Nazon and Biamou. Nazon'd limping

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

If he's not going to get more than 5 mins a game I'd honestly loan him out to a conference team. Jordan thompson has played full 90 mins now since his loan, something like 11 matches. Surely JP would learn more from that than 5 mins coming on and not touching the ball. Although I'm an advocate for starting him but just say it, if he's not gonna get starts atm for us then loan him out

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I was driving past. Not sure of there's a holiday club or anything going on at the leisure centre

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ah it could be, or the college.

Maybe one of the kids from wood end showed him how to tackle?

Esoterica

An 18-year old scores twice for Arsenal today but Ponticelli at 19 is too young, not ready and being kept out of the team by the prolific strikers we have.
Nketiah's been signed to a professional football club since he was 11, is a multiple level England youth international and was an 85th minute substitute in Arsenal's B team in a shitty cup competition. It's a ridiculous comparison.

Grendel

Well we scored three goals, he may not have got one but I'm sure his running contributed

He wasn’t on the field when we scored two of them

pusbccfc

He looked more than ready today. Touch is good and his movement is brilliant.

ceetee

His movement is excellent and I'm sure he will be a great asset for us in time, but he didn't win a challenge with the defence.
The much maligned Biamou came on and immediately started to challenge defenders and win balls.
And both of the second half goals came from his weighted passes.

Hobo

I get that if we don't create the chances nobody can score but at some point surely he gets a go. As Adams said why is he on the bench if he's not ready to play.

You put them on the bench to observe and learn. Get them used to the match day atmosphere, the dressing room culture. Make them feel part of the team and at home with their work environment.

Astute

He looks a good prospect but he isn't ready to play every week.
How is he supposed to get ready to play each week if we don't play him?

Yesterday will have been good for his confidence and experience. There is a massive difference between watching and playing.

higgs

Did he do enough yesterday to be a regular starter this season?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

skybluegod

How is he supposed to get ready to play each week if we don't play him?

Yesterday will have been good for his confidence and experience. There is a massive difference between watching and playing.

I don’t think sick boy is saying don’t play him, the idea is not too much too soon. Even the best talents need to be protected.
He did well yes. But he shouldn’t start every game, he’ll burnout if he does, and he won’t suit every game.

Astute

I don’t think sick boy is saying don’t play him, the idea is not too much too soon. Even the best talents need to be protected.
He did well yes. But he shouldn’t start every game, he’ll burnout if he does, and he won’t suit every game.
He needs more than the occasional 5 minutes. Yes playing 46 games a season might be too much. But over 1/3 of the season has already gone.

skybluegod

He needs more than the occasional 5 minutes. Yes playing 46 games a season might be too much. But over 1/3 of the season has already gone.

He also needed to earn his place? He’s only been in a professional environment for 2 years. Robins is handling it brilliantly easing him in.

Users who are viewing this thread