Ponti (1 Viewer)

mark82

Wow, I'm stunned he's gone to a league one team. Probably would've preferred him to go to league 2 and be more likely to play.

lifeskyblue

Bit of a strange one for us and Tranmere . Good luck to the lad and hope he gets his chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

Least we had the sense to not leave him play against us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

Slightly higher level than anticipated. Assumed he'd be going out to a National League side. Best of luck to him though, he really needs to get some minutes under his belt!

chiefdave

Can't be a loan with a view to sell down the line as they could just sign him now, window is open. Robins surely wouldn't let him out on loan to have him not play so they must have promised game time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wasn't expecting him to get a loan that high due to his injury last year. Expected another L2. Good luck to the lad - hope he gets regular game time. Wonder what odds you'd get on him outscoring our strikers this season?

rob9872

Perfect move to see if he can do it at this level.

no_loyalty

Will be interesting to see how he fairs in league one, but agree he should have a full season in league two.

Garryb80

Good move for us and win win really. If he does well we can recall in January and take advantage of that. If he doesn't then we know he isn't cut out for the level without risk on our side.
Should be an interesting time for his fanboys.

skyblueinBaku

I thought that if he went out on loan it would be to a League 2 side. He needs plenty of game time and I think he's more likely to get that in League 2. Best of luck to the lad - I hope he has a successful loan spell.

SAJ

I think this is a great move.
For whatever reason Robins doesn’t seem to rate him as he played less than 30 minutes for us all of last season after he was recalled.
His first U23 match this season he scored 3 but it still wasn’t enough to get him to Spain. So. let’s see if he can really set the world alight now and hope he keeps injury free. This could be a blessing in disguise.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think this is a great move.
For whatever reason Robins doesn’t seem to rate him as he played less than 30 minutes for us all of last season after he was recalled.
His first U23 match this season he scored 3 but it still wasn’t enough to get him to Spain. So. let’s see if he can really set the world alight now and hope he keeps injury free. This could be a blessing in disguise.

He does rate him, but Ponticelli has some raw attributes and isn’t the best striker at the club.

I see a lot of potential in JP, but, he’s not proved that in the adults game. Age group football is good, but almost a completely different sport compared to the men’s game.

Liquid Gold

Just strange he went out to a team at the bottom of league two, spent the year injured then next season got a job at a league 1 club.

Magwitch

Good luck to the lad, bloody unlucky last season with that foot injury but the fact another manager and a division higher than last time deems him good enough to take on tells me he’s made an impression somewhere.

Covstu

Rahhhhhhhhh! Inaudible rant about what ponti needs to do to get in the team.... ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......... robins hates him......... booooooooo it’s all SISUs fault.

Sorry just general comments coming from Facebook on this one

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Based on?
Evidence?

Scoring a lot of goals at every level he's ever played with us. Even if you're only willing to look at pro football for us he scores a goal every 130 mins he plays. Taking his entire seniour career inc. Macclesfield (where he was coming back from injury) its a goal every 160 mins.

There are areas you can talk about that he needs to improve on, but goalscoring really isn't on of them. Plenty of forwards have had very illustrious careers due to their prowess in the area despite doing next to nothing else.

Great_Expectations

I really really hope this works out, as his scoring record for the U21/23 etc is impressive.

I’ve never seen it myself, as the few opportunities he’s had, his positional sense and technique haven’t been good enough, but equally he’s not had a fair chance in his proper position.

He’d barely get a sniff here if he stayed so I really hope he gets a chance at Tranmere, and being in L1 gives MR a chance to have a proper look at him at our level. It will also make it easier to compare him against our existing strikers, albeit with the caveat different teams play different formations and employ different tactics etc, but at least we’ll be familiar with the standard of opponent he’s against.

Potentially make or break for him with us.

MalcSB

Scoring a lot of goals at every level he's ever played with us. Even if you're only willing to look at pro football for us he scores a goal every 130 mins he plays. Taking his entire seniour career inc. Macclesfield (where he was coming back from injury) its a goal every 160 mins.

There are areas you can talk about that he needs to improve on, but goalscoring really isn't on of them. Plenty of forwards have had very illustrious careers due to their prowess in the area despite doing next to nothing else.
I would like any young local lad to make it. I just genuinely don’t see him as the new Messiah he doesn’t seem fast, skilful or good in the air. He’s not even that good on crosses.

ccfc1234

It's a good test for him. Fire the goals in and he will be in the shop window for a sale or in contention for the first team.

But if he fails it will see his career become downwardly mobile.

Hope he succeeds and scores lots, apart from against CCFC, unless we have a clause to prevent that happening?

skybluegod

It's too small a sample size to judge him on. As has been said on here many times. Never has a player got such a good reputation from not playing.

I'm pretty sure Billy Daniels was one of our highest ever youth scorers? Hasn't exactly had a stellar career.

Yes I agree ponti can finish. But his all round game has always been lacking when I have seen him.

I think he has potential. Don't think it will ever be above league one level though. More than happy to be proven wrong if he smacks them in for tranmere.

Last edited:

itsabuzzard

It's too small a sample size to judge him on. As has been said on here many times. Never has a player got such a good reputation from not playing.

I'm pretty sure Billy Daniels was one of our highest ever youth scorers? Hasn't exactly had a stellar career.

Yes I agree ponti can finish. But his all round game has always been lacking when I have seen him.

I think he has potential. Don't think it will ever be above league one level though. More than happy to be proven wrong if he snacks them in for tranmere.
Looks like he's been practising his snack attacks for some time.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

fatso

Great move for the Lad, and gives him a chance to show MR that he was wrong to not utilize him more.
I hope he can rise to the challenge.

I was eleven in 87

Interesting comment by Ponticelli to say it’s nice to come to a club and feel ‘wanted’.
Dig at Robins or just an unfortunate turn of phrase?

Si80

Will be surprised if he starts many games, let alone scores anywhere near double figures for them.

He’s a raw talent for sure, but I look at Ponticelli and compare him to Armstrong when he joined us at the same age and think Ponticelli is nowhere near his level.

Users who are viewing this thread