Pompey Tickets (2 Viewers)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Stupid cunts on facebook already complaining ST holders get an allocation of 6.
I saw that, making out like it was some new thing that ST holders get 6 when it's been like that for as long as I can remember (bar big cup games or restricted allocation games). They're such a bunch of cretins. If you care that much, get a fucking season ticket.

Skyblueweeman

I'll be going if there's still tickets left for general sale. Going on my own as a number of my mates are Pompey fans. Where's 'local' ccfc92?

Limey

I'm Farlington. Seems to be a few CCFC fans in this neck of the woods.
Just up the road then!
Yeah I've bumped into a few. A now friend of mine spotted me wearing a 98 city shirt and he in turn has a city supporting postman down here.
I guess geographically it's a nice route down from the Midlands.
I've got a match package so will be heading to st Andrews. For info, tickets go on sale 12 August for package holders.

richnrg

anyone know/predict realistic chance of this going to general sale? (I don't have a membership)

Absolutely, the Lawrence Arms in Southsea, 20 mins walk from the ground, camra ale and cider pub of the year for the last 2 years, so if that's your thing. Lots of home fans will be there but it's friendly.

Skyblueweeman

Anyone know how many tickets sold? Keen to get a couple when they go on general sale. And can anyone remember when that was - tomorrow or Weds if I recall.

Evo1883

Really should have done as well. Not one for usually comparing away followings etc but Blues took nearly 2,000 for a League Cup game last week, pretty poor that we've only just sold 300 for a league game.

They took 1300, I'd imagine we will take 1000, which let's be honest isn't good enough with the amount of fans not attending home games

Skyblueweeman

Really should have done as well. Not one for usually comparing away followings etc but Blues took nearly 2,000 for a League Cup game last week, pretty poor that we've only just sold 300 for a league game.

And they were silent as well. Worst away support I've seen.

Hopefully we'll have a big take up on general sale.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

They took 1300, I'd imagine we will take 1000, which let's be honest isn't good enough with the amount of fans not attending home games
Ah okay, I was going off a number given to me by a mate who was a bluenose, note to self to fact check, especially when it comes to Brummies.

Evo1883

1 in 10 season ticket holders so far have got tickets the actual number is probably less .. Really poor

The reality is, same as every season it will be the same 800-1400 on average that go away everywhere with the club this year

Last edited:

theferret

I'm not sure what people are expecting. It's the south coast on a Tuesday night, for a game you can watch on ifollow for a few quid. Those who sate 'away games only' will still pick and choose which games they go to, and this won't be one for many of them. 'Away games only' isn't the same as 'all away games'.

If we take 1000 to this, on Tuesday night in the 3rd division it is a very good following, although I think it will be more like 700-800. I thought our following there last season was excellent, to take 1400 for an early kick off live on Sky was decent, but we're not going to get that midweek. We're also got away days at Oxford and Burton coming up and I expect people to be looking at going to both of those.

Evo1883

But we have a further 5000 not attending home games, you'd expect good following everywhere this season

Id be content with 1000, just think it should be more under the circumstances.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's a 2.5 hr journey (probably longer if you'd be travelling in rush hour) on a workday. That's just not doable for a huge amount of fans. There is life outside of CCFC you know!

Users who are viewing this thread