Pompey forum (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Is St Andrew pitch bumpy and over used?
Just wondered. Yes . I know... I’m a stay away fan. Self imposed staying in the city. Nothing will get me to go to St Andrews and I am missing out. I used to go up week in week out. I was driving near Highfield RD and my old parking spots. I’d love to wind the clock back to the days of walking up to the matches,

I’m not saying the Ricoh would be anywhere as good but interesting to see that a comment about the pitch was made.
It’s not perfect but it’s ok at the moment. What would mean you could travel?

Flying Fokker

Good question.

I firmly believe the St Andrews fans are totally and unquestionable loyal to the Sky Blues.

When I dip out of going (periodically) for reasons such as the horrible atmosphere and thuggery that blights football grounds occasionally.

I do not jump on the bandwagon either. In 87 it would have been hypocritical of me to go to Wembley. Went to the semi but I felt I should not go to the final. Instead I celebrated in the city afterwards and stood on the Council House steps on Sunday. I didn’t go to the last two Wembley games either....SISU being the main reason.
I go to away games sometimes.

I’ve said that football is about dreams in the previous posts.

I dream of a club that plays in front of its fans in the city it was formed.

I can tolerate SISU if we are back in the city. This time it is not all SISU. But it’s happened twice now.. We see that success this season comes at a price of lost fans and dwindling demographic.

until we are back in Cov I will not go.

kg82

If I recall correctly, the story goes that sometime between 1988 and 2001 in Blackpool (I guess on some stag do's), some Cov boys did over one of Pompey's boys quite badly. Pompey waited patiently until the next time we crossed paths and voila, a tear-up that no-one was expecting.

I remember going down to Pompey the season after fearing the worst but they were fine (1-1 in their promotion season, Merson ran the game).
I went to that. Davenport with our goal right in front of us.

Sky Blue Pete

Good question.

I firmly believe the St Andrews fans are totally and unquestionable loyal to the Sky Blues.

When I dip out of going (periodically) for reasons such as the horrible atmosphere and thuggery that blights football grounds occasionally.

I do not jump on the bandwagon either. In 87 it would have been hypocritical of me to go to Wembley. Went to the semi but I felt I should not go to the final. Instead I celebrated in the city afterwards and stood on the Council House steps on Sunday. I didn’t go to the last two Wembley games either....SISU being the main reason.

I can tolerate SISU if we are back in the city. This time it is not all SISU. But it’s happened twice now.. We see that success this season comes at a price of lost fans and dwindling demographic.

That makes me so sad

oscillatewildly

Good question.

I've been going (picking and choosing, family and work commitments allowing) but I'm totally with you as far as 'ethics' are concerned. I know quite a few people who have been long standing ST holders who have boycotted Stans.
FFS, in absolute exasperation I found myself boycotting home games at ricoh a few seasons back.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I've been going (picking and choosing, family and work commitments allowing) but I'm totally with you as far as 'ethics' are concerned. I know quite a few people who have been long standing ST holders who have boycotted Stans.
FFS, in absolute exasperation I found myself boycotting home games at ricoh a few seasons back.
To be honest I’m currently boycotting the Ricoh and it’s amenities now

letsallsingtogether

Yeah, a lot of City fans did time for that and Pompey fans who instigated the whole thing largely got away with it.
Yes one of my mates who was sitting in that area handed himself in after seeing his face in the Telegraph not a fighter in the leaet but ha d the book thrown at him......
Luckily for me it was the first time I took my daughter so I was in the bar area of the west terrace near the main stand having a coffee.
Never even knew anything had happened until I got home and saw it on central News.....

pipkin73

You must know the new owners, or else why piss on the clubs historical ground? dreading your bull reply

Users who are viewing this thread