Poll (3 Viewers)

Should Robins remain as manager if we fail to finish top 7 this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Otis

Nope. He said the intention was promotion and we were 3rd favourites for promotion with the bookies.

Below 7th is a failure.

I guess there is a gray area of being pipped at the post on goal difference etc., but clearly outside the playoffs is undoubtedly a failure

We have the best defence in the league and one of the top goalscorers.

No excuse.

slyblue57

No he should go if we do nt get promotion . If we make the playoffs and do nt go up he has failed. Its his squad, his tactics , success its his, failure its his.
pusb

torchomatic

Yep. Changing the manager constantly isn't going to lead to a different outcome to the last time we changed a manger. Or the time before that, etc.

Give him time.

Adge

I’d say if he doesn’t make the playoffs then he has failed. Lets not forget amongst the good or bad signings that he made he also offered new deals to last season’s losers. If he gets us into the playoffs and we fail then I’d give him another roll of the dice next season because we know that the playoffs are a bit of a lottery.

Otis

I’d say if he doesn’t make the playoffs then he has failed. Lets not forget amongst the good or bad signings that he made he also offered new deals to last season’s losers. If he gets us into the playoffs and we fail then I’d give him another roll of the dice next season because we know that the playoffs are a bit of a lottery.
They certainly are.

Expect Accrington Mark II if we end up in the playoffs.

Best hope for us there I think is the away leg first and a good result there.

I would be deeply concerned if we were at home first leg. Massive crowd once again, massive expectation, leading to inevitable failure. I don't think many of us would fancy our chances. We all have the tshirt.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Sack him. Slade is available again. Not sure who we’re going to replace him with. We could gamble on a complete rookie, maybe promote from within or go for another journey man who will probably be no better qualified, get some new manager bounce at the start of next season, the usual suspects on here will be slapping each other on the back congratulating themselves on how right they are, before the demoralising poison chalice that is CCFC owned by SISU’s curse strikes again, post Xmas slump, same usual suspects who were only three months ago slapping each other on the back congratulating themselves on how right they were will then start calling for his head as they’ve failed to see the bigger issues and the saviour must fall on his sword, he gets sacked or leaves on his own accord, same usual suspects again start slapping each other on the back again, rinse and repeat with another relegation thrown in for good measures.

What could possibly go wrong?

RegTheDonk

While he might not have been lucky or insightful in some of the transfer dealings, the kids he is helping through the youth system are improving. Perhaps another 12 months down the line they will be a tougher unit to beat, mentally and physically. So, while its gutting to yet again be in a position where we could have got out of this pit, I'd stick ... it also saves money on any compo payout and stops the rinse and repeat cycle, which other than check glory hasn't actually done us much good.

If we find ourselves in 12 months time struggling with the risk of relegation or no hope of promotion, thats a different matter and I would hope Robins would walk before he was pushed.

Otis

Bring in yet another manager, who'll have even less budget next year, yep, that'll fix things.
But then in turn, it's okay to have the same manager who failed this season in charge next season with even less budget?

oucho

Why should failure be a sackable offence?

oucho

Welcome to the world of football.
But that's just the point. In any other business you would be trusted to learn from your mistakes. It's called investment in people. If we become stronger as a club long term then it will be worth it. We might as well take a chance on that approach, since the 'fire the manager when things start to look dodgy' approach has demonstrably failed us over the years.

There isn't another manager out there who is going to come in and instantly turn us into winners. It'll take us settling on one bloke for a few years to stamp his mark on the club and build a consistent, rather than transient, culture at the club. Success is built on long term personnel and strategy. Failure happens when you constantly look for instant success. Our fans literally cannot accept this.

Terry Gibson's perm

He should remain he lost his assistant at a bad time, he needs to hope oggy retires to save him the job of sacking him.

The problem is the owners we have the biggest crowds but only a top half budget yes we don’t get much f&b money but we pay hardly any rent.

Looking forward to hearing the bull shit if Maddison gets sold because with that money we should have a huge budget

Otis

But that's just the point. In any other business you would be trusted to learn from your mistakes. It's called investment in people. If we become stronger as a club long term then it will be worth it. We might as well take a chance on that approach, since the 'fire the manager when things start to look dodgy' approach has demonstrably failed us over the years.

There isn't another manager out there who is going to come in and instantly turn us into winners. It'll take us settling on one bloke for a few years to stamp his mark on the club and build a consistent, rather than transient, culture at the club. Success is built on long term personnel and strategy. Failure happens when you constantly look for instant success. Our fans literally cannot accept this.
Again, this is the world of football.

We are not alone here, so this label cannot be just be thrown at Coventry City's door.

The lifespan of a football manger at any club is notoriously low.

Otis

He should remain he lost his assistant at a bad time, he needs to hope oggy retires to save him the job of sacking him.

The problem is the owners we have the biggest crowds but only a top half budget yes we don’t get much f&b money but we pay hardly any rent.

Looking forward to hearing the bull shit if Maddison gets sold because with that money we should have a huge budget
Do we know with any degree of certainty that there is a percentage sell on for us and how much?

Captain Dart

I like him but if he can't deliver I'd rather have a successful arsehole in charge.

Anyway it is up to Fisher, but he is the man I want to go.

D

Deleted member 4439

But then in turn, it's okay to have the same manager who failed this season in charge next season with even less budget?

On what basis should we define whether Robbins has failed if we don't get to the playoff? Presumably that would be down to budget. Could somebody please confirm for me what our playing budget (including transfer / agents fees, matchday preps and training) was this year, and how this compares to others in the league?

BackRoomRummermill

Do we know with any degree of certainty that there is a percentage sell on for us and how much?

I mentioned this who actually knows in that 20 page thread about it .

The same for Wilson and was some time ago the same again for Sturridge. To many dreamers I am afraid and not in touch with reality

BackRoomRummermill

On the basis that Robins himself has all but said that not making the playoffs is failure.

I would guesstimate at least a 20% drop in attendance if we stay in shitesville , that will leave the Ricoh even more soulless than it is now , there will be more support staff than fans

Otis

I would guesstimate at least a 20% drop in attendance if we stay in shitesville , that will leave the Ricoh even more soulless than it is now , there will be more support staff than fans
Yep. Would expect crowds to be around 6,000 next season and if we don't do at all well, I think they will indeed fall further still.

johnwillomagic

I think he has to go if we do not make top 7 with our resources/fanbase/one of the largest playing squads in the league
there really is no excuse for not as a minimum making play offs!

I would be disappointed if we do not make top 3 tbh! Looking like I will be disappointed on that score at the moment!!!

BackRoomRummermill

I think he has to go if we do not make top 7 with our resources/fanbase/one of the largest playing squads in the league
there really is no excuse for not as a minimum making play offs!

I would be disappointed if we do not make top 3 tbh! Looking like I will be disappointed on that score at the moment!!!

Games are running out as well others have games in hand , it’s all unfolded like a business going bust

Terry Gibson's perm

There is a sell on I am sure the idiot in charge at the time said there was but surprisingly it was also undisclosed, but it doesn’t matter if it’s 1% or 99% it isn’t going into the playing side

Users who are viewing this thread