• UPPER MID TABLE

• MID TABLE

• LOWER MID TABLE

• JUST SURVIVE

• RELEGATED

• ROCK BOTTOM

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paxman II

So everyone has had time to think about it and now is the time to state your case.

Evo1883

15th/16th lower mid table

I believe last season I predicted 5th or 6th 🤷

Mucca Mad Boys

What does just survive actually mean? 21st to...?

Being pragmatic, I think we’ll finish somewhere between 17th and 21st.

Evo1883

What does just survive actually mean? 21st to...?

Being pragmatic, I think we’ll finish somewhere between 17th and 21st.

17th imo is the lower end of lower mid table and 21st is just survive so I'd say yours is just survive

SlowerThanPlatt

It would be interesting to find out how L1 other clubs who have been promoted have done in their first season? Excluding teams like Wolves, Bournemouth, Sheffield United etc who already had competitive Championship budgets at the very least. Talking teams like Rotherham, Burton, Barnsley.

SlowerThanPlatt

Voted Just Survive. Gut says we’re either going to be dark horses or get smashed every week and I can’t decide which. Do think there’s three worse teams than us (or two and a team on -12)
Shef Weds would have finished bottom on -12 last season

Evo1883

It would be interesting to find out how L1 other clubs who have been promoted have done in their first season? Excluding teams like Wolves, Bournemouth, Sheffield United etc who already had competitive Championship budgets at the very least. Talking teams like Rotherham, Burton, Barnsley.
Burton stayed up for 1 season didn't they, barnsley stayed up, Rotherham down last time... Il try find out... Although we can both agree bigger budget doesn't always equate to better side so it hard to measure... Sheffield United gained promotion on a mid table budget to the prem so you can over achieve

Bugsy

I'm going for midtable, think our setup will be hard to beat, I predict lots of draws with a few good wins...PUSB

Evo1883

Looking at the results so far here, It would appear despite the drama of match day threads, most supporters are level headed, some could say mildly optimistic.... I'd imagine if you did this same poll on Facebook it would bring different more optimistic and unrealistic results... Over 70% here believe lower mid table and below

Reactions: AOM

Mucca Mad Boys

17th imo is the lower end of lower mid table and 21st is just survive so I'd say yours is just survive

Agreed! Happy to low ball us so I’m not disappointed if we’re scrapping for survival until the last day!

Legia Sky Blue

I've ambitiously gone for mid table. Even though there has been a big gap between seasons I hope we can still harness the winning habits from last season, and that our team ethos and good management will override the financial advantages a lot of our rivals will have over us. I like that we are bringing in young hungry players rather than old pros, and hopefully as the games come thick and fast those younger legs will prove to be an advantage.

Londonccfcfan

Burton stayed up for 1 season didn't they, barnsley stayed up, Rotherham down last time... Il try find out... Although we can both agree bigger budget doesn't always equate to better side so it hard to measure... Sheffield United gained promotion on a mid table budget to the prem so you can over achieve

Was chatting to a few of my Millwall mates and they stayed up finished 8th after scraping through play offs 3 years ago.

Encouragingly they tell me practically same squad from League 1 stepped up. that was quite remarkable on their respective budget.

They i think are the exception in recent years.

JulianDarbyFTW

I've gone mid-table, but I could have picked any of the options and had a chance of being right. I think it depends if we can maintain our possession hungry game, which is likely be harder to achieve this time around, and how quickly we get back on the bike after six months of not really playing. It's a weird season to predict.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm setting my expectations pretty low on purpose but I do have a lot of faith on the squad and management team. I wouldn't say it would be impossible for them to surprise us this season.

For now I have gone for lower-mid table, but who knows!

Happy_Martian

Voted "Just survive". Like everyone else, I'd love for us to be challenging at the top end of the league this season and I'm trying hard not to be negative before the first game even kicks off. But we really should be looking to just consolidate our place in the Championship. And with the disparity of finances in the division, surviving this year will be enough for me. Anything above that would be a massive bonus.

Paxman II

Keep your predictions coming. We will look back come end of the season to see who was right, almost right, way off or just plain got it wrong...or right for that matter!

mds

Always with Sky Blue tinted glasses.
Upper mid, we were miles ahead of most teams we played in league one last season playing football the right way, if we can continue that style of play with the positive signings we have made we may upset and surprise quite a few teams.

We`ll have a good idea by Christmas, only 107 days to go ;)

Ranjit Bhurpa

Mid table.
Yes, it's a big step up in class but the Club is on an upwards trajectory, with confidence and momentum from last season and some astute signings this summer.
Don't think the management team will be aiming to just survive and we could surprise a few.

Users who are viewing this thread