POLL: Would you support a new club in Coventry? (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

No I fucking would'nt

GaryPendrysEyes

I still think Sisu will sell sooner rather than later and the new owner will return and own all/part of the Ricoh. In which case a new club wouldnt make sense/survive.

No, not whilst ccfc are still in existence and planning to come back.

Not while Sisu are in charge, may I refer you to Mr Fishers comment on this mornings interview, CCC would not give permission for a new stadium whilst they still part own the Ricoh

covcity4life

not whislt ccfc exists

after? then yes i would. ccfc will always live on, even if technically it dies

we are vampires.

Nonleagueherewecome

If it was a CCFC Phoenix club after SISU either liquidate us or admit it's permanent relocation, yes.

Covstu

if fishpot come out and said we are now Northampton sky blues or Leamington city or whatever then CCFC dies. I would support a newly formed club at that stage but my heart wouldnt be in it in truth.

Nonleagueherewecome

if fishpot come out and said we are now Northampton sky blues or Leamington city or whatever then CCFC dies. I would support a newly formed club at that stage but my heart wouldnt be in it in truth.

I'd be something I didn't think possible if he screwed up Leamington too-even angrier!

M&B Stand

No. Not while the club I've always followed is still running. doesnt matter how badly it's been run its still the club that makes or breaks my weekend. Where I've met many good friends going home & away over the years. And that I've always been proud to support. No more so than the way the young lads fought till the game was won yesterday. Even going away with England and bumping into people you know and have an affinity and shared interest with. Have spent too many cold afternoons/nights in old football grounds up and down the land to give up just because I hate the owners. It's just a part of who I am.

Davs

No, I am only interested in CCFC and have very little interest in football other than this. So if CCFC ceased to exist I would go fishing and ride my bike more.

RoboCCFC90

It's not just no, It's an "Oh hell no!!!"

torchomatic

Not on your nelly.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

covhead1

I would but only if CCFC went completely tits up........................and we ain't there yet!!

mark82

I assume those saying no think near to Coventry is good enough for a return? I'd personally like to know what that means first.

Otis

Would you support a new club in Coventry if one was formed?

Simple yes or no.

http://shar.es/ykxiN

But it's not a simple yes or no. that's the whole point. You can't just make it a yes or no question. What about those who would support a new club only until Coventry City came back to Coventry?

I simply cannot answer this question with a simple yes or no.

mark82

But it's not a simple yes or no. that's the whole point. You can't just make it a yes or no question. What about those who would support a new club only until Coventry City came back to Coventry?

I simply cannot answer this question with a simple yes or no.

Agree. The question needed different phrasing like "if a new club was started for next season and CCFC were not returning to Coventry would you start a newly created club". The question is not 100% clear on the scenario.

Otis

Agree. The question needed different phrasing like "if a new club was started for next season and CCFC were not returning to Coventry would you start a newly created club". The question is not 100% clear on the scenario.

Exactly. It's not so clear cut at all. Is he talking about instead of CCFC, alongside CCFC, only if CCFC no longer existed or only until CCFC returned home?

ian lollipop

be honest while sisu in charge they will not be back so is this the right time to think about this.
fisher said today he wont deal with Coventry council so this will mean cov wont ever be home.
question then who will support ccfc if there in Warwick leamington etc.
sorry no question marks my key board knackered lol .

Sky Blue Harry H

No. Not while the club I've always followed is still running. doesnt matter how badly it's been run its still the club that makes or breaks my weekend. Where I've met many good friends going home & away over the years. And that I've always been proud to support. No more so than the way the young lads fought till the game was won yesterday. Even going away with England and bumping into people you know and have an affinity and shared interest with. Have spent too many cold afternoons/nights in old football grounds up and down the land to give up just because I hate the owners. It's just a part of who I am.

Agree - but I also think that it's the fans that make the club. Just like we're telling TF we're not having it now. What if TF hasn't moved us back in (say) 7 years, we would have to do something positive to wrest control back. If (and I know it's a big if). they built a new stadium near Cov, SISU will own it (not CCFC) and I'm not sure I'd trust them to filter much of any income into the team. Cov City are whoever we choose (the players change all the time, anyway). Do Wimbledon fans think MK Dons are really their team, or do they follow the 'new' Wimbledon? When you think of it like that, it doesn't seem quite the wrench. But I'd hate for the fans to be split.

stupot07

Agree - but I also think that it's the fans that make the club. Just like we're telling TF we're not having it now. What if TF hasn't moved us back in (say) 7 years, we would have to do something positive to wrest control back. If (and I know it's a big if). they built a new stadium near Cov, SISU will own it (not CCFC) and I'm not sure I'd trust them to filter much of any income into the team. Cov City are whoever we choose (the players change all the time, anyway). Do Wimbledon fans think MK Dons are really their team, or do they follow the 'new' Wimbledon? When you think of it like that, it doesn't seem quite the wrench. But I'd hate for the fans to be split.

Wimbledon is completely different, the FA sanctioned a permanent move and refranchise to Milton Keynes.

Users who are viewing this thread