POLL Would you go to CCFC games in 3 years time if we had a new stadium located just (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

Would you go to CCFC games in 3 years time if we had a new stadium located just outside of the city boundary?

http://shar.es/yyBeM

My personal feeling is that if the club owned a new stadium a couple of miles outside of the boundary I would go.

Interested to hear your views.

D

Deleted member 4232

Depends who our owners are and how far outside the city is really.

bigfatronssba

Probably will have lost interest by then.

Otis

Probably will have lost interest by then.

Big worry and a distinct possibility for thousands of City fans I would say.

Also, just how far down the leagues could we be by then I wonder? That's a big factor. If we are struggling in say League 2 that would have a massive effect on the amount of people turning up.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If they do go ahead with this crazy plan, which I still think its just words, I would find it difficult not to.

They'd have brought Coventry back to Coventry (well kinda), and with a new stadium of their own, it would rule out any chance of us ever returning to the Ricoh!

Whilst they're at Northampton, which is only a temporary arrangement, there is a chance of a return to the Ricoh (which I still old out for)

James Smith

If they do go ahead with this crazy plan, which I still think its just words, I would find it difficult not to.

They'd have brought Coventry back to Coventry (well kinda), and with a new stadium of their own, it would rule out any chance of us ever returning to the Ricoh!

Whilst they're at Northampton, which is only a temporary arrangement, there is a chance of a return to the Ricoh (which I still old out for)
Well if we're still at Northampton by the end of the season then we probably won't be back at the Ricoh in my personal opinion because ACL will have got tired of waiting and had to do something else involving the pitch area. The clock is ticking and as I said on the other thread http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...-think-it-will?p=521568&viewfull=1#post521568 there isn't a good business case for moving us to Northampton other than to distress ACL.

RPHunt

I think there is about as much chance of us having any new ground as there is of us buying the Emirates from Arsenal and moving CCFC there.

RoboCCFC90

Yes absolutely!

skybluericoh

NO. There is a perfectly good stadium in Coventry. Today SISU, well Tim Fisher, as SISU cannot actually talk, in not so many words said, 'I don't give a rats ass what any Coventry City fans think, we have fell out with ACL and we will do everything we can to wreck this club, and if we can harm the council then great' As a citizen of Coventry, go after the CCC then you are also costing ever rate payer, fan or not for no other reason than you didn't get your way.

skybluericoh

The ground will be L1 standard and capacity.
So you are voting for an inferior stadium and the team will be L1 ( Championship occasionally) journeyman team.

No ambition. No prospects. No hope. No thanks.
The way things are going we will be yoyoing between L1 and L2 The Championship is as far away as the Champions League!

Delboycov

Depends on how further disconnected I am from the club in 5 years time...it certainly won't be 3 years, I'm sure of that. I feel with each passing day and each nail hammered into the CCFC coffin the club slips a little further away from me...I support Coventry City because of the Coventry bit in the name and the thought that we will NEVER play IN my city again should these twats go through with their plan would probably mean I will have become completely disconnected and fallen totally out of love with the club by then.

CCFC_GT

There won't be a new stadium in 3 years. It is total bullshit unless someone can present a financial calculation that shows it makes sense for SISU to go ahead and build, and will at least recover all the accumulated losses at that stage on sale of the football club and stadium complex.

Also why do some fans seem to assume that CCFC would be the owners and any better off even if this mythical stadium was ever built by SISU?

Delboycov

There won't be a new stadium in 3 years. It is total bullshit unless someone can present a financial calculation that shows it makes sense for SISU to go ahead and build, and will at least recover all the accumulated losses at that stage on sale of the football club and stadium complex.

Also why do some fans seem to assume that CCFC would be the owners and any better off even if this mythical stadium was ever built by SISU?

Exactly...can't see why anyone would want 'Arena Tinpot' built knowing it will be outside Coventry and there is every chance we will merely be renting it from owners who have proven to be completely ruthless and incredibly uncaring when it comes to the club and it's fans.

Sisued

Because Fisher had made it clear that we can't sustain a club without the revenue from the pies.
Surely sisu will fund the stadium and then gift wrap it for a wonderful skyblue xmas. Fisher can be Santa and seppala can wear a sexy elf costume. And we can all sing carol's by candlelight in the centre circle as the snow comes down.

Big worry and a distinct possibility for thousands of City fans I would say.

Also, just how far down the leagues could we be by then I wonder? That's a big factor. If we are struggling in say League 2 that would have a massive effect on the amount of people turning up.

On crowds of around 1500 (not all teams will bring 1000 away fans) struggling in league two in 3 years time would be a success. More likely to be mid table conference north by then with the current owners.

cloughie

NAIL ON THE HEAD as they say, and as someone else often says let's make no mistake about this shane'

mark82

External polls are better. I can vote using my mobile then!!!

I've not answered the poll as depends how far out the boundaries for me. Still think building another new stadium would kill the club though. Needs to be at least 25k capacity in my eyes too. No point building a 15k stadium.

covcity4life

yes if it is local, if its nearing 30 min drive probably not so much

no real cov fan loses interest in their team.

and thats not a wind up, its a fact.

i cant believe that some people were like "meh" about the last game jsut gone by, yeh i understand people being down but all this talk of ccfc is dead etc is silly.

Last edited:

SIR ERNIE

Here's another idea for a poll:

Would you go to fly to the moon in 3 years time if SISU built a lunar launch pad located just outside of the city boundary?

italiahorse

yes if it is local, if its nearing 30 min drive probably not so much

no real cov fan loses interest in their team.

and thats not a wind up, its a fact.

i cant believe that some people were like "meh" about the last game jsut gone by, yeh i understand people being down but all this talk of ccfc is dead etc is silly.

I wont loose interest.
I'll just listen to it on the radio like I used to do when I was skint after marriage and kids in the 80's.

Buster

No ! When the season starts I'll probably think back to Sunday watching Bruck and co ,hearing the speeches of Kirk and Billy in front of 8000 fans . Time to go Buster ,Foot ball just ain't what it used to be.!

L

longjohnskyblue

I am just curious, but how much is the actual profits from F&D from the ricoh?

If the F&D was earning £20-£30 million a season, then sure it would be a no-brainer they need to own the stadium, but it isn't even close! However the ability to use the stadium as a sink hole for debts, or to change into an exhibition centre is immense potential.

Sorry but the stadium should never be in sisu's hands at any price

I can't see how SISU can possibly get a new stadium ready in 3 years. They have not purchased land yet so with planning and all the required consents taking at least 12 months and a building it taking at least another 18 it is most unlikely.

I doubt it will ever come to fruition. I just don’t think that Sappala / Fisher and Co could raise the finance. There are a lot better investments out there. Why on earth invest in Football?

If the fans stay away from the games at Sixfields SISU will have the further problem of having to fund operational loses as well as raise capital for a project.

And in response to the question. No, I would not, certainly not if SISU are involved. When they have gone, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread