Poll. New Stadium or remain at the Ricoh ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Given a choice, which would you prefer ?

1 A new Stadium within the City bondary or

2. A re-negotiated long term deal to remain at the Ricoh

This may give the club some sort of indication of the supporter's preferences. Can anyone make this into a proper poll as I (as an OAP) don't know how to !

jimmyhillsfanclub

I want an 80,000 stadium with underground car-park, sliding roof & retractable pitch....I've seen the brochure & I'm sure dear old Bryan will deliver it shortly, on time & on budget...

Bertola

I dont understand why anyone would want their club to be confined by the restraints of playing at a stadium that isn't ours.

A new stadium (or purchase of the Ricoh - but that is never going to happen) is a necessity

rupert_bear

Butts as I see it is the only place within the city it could be, location perfect just a stroll from city centre, but is there room for a 30000 seater stadium ? Depends how much extra land there is, then there's planning.but there is a stadium there now, parking not really an issue loads of car parks nearby, revenue for council. Would be very interesting our councils attitude after their performance regards the Ricoh.

Gynnsthetonic

Our own stadium near the city centre, I seen Vicarage Rd, Watford on the TV last night and thought what a neat stadium, I'm sure a similar stadium could be built like that at the Butt's with room to make up to say 25000

christonabike

Number 2 for me. Lets spend a few shillings on the team from the youth academy up rather than a Lego stadium we will never own either as our owners would mortgage it to the hilt anyway. Nowt wrong with where we are if we can get a decent deal to stay.

Sbarcher

1or 2. Makes no difference, we will still be paying rent to a landlord.

vow

No.1 if CCFC owned it not our owners (or any owners).

torchomatic

Eventually, our own stadium in the city.

Liquid Gold

1. As has been said many times over by people in the know, a football club cannot survive without access to all possible revenue streams

I agree that the ideal would be for wasps to fuck off or go bust and we can buy the stadium that has our initials on the seats, a statue of our greatest manager outside, bricks with the names of ccfc fans who helped fund it and a memorial garden for many of our sadly departed fans. It's an absolute disgrace that a London rugby club owns our fucking stadium.

Grendel

Tried that route already and got our fingers seriously toasted. Wasps go but and we pay a fair price, might work, but that wold need new owners.

Fair price being what, twice what Wasps paid with a 6th of the lease?

stupot07

This poll is pointless, it's the Ricoh vs an imaginary stadium which has no capacity, location, etc details, etc. How can anyone make an decision.

Pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Glen

1. Our Stadium, start by building 4 sides and when progress fill corners in it the most cost effective stadium build there can be

sky_blue_up_north

I just don't get how Wasps are going survive in the long term, they must rely somewhat the income from CCFC, and would be a blow to them if we leave. They have lower gates, higher running match days costs with the whole of the stadium open, have less games a season.... just does not stack up to me. I would prefer to stay at the Ricoh, it was built for us, but we need 100% revenues for match days and a share of other activities. But would like our own stadium, not sure the Butts is a goer pruely because of the lack of space, but it is a perfect location. To build a 15K stadium would be stupid, it really needs to be around 25K, with options to expand. Trouble is as many have eluded I don't think the club would own any new stadium, SISU will, and will still be renting....

SkyBlueHomer

At this time the only choice we have is - option 2.

We be nice to have our on ground but Butts isn't an option and no other area else has been identified

Otis

2. Cos the Ricoh is a great stadium and one day we may be able to get our hands on it and also because I don't think 1 will ever happen or is feasible.

italiahorse

Why do so many on here think we will ever own a new stadium when we are already in debt to Sisu for £50M ?

Stick around at the Ricoh, get the best long term deal that gives us a lot and still gives Wasps an incentive.
We are not going to build a new stadium so possible liquidation of the club is all the leverage we have on Wasps,

Users who are viewing this thread