Poll: How long will Trump be President? (1 Viewer)

Poll: How long will Trump be President?

• Up to 1 year (inaugurated 20 Jan 2017)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 2 years

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Up to 3 years

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Up to 4 years (fulll term)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2 full terms (8 years)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

I quite agree. Again as per my last post. He is trying something radical which others wouldn’t have the balls to do imo. They certainly don’t here in the UK. Critize after if he badly fails.

I think you’re mistaking having balls for having common sense. We’ll see I guess but you seem to be in a minority who are buying it whether they be everyday Americans or the independent think tanks mentioned in the articles I’ve linked.

chiefdave

In my opinion he is doing something quite radical here and giving it a shot. If it doesn’t work then you can put it back up another 5% or return it back.
Bush did the same thing so its not like this is something totally new. Why not look at when similar tax changes were introduced previously, that should give a good indication of the chances of success. Of course if people did that they'd see it was a disaster triggering a global financial meltdown. Something that can't be fixed by just changing it back.

If its all above board why wasn't the bill delivered to senators time to read it and examine it. In fact the replications rejected a democrat motion to postpone the vote until Monday to give time for the bill to be read.

clint van damme

Bush did the same thing so its not like this is something totally new. Why not look at when similar tax changes were introduced previously, that should give a good indication of the chances of success. Of course if people did that they'd see it was a disaster triggering a global financial meltdown. Something that can't be fixed by just changing it back.

If its all above board why wasn't the bill delivered to senators time to read it and examine it. In fact the replications rejected a democrat motion to postpone the vote until Monday to give time for the bill to be read.

Apparently some of the bill was presented with hand written changes and part of it still haven't been clarified. I think there's a process but it's been side stepped because the cost to the country doesn't go above a certain amount for ten years but I think it sky rockets after that.

chiefdave

Apparently some of the bill was presented with hand written changes and part of it still haven't been clarified. I think there's a process but it's been side stepped because the cost to the country doesn't go above a certain amount for ten years but I think it sky rockets after that.
And it wasn't even provided through official routes. The Democrat senators got it off Washington lobbyists!

Even the senates own committee estimates it will add $1tn of debt in the next decade.

Kingokings204

I think you’re mistaking having balls for having common sense. We’ll see I guess but you seem to be in a minority who are buying it whether they be everyday Americans or the independent think tanks mentioned in the articles I’ve linked.

Yes but think tanks are just that. We had numerous think tanks in the EU ref and look how they turned out. Some claim to be indepdant and aren’t also.

Reality is always the winner.

clint van damme

Again, he can’t do right for doing wrong. He is trying something voted for on a ticket. critque after by all means.

when a politician introduces something that they materially benefit from doesn't it raise even a slight concern with you?
A lot will depend on those benefiting using the extra income to invest in jobs on American soil, will that happen, who knows but surely exempting the tax on earnings abroad isn't going to encourage that is it?

clint van damme

And it wasn't even provided through official routes. The Democrat senators got it off Washington lobbyists!

Even the senates own committee estimates it will add $1tn of debt in the next decade.

I think it goes even higher after ten years, some of the figures are staggering.

Kingokings204

I seem to have missed his promises of tax breaks for the richest. I certainly remember him stating that any changes to tax laws wouldn't benefit him personally.

Ok so you missed it. He has always stated tax reform. Hardly a big secret.

chiefdave

A lot will depend on those benefiting using the extra income to invest in jobs on American soil, will that happen, who knows
When Bush did it the rich just moved their money to take advantage of the tax cuts but didn't invest in capital projects or job creation. In fact the rate at which jobs moved overseas increased dramatically.

Kingokings204

when a politician introduces something that they materially benefit from doesn't it raise even a slight concern with you?
A lot will depend on those benefiting using the extra income to invest in jobs on American soil, will that happen, who knows but surely exempting the tax on earnings abroad isn't going to encourage that is it?

A little concern but I genuinely can’t remember when a PM or POTUS hasn’t done that. He is a republican after all tbf.

All I am saying is give it a chance. I have no idea if it will work. I like the theory to it and want to see change. For a lot of poor people in America right now isn’t working either so it’s not like he is changing a winning system for these poor people is it?

clint van damme

When Bush did it the rich just moved their money to take advantage of the tax cuts but didn't invest in capital projects or job creation. In fact the rate at which jobs moved overseas increased dramatically.

not too much of a surprise that to be honest.

clint van damme

A little concern but I genuinely can’t remember when a PM or POTUS hasn’t done that. He is a republican after all tbf.

All I am saying is give it a chance. I have no idea if it will work. I like the theory to it and want to see change. For a lot of poor people in America right now isn’t working either so it’s not like he is changing a winning system for these poor people is it?

But couldn't he have given the tax breaks to American companies to help them invest in R&D, technology and training rather than give the rich tax breaks and hope it benefits everyone?

skybluetony176

I quite agree. Again as per my last post. He is trying something radical which others wouldn’t have the balls to do imo. They certainly don’t here in the UK. Critize after if he badly fails.

Badly fails? Mmmm that would depend on what he is actually trying to achieve. By that I don’t mean what he’s publicly saying he’s trying to achieve.

Surely the prudent thing would be to pay attention to those with the qualities to understand the ramifications of what you’re doing. At best he’s winging it, at worst he has an ulterior motive. Neither a good quality quality for a president of the US.

chiefdave

But couldn't he have given the tax breaks to American companies to help them invest in R&D, technology and training rather than give the rich tax breaks and hope it benefits everyone?
Exactly, if the aim is job creation you give tax breaks on things proven to create jobs.

And I think we all know who it will be that foots the bill when there is less public money. It will be austerity and 'we're all in this together'.

martcov

Again, he can’t do right for doing wrong. He is trying something voted for on a ticket. critque after by all means.

He is a con man. Believe me... as he says. He is running a family business along white, nationalistic, heterosexual, christian lines.

The USA is bigger and better than that.

His base is around 30%, but he is president for 100% of Americans.

His approval ratings are the worst ever.

I hope he, and his cronies, get led out of office in handcuffs.

martcov

Exactly, if the aim is job creation you give tax breaks on things proven to create jobs.

And I think we all know who it will be that foots the bill when there is less public money. It will be austerity and 'we're all in this together'.

Yes. Doing away with death duty helps 2 out of 1000 Americans- including the Trump family and friends.. and doesn’t help the economy.

martcov

It has been tried before and trickle down doesn’t work.

Giving more to corporations and the rich won’t help the poor whether they are doing badly now or not.

How the fxxk can you defend this daylight robbery?

martcov

Ok so you missed it. He has always stated tax reform. Hardly a big secret.

He still claims that his reforms won’t benefit him or his friends when it is in black and white that he and his friends benefit most. The end of death tax on his fortune can only benefit his family at the same time as the national debt increases. If he tells everyone they will be paying less, but in reality either they won’t be, or their benefits will be phased out over the next few years, then it is a big secret until now. The poorer have been misled. And there you are, as with Brexit, defending the indefensible. Starry eyed Brexiteer and Trumpet,

When is he releasing his tax returns as promised? Maybe that would help his Glaubwürdigkeit.

martcov

PS Steuerreform is passed. Trump and family to save a billion in the next 10 years. KoK must be happy.

Kingokings204

He is a con man. Believe me... as he says. He is running a family business along white, nationalistic, heterosexual, christian lines.

The USA is bigger and better than that.

His base is around 30%, but he is president for 100% of Americans.

His approval ratings are the worst ever.

I hope he, and his cronies, get led out of office in handcuffs.

You proved my point. Exactly what I was saying. Thanks.

No point debating so I shall leave it there. I’m sure you being a smart man you agree.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Despite Trump actually being a complete idiot, the amount of Trump derangement syndrome that seems to be floating around is staggering. This is a very delicate generation.

Agree or disagree, Trump's travel ban was pretty much only a follow on from the countries listed by Obama. When he put a halt on arrivals from these locations no one said shit, but because it is Trump people lose their minds. The double standards between him and Hillary are quite shocking too. They are both criminals, but in some people's eyes, one is an angel.

I know he was wrong to retweet shit from Britain First, but when his comments to May about the UK having a problem with extemism are met with 'hateful bigot' and 'fear monger', it's kind of ironic that a story likes this breaks around a week later: Man remanded over alleged plot to kill PM

clint van damme

Despite Trump actually being a complete idiot, the amount of Trump derangement syndrome that seems to be floating around is staggering. This is a very delicate generation.

Agree or disagree, Trump's travel ban was pretty much only a follow on from the countries listed by Obama. When he put a halt on arrivals from these locations no one said shit, but because it is Trump people lose their minds. The double standards between him and Hillary are quite shocking too. They are both criminals, but in some people's eyes, one is an angel.

I know he was wrong to retweet shit from Britain First, but when his comments to May about the UK having a problem with extemism are met with 'hateful bigot' and 'fear monger', it's kind of ironic that a story likes this breaks around a week later: Man remanded over alleged plot to kill PM

The fact there may be truth in it is irrelevant. He should never have put the leader of one of his closest allies in the position he put May. His behaviour was amateurish at best.

Johnnythespider

I'm sure very few see Clinton as an angel, she is just the lesser of 2 evils to most. Whenever Trump is cornered he simply spouts "Yeah but Clinton" and many people fall for it. He is without question a twat and a dangerous twat at that, who seems hell bent on being seen as the saviour of the West.

Otis

I'm sure very few see Clinton as an angel, she is just the lesser of 2 evils to most. Whenever Trump is cornered he simply spouts "Yeah but Clinton" and many people fall for it. He is without question a twat and a dangerous twat at that, who seems hell bent on being seen as the saviour of the West.
Yeah, can someone please point me in the direction of those who said Clinton was an angel.

Trump is a very, very dangerous man and a hotheaded one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread