Podcasts (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Any recommendations?

I've nearly caught up with Socially Distanced Sports Bar and was wondering if anyone had any other stuff to listen to.

I'm trying to get my 10,000 steps a day in and podcasts seem to be perfect for passing the time.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sam Delaney The Reset is worth a listen
Clinton Baptiste Paranormal podcasts really funny
Athletico mince and Top flight time machine

Ian1779

When we were in League 1 I listened to the D3D4 podcast which was a good listen.
This season I promotes myself to ‘the Second Tier’ podcast which I would also recommend.

chiefdave

If you like cricket Tailenders and No Balls.

Jon Richardson and the Futurenauts - you can go back and start from the beginning with those; Curious Cases of Rutherford & Fry; Wolf & Owl - if you don't like Romesh Ranganathan and / or Tom Davis then skip that one!

WTF with Marc Maron and Id1ot - both of those can be variable depending on who the guest is.

JAM See

Sorry to be needy!

Any recommendations for the best app on android to listen to podcasts?

I'm not paying for anything.

Currently using Google's own Podcasts app which seems fine. Are there better one's out there?

SlowerThanPlatt

Sorry to be needy!

Any recommendations for the best app on android to listen to podcasts?

I'm not paying for anything.

Currently using Google's own Podcasts app which seems fine. Are there better one's out there?
Castbox, they’ll try to rope you into the membership but you don’t need that

clint van damme

Gossipmongers is laugh out loud funny but won’t be for everyone.

think it lost something when they got rid of Poppy.
Remember going for my daily walks during lockdown and walking round the park pissing myself listening to it, the Uber driver and the light bulb story killed me, got some strange looks from other walkers.

LastGarrison

think it lost something when they got rid of Poppy.
Remember going for my daily walks during lockdown and walking round the park pissing myself listening to it, the Uber driver and the light bulb story killed me, got some strange looks from other walkers.
I’ve only ever heard the second series and can’t find the first anywhere to listen to.

Read loads of reviews/comments that echo what you say that it lost something when they basically kicked her out for no reason.

If anyone knows where I can listen/download I’d love to listen to it!

clint van damme

I’ve only ever heard the second series and can’t find the first anywhere to listen to.

Read loads of reviews/comments that echo what you say that it lost something when they basically kicked her out for no reason.

They took it down after they got rid of her but someone put them all on youtube though I don't know if they're all still there

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sort
Gossipmongers is laugh out loud funny but won’t be for everyone.
some of the stories were genuinely cry out laughing funny . Just a shame how it all worked out between the 3 of them

1nilandwe...

Second the recommendations for Adam Buxton and Athletico Mince.
Mince in particular is regularly hilarious.

For cricket, I like The Grade Cricketer, which is from Australia but caters to a large English audience.
I also like Sticky Notes, which is about classical music and educating you about various pieces and composers etc. It has just completed a series going through each of the Beethoven symphonies, breaking them down and explaining what makes them so brilliant. Very good for anybody who is not an expert.
And for history there is Dan Snow's History Hit and The Ancients which are both very good I'd say.

Hertsccfc

I enjoyed Louis Theroux' Grounded. These are a series of conversations with famous people and include Troy Deeney.

ccfcrob

The Offensive. Someone suggested it on here years ago and I am forever grateful. It is the best thing I have ever heard. All behind the scenes of a fictional premier league side.

Also Shagged, Married, Annoyed with Chris and Rosie Ramsey is phenomenal

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone listened to the Latest sky blues fancast ?

clint van damme

The Offensive. Someone suggested it on here years ago and I am forever grateful. It is the best thing I have ever heard. All behind the scenes of a fictional premier league side.

Also Shagged, Married, Annoyed with Chris and Rosie Ramsey is phenomenal

Gave up on the offensive, needto getback into it

SlowerThanPlatt

Not sure, have they moved? I just saw a tweet saying he was on there so thought it would be of interest. Assumed it would be on YouTube once filmed.

Now out on the Patreon (£5 a month) not on their Youtube unfortunately

lordy_87

Now out on the Patreon (£5 a month) not on their Youtube unfortunately

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread