Plymouth sack Peter Reid (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

ca502327e91481d805e00c97e0ebb0d2.jpg

Plymouth Argyle have sacked manager Peter Reid with the financially-stricken club bottom of the Football League.

Argyle, who were relegated under Reid last season, have collected just one point from their opening nine games of the League Two season.

Though their dismal financial situation has hampered Reid's efforts to secure results on the pitch, the club announced on Sunday they were sacking the former Sunderland boss.

A club statement read:

"Plymouth Argyle Football Club (In Administration) today announced that Peter Reid has left his position as manager of the football club.

"Peter joined Argyle as manager at the beginning of the 2010-11 season and inherited an unsustainable wage bill and a club that with the benefit of hindsight was in financial meltdown.

"During the last 15 months Peter has been the ultimate professional and has gone about his duties without complaining and has had to cope with more in a short period of time than most managers have to put up with in a whole career.

"Ultimately however, whatever the challenges, football is a results business and, today, Argyle sit bottom of the Football League with only one point out of 27.

"It is crucial that we give ourselves time to attempt to preserve Football League status and therefore it is felt that a change of manager now is the only option.

"Peter leaves with our unreserved thanks for his contribution in helping keep the club alive during this turbulent period and he leaves with our very best wishes for the future.

"An announcement will be made within the next 24 hours with regard to interim arrangements for the management of the first team."

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Oh No!!! I'm Gobsmacked!!! How could they sack such an intellegent man who knew so much about football - a legend at CCFC! An injustice! ...................................... :D

Paxman II

It was inevitable. have to say though for me he was the most clueless manager I have ever known. A journeyman. Doubt he will get a job again in football management. TV seems to be a route for him - luckily.

rob9872

Never liked him here, but he has shown outstanding character there especially last season. Very poor decision imo.

blueflint

shame he did loads to help his players they must feel shite now they let him down

AngryAnt

Much as i dislike the bloke for what he 'did' for our club (/sarcasm). But thats pretty tough and wouldn't want him to get the sack. Didn't know they were in league two, poor Plymouth, hope they start getting back to winning ways as this could easily happen to any club.

Users who are viewing this thread