Plymouth Ratings (1 Viewer)

Astute

Since we’ve changed formation he’s been our best option in the 9 shirt , his goal output is disappointing but he stretches the game and occupies defenders which enables our other attacking options to play . The last two games he has been a lot better and shown glimpses of the player he could be . I’m hoping next season we see the best of him cause he has the natural attributes to be a very good striker at this level , just want him to be a bit nastier and more aggressive
And don't forget his defending duties either.

We signed him as a striker so some expect him to score lots of goals. They can't see past the end of their nose.

At least the Godden v Simms debate should be over now.

Martin180

He was one of our better players, but whilst we didn't play particularly badly, the level to which we performed was a notch or two down from what we have done. That's probably slightly to do with having a side that wasn't full strength. I got the impression Simms was up for it more tonight though, so he was good value for his goal.
Just want MR to give him a run , seems very stop start with him this season

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't see how he can't after today. I'll maintain I don't think Simms has played as well as some make out in the last few weeks, but like I said, he was up for it tonight and showed a spirited performance. Godden's miss was also that bad, that I cannot see it being overlooked either.

Astute

Must be hard for Robins to give Godden a back seat after how he has helped us to get where we are and after the start of the season he had. But tonight must have proved to him it's time to let go.

harvey098

Torp played well.

Da Silvas touch is unreal and didn’t lose the ball all game including composure to get us out of some tight spots.

Obviously Goddens header was the stand out miss but his technique for the 1v1 was also just really weird. Not sure what’s happened from the start of the season where he looked so on it.

Rest average - slightly below average but to be honest a 2-2 draw down there isn’t a horrendous result. Next.

Martin180

I don't see how he can't after today. I'll maintain I don't think Simms has played as well as some make out in the last few weeks, but like I said, he was up for it tonight and showed a spirited performance. Godden's miss was also that bad, that I cannot see it being overlooked either.
Simms is one for the future , tonight looked like a curtain call for Godden

Mucca Mad Boys

He was one of our better players, but whilst we didn't play particularly badly, the level to which we performed was a notch or two down from what we have done. That's probably slightly to do with having a side that wasn't full strength. I got the impression Simms was up for it more tonight though, so he was good value for his goal.
On the wing he was more involved and for his goal he was actually put through against the keeper.

He is a player that needs to be involved. His movement waiting for deflections was good (likewise with Godden to be fair).

Tonight I’d have said Godden played quite well, first time he got some really good chances in the box…

… But he missed 2 clear chances and that’s pretty unforgivable. He can have no complaints if his minutes are reduced - still only 1 league goal since September.

olderskyblue

Torp played well.

Da Silvas touch is unreal and didn’t lose the ball all game including composure to get us out of some tight spots.

Obviously Goddens header was the stand out miss but his technique for the 1v1 was also just really weird. Not sure what’s happened from the start of the season where he looked so on it.

Rest average - slightly below average but to be honest a 2-2 draw down there isn’t a horrendous result. Next.
It’s a good result considering we gave them so many opportunities to score. Decent side could have had 5 against us tonight.

olderskyblue

We could’ve scored 5 against them also
could we?

I don’t recall them giving us that many clear chances. In fact, just the Godden one.

Mucca Mad Boys

could we?

I don’t recall them giving us that many clear chances. In fact, just the Godden one.
The second Godden chance and Simms’ 1v1.

Plymouth didn’t have too many clear cut chances themselves - their second goal was a deflection and I’m not 100% convinced it was a shot - it probably was, I’m just not certain of that.

The watchmaker

Simms was far from shite tonight , he gave away some silly fouls and some that weren’t fouls but he was good tonight
I thought he was comfortably out best player tonight. Was a bit confused when I turned on the radio to hear some fans thought this was a performance worth moaning about. Worked hard, scored. Solid 7/8.

I didn't think Torp had a great game today in the round (acknowledging his two assists) but it does strike me that he might be the one player we have that is really looking for the kind of runs Simms makes.

olderskyblue

our 2nd was a deflection too.

I only recall Godden having one clear cut chance. Have to watch the highlights

Perryccfc

Mate, go support Man City or something. jfc
Fucking hell sorry for having an opinion. I’m usually pretty defensive of us and score players above what most do. Tonight I thought we were abject and I thought they were there for the taking. I’ll give them all 8’s instead to keep you happy.

Perryccfc

View attachment 34064

If these stats, the missed chances, the deflection on their second, and Plymouth having scored more goals at home than everyone apart from Southampton, adds up to 'abject' in your mind, that confuses me.
You’re almost proving my point as much as your own with that photo. But let’s agree to disagree and move on with our lives.

mmttww

You’re almost proving my point as much as your own with that photo. But let’s agree to disagree and move on with our lives.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Friends GIF

skyblue_55

Just got in & another good performance considering.
Ref ….. did he give us anything & the “ fouls “ that Simms apparently did , eventually getting a booking for , were powder puff things .
Godden ….. well it’s the end of his skyblue career , but that miss tonight ….shocking !
Everyone bar Godden should get 6.5 to 7’s
as they tried hard , in atrocious conditions, without our talisman & we’re back into the top 6 👍

Como

Torp MoM

Simms well he is so close to being really good.

I thought they could have been taken but we were far to defensive in our initial approach.

Missed Callum.

Astute

It’s a good result considering we gave them so many opportunities to score. Decent side could have had 5 against us tonight.
Really?

It's how Plymouth play. My son in law to be is a Plymouth supporter. I've seen a few of their games this season. When we made our pre game predictions I said there would be goals for both sides and that Whittaker would be a handful. They made our defence look very average. But that's what they do. But they're not that good at the back.

You could say a good side might have got 5 against them. We certainly had our chances. We kept them to 4 shots on target and their second goal was a massive deflection.

I said before the game I would be happy with a point. I'm still happy with a point. That's another one of our harder games out if the way and still in the top 6.

Flying Fokker

Collins 6 good distribution
Milan 4 just let’s winger run past him, unambitious going forward, casual sloppy
Bidwell 4
Thomas 4 off night
Kitching 5 shaky
Torp 8 quality
Lati 4 good pro but hopeless
Simms 5 not my cup of tea, we passed up Whittaker for this
Jds 6 thought he was ok
palmer 5 effort in patches frustrates
Godden 3 2nd chance was like he missed it on purpose, sulking body language horrendous
You’re missing the. Robins Out line.

fernandopartridge

Torp played well.

He was off balance for the 1:1 after he'd done a mini arc on his run. Such a lack of composure definitely a sign of a lack of confidence, made worse by the first half miss.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

harvey098

He was off balance for the 1:1 after he'd done a mini arc on his run. Such a lack of composure definitely a sign of a lack of confidence, made worse by the first half miss.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah fair comment. I was so desperate for him to score after the header as well 😫

Offhegoes

I thought we did OK last night.
Should of been 1, maybe 2 goals up by half time. We were disappointing 2nd half, but still equalized twice.
City teams of the past (when in the Championship) would of rolled over and lost that game.
For me, we haven't played well for the last 6 games since the Leicester win, but have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 in those fixtures.

Levship20

I thought we did OK last night.
Should of been 1, maybe 2 goals up by half time. We were disappointing 2nd half, but still equalized twice.
City teams of the past (when in the Championship) would of rolled over and lost that game.
For me, we haven't played well for the last 6 games since the Leicester win, but have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 in those fixtures.
Had we have continued where we left off in the first half, I think we could have won it. Thought we passed the ball well 1st but then started giving it away and making silly errors in the 2nd half. Plymouth are not a bad side and I for one thought we might struggle to get anything down there, especially with their home form.
If asked before the game, what would you take (points) for Plymouth & Stoke, I would be delighted if we got 4, so come on City!
Well done to all that travelled last night 👍 #PUSB

torchomatic

Godden's miss was pretty breathtaking. They did have a lot of replays on their big screen, which was useful.

Thought most of the team were off the pace. Poor games for the majority. Thought Lati was fine. Simms had a good game and was pleased he got his goal. Torp was good and his free kick at the end was really clever and made the shit journey a little more worthwhile.

Milan was poor as was Bidwell. Eccles was poor too when he came on, misplacing basically every pass.

One of those games where we were poor but got something from the game.

Last edited:

Joy Division

Collins 6
MVE 4
Thomas 4
Kitching 6
Bidwell 5
Lati 6
Torp 7
Simms 7
Palmer 5
Dasilva 6
Godden 3

Robinshio

keeping Godden and Tavares as our 2 back up strikers was an horrendous decision . We are left with Haji - but we know he is best out wide, and then a confidence drained Simms - without any back up
We desperately need 2 new strikers in the summer

If whittaker and godden had swapped sides yesterday, we would have been comfortable winners

Users who are viewing this thread