Plymouth Ratings (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

There are some harsh ratings at the start of this thread!

Anyway, ? for Bidwell and ? for DaSilva first half doesn't help with popping ratings on, anybody who ventured out to our left got lost in a haze of murky camerawork.

Simms dials everything up to 11 with his finishing doesn't he - not much in the way of subtlety, just blast it!

Torp does look surprisingly good surprisingly quickly.

Winny the Bish

Collins - 6 - Was fine. Neither of the goals his fault.

MVE - 3 - worst game in a City shirt. Got done multiple times and didn’t provide much going forward. Clearly needs a rest.

Thomas - 4 - Also had a very rough game.

Kitching - 6 - Clearly Our best CB.

Bidwell - 6 - Solid as always.

Lati - 6 - Meh. Not great, not poor.

Torp - 8 - Stunning assist for the 1st. Class midfielder and another gem found by the scouts.

Palmer - 7 - I really like him. Always trying a killer ball which I like. Would rather our attackers try that than play it safe.

JDS - 6.5 - Decent performance.

Simms - 8 - Very strong game for him. Can clearly see him improving. He makes that run for the goal 5-6 times a game but never gets found. Did today and took the chance.

Godden - 3 - Worst miss I’ve ever seen by a City striker. Anonymous at all other times.

Last edited:

Martin180

This is in no way a “ recall Jack Burroughs “ post but I think in recent games we’ve seen the positives in having proper competition in the left back position. Bidwell was instrumental in our turn around pre Xmas but started to fade a few games back , DaSilva has come in and despite some clowns on here saying he isn’t championship standard has performed well .
It showed up how much we miss a back up right back in the last two games cause MvE is flagging and needs a rest . Hopefully Lati gets a run out Saturday and MvE can come back close to where he was .

Its a very demanding league and we have a lot of relative novices who are improving and performing well but , like tonight , we need to manage fitness levels to get through this run of back to back games

Jarvo87

Collins, 7.5 - Not much he could do with either goal. Some good blocks, and distribution up on Sunday

MVE, 5 - looked fatigued
Thomas, 5.5 - inconsistent and one of those at fault for their first
Kitching, 6.5 - solid enough for first game back
Bidwell, 6.5 - similar to Kitching and solid enough

Torp, 7.5 - still finding his feet in some respects but great ball to Simms and overall played well
Lati, 7 - prefer not to see him in that midfield role but did well for 60 mins and then got a bit lost

Palmer, 6.5 - not everything came off but he battled on
JDS, 7.5 - thought he did well in both roles he was asked to perform tonight
Simms, 7 - similar to JDS. Got more into the game as it wore on. Needed the goal and pleased for him
Godden, 3 - oh dear. Not his night. Feel sorry for him but we are not going to progress if we persist

Neither Saka or Eccles effected the game, Eccles well off, both 4’s. Wright better, 5.5

Robbins. Rested 4 key players. Got the draw we would have taken at the start of the game. He’s going to be happy enough. Point gained, move on.

SleepyGinger

Torp 6.5 after 2 assists but Palmer higher because he "looked likely"

Wind up?
Yeah fair enough kind of lost track what scores I was giving and focusing more on the summary.

Torp got caught in possession a couple of times and looked tired towards the end but the assist for Simms and a couple of other passes (one to godden which he put straight at the keeper) were top draw.

Otis

I thought we looked in control for long periods. Two poor goals to give away.

I thought everyone was okay apart from Godden, MVE and Thomas.

Have to be happy with a point from being 2-1 down and the clock ticking away .

stupot07

Collins 7
MVE 4
Thomas 4
Kitching 6
Bidwell 5
Lati 6
Torp 7
Simms 7
Palmer 5
Dasilva 6
Godden 3

Subs

Saka 5
Wright 6
Eccles 5

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Collins - 6 - Was fine. Neither of the goals his fault.

MVE - 3 - worst game in a City shirt. Got done multiple times and didn’t provide much going forward. Clearly needs a rest.

Collins - 4 - Also had a very rough game.

Kitching - 6 - Clearly Our best CB.

Bidwell - 6 - Solid as always.

Lati - 6 - Meh. Not great, not poor.

Torp - 8 - Stunning assist for the 1st. Class midfielder and another gem found by the scouts.

Palmer - 7 - I really like him. Always trying a killer ball which I like. Would rather our attackers try that than play it safe.

JDS - 6.5 - Decent performance.

Simms - 8 - Very strong game for him. Can clearly see him improving. He makes that run for the goal 5-6 times a game but never gets found. Did today and took the chance.

Godden - 3 - Worst miss I’ve ever seen by a City striker. Anonymous at all other times.
Didn't realise we were playing sweeper keeper ;)

covcity4life

Collins 6
Bidwell 6
Kitching 6
Thomas 5
Mve 5
Torp 7
Lati 6
Palmer 6
jDS 7
Simms 7
Godden 5

Saka 6
Wright 6
Eccles 6

Maybe that's a bit harsh I dunno but don't think anyone was outstanding tonight to deserve higher than a 7

edgy

Struggling to give anyone higher than a 6 tonight.

So very rose tinted scores. Regardless of Plymouths previous record they were shite and we weren't any better.

Lucky point.

Astute

The mist 1 Sometimes I didn't know what side a player was on let alone knowing which player it was.

Maybe that's why some thought Simms was good whilst others thought he was shite.

shmmeee

The mist 1 Sometimes I didn't know what side a player was on let alone knowing which player it was.

Maybe that's why some thought Simms was good whilst others thought he was shite.

Gebuinely whole periods where I had no idea where the ball was.

Astute

Struggling to give anyone higher than a 6 tonight.

So very rose tinted scores. Regardless of Plymouths previous record they were shite and we weren't any better.

Lucky point.
They're not good as good sides go but they're good at going forward. And with Whittaker anything can happen. That's why they score lots but also concede lots.

Martin180

Simms was far from shite tonight , he gave away some silly fouls and some that weren’t fouls but he was good tonight

Astute

Simms was far from shite tonight , he gave away some silly fouls and some that weren’t fouls but he was good tonight
Look back. I got into some silly arguments because some were calling him shite and trying to blame him for everything. You would think some were watching their first ever game of football.

steve101

This is in no way a “ recall Jack Burroughs “ post but I think in recent games we’ve seen the positives in having proper competition in the left back position. Bidwell was instrumental in our turn around pre Xmas but started to fade a few games back , DaSilva has come in and despite some clowns on here saying he isn’t championship standard has performed well .
It showed up how much we miss a back up right back in the last two games cause MvE is flagging and needs a rest . Hopefully Lati gets a run out Saturday and MvE can come back close to where he was .

Its a very demanding league and we have a lot of relative novices who are improving and performing well but , like tonight , we need to manage fitness levels to get through this run of back to back games
Robins is very reluctant to use youth players. They are not going to be near the same level but if a very good player is not playing well and looks out on his feet, I wish he would bring on some youth for last 10.

Martin180

Look back. I got into some silly arguments because some were calling him shite and trying to blame him for everything. You would think some were watching their first ever game of football.
Since we’ve changed formation he’s been our best option in the 9 shirt , his goal output is disappointing but he stretches the game and occupies defenders which enables our other attacking options to play . The last two games he has been a lot better and shown glimpses of the player he could be . I’m hoping next season we see the best of him cause he has the natural attributes to be a very good striker at this level , just want him to be a bit nastier and more aggressive

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He was one of our better players, but whilst we didn't play particularly badly, the level to which we performed was a notch or two down from what we have done. That's probably slightly to do with having a side that wasn't full strength. I got the impression Simms was up for it more tonight though, so he was good value for his goal.

Users who are viewing this thread