Match Thread Plymouth Argyle vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Jan (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Enobakhare (just clattered) seems to be linking play well.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The ball came to him at waist height with 4 plymouth players and a goalkeeper in front of him. If you're infuriated byy this performance you should go walk the dog.

You constantly defend Chaplin on every single occasion.

Even when he was through on goal you were the first to jump in and try to make excuses.

Last quote was that we'd had 76% possession, it is therefore understandable to be frustrated with our lack of ability to put the ball away. Especially as it is the same most weeks with us not taking our chances.

Nick

Administrator
Bright with a good run and pass out to Hiwula.

Hiwila steps over and gets a shot off to the far post, saved then cleared.

Nick

Administrator
Awful attempt at a pass from Chaplin then. Either shoot or make sure you get it to one of our players.

Sky Blue Pete

Even when he was through on goal you were the first to jump in and try to make excuses.

Last quote was that we'd had 76% possession, it is therefore understandable to be frustrated with our lack of ability to put the ball away. Especially as it is the same most weeks with us not taking our chances.
It’s important to be balanced and evidential otherwise it’s just prejudice otherwise

Nick

Administrator
McCallum warming up now Davies doesn't look good at the minute.

I hope he is just trying to get out of being booked.

Sky Blue Harry H

Do wonder how 'fit' Tom Davies is ? Grimmer to move inside, or Kelly to drop back?

Esoterica

Constantly defend him on every single occasion? Any other example? You're doing what Grendel always does - just sitting on the match thread reinforcing your own confirmation bias and it wrecks the match thread because it's nothing like what is actually unfolding - a young team playing creative exciting football who with a bit more luck would be a goal or 2 up away from home.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hyam gets wiped out with a late tackle.

Not a single one of our players goes over.

You do think we should be a bit cuter in trying to ;pressure' the ref 'top of the fair play league gets you nothing!'

steve82

Liam Kelly’s first return to home park since his 6 match ban.

Keep him away from the ball boys safely in the middle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Game is completely different now, not really stringing any passes together now. Can't keep possession.

We are letting them at us more.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Constantly defend him on every single occasion? Any other example? You're doing what Grendel always does - just sitting on the match thread reinforcing your own confirmation bias and it wrecks the match thread because it's nothing like what is actually unfolding - a young team playing creative exciting football who with a bit more luck would be a goal or 2 up away from home.

Yes, the other example being when he took an extra touch in the box when he should have hit it and you come in saying he was mobbed by defenders and it wasn't his fault.

It's every single week you defend him.

I don't have any bias. If someone does something good I applaud it, if something does something bad, I am also aloud to comment on it. It's nothing like Grendel, and if you don't like someone ridiculing your favourite player then I suggest you just read on.

We're playing well, but as is quite regular at the moment, we cannot put the ball in the net.

Esoterica

Danger for us is that our back 4 is very slow - none of Grimmer, Davies, Hyam are quick, so we can't afford to give away cheap possession and get caught on the break.

Users who are viewing this thread