Match Thread Plymouth Argyle vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Jan (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Used to work with a woman from Plymouth in Cov and another woman who was of Cornish descent. They both had their respective flags on the desk (iirc Cornish is black with a white cross and Devon the Plymouth Argyle colours)

I think their flags should be split into three horizontal sections.

Devon - brown on bottom, white in the middle, red on top
Cornwall - brown on bottom, red in middle, white on top.

SkyBlueCRJ

Just had a quick browse of their player stats and saw Freddie Ladapo has been scoring for fun. Remember him in our home fixture with Plymouth, caused all sorts of problems for our defence. Definitely one to watch along with Lamerias.

no_loyalty

Looking forward to my 4 mile round trip. Hope to see a few city fans in the Britannia before the game

Which is the closest Wetherspoons to Plymouth station Bazza?

bazza16

Which is the closest Wetherspoons to Plymouth station Bazza?
You’ve got 3 weatherspoons about the same distance from the station You’ve got the union rooms which is the other side of town, the mannamead in mutely or the Britannia inn which is just across the road from the ground.
The Britannia is about 15/20 minutes walk from the station or a short taxi drive. Come out the station, turn right (away from the city centre) straight on at the roundabout. The Britannia is on the corner of the 2nd roundabout you come to, with the ground on your right, behind the life centre

fernandopartridge

You’ve got 3 weatherspoons about the same distance from the station You’ve got the union rooms which is the other side of town, the mannamead in mutely or the Britannia inn which is just across the road from the ground.
The Britannia is about 15/20 minutes walk from the station or a short taxi drive. Come out the station, turn right (away from the city centre) straight on at the roundabout. The Britannia is on the corner of the 2nd roundabout you come to, with the ground on your right, behind the life centre
Any other pubs worth going that aren't Spoons?

Ricketts

It's OK, I've gone off the boil now.

Actually a few of the younger posters might not even know about the whistle.

no_loyalty

2-1 City win with JCH and Thomas getting the goals, drop Hiwula or Chaplin.

Liquid Gold

I had a dream a defender scored and their goalkeeper got sent off. Get your money on. Also it was played at Wembley too so make sure your travel plans are flexible.

mark82

Fact: Cornwall has it's own EU 'Embassy' in Brussels.

They've applied to have one. Cornwall is funny, they get large amounts of funding from the EU and it was due to go up significantly from 2020 yet they voted to leave. They then complained about losing funding. Hilarious. Turkey's voting for Christmas.

Nick

Administrator
We could do with an early goal to settle the nerves.

Need to go out fast and press them into mistakes

Users who are viewing this thread