Playing in our city (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

Now we’re up I hope that all stops are pulled so we can get back in our City and play football .
Wasps , Sisu and the Council need to have their heads banged together and sort this out .Lock the door behind them until a resolution is agreed .
This could be the start of something special with Robins at the helm . PUSB

chiefdave

Only one head needs banging m8. This is on Wasps
Given that the Telegraphs rugby reporter, whose articles read like Wasps press releases, and prominent Wasps blogs all simultaneously released articles saying we should go back it would be fair to suspect that Wasps think getting us back will help plug a hole in their finances.

They can easily do a u-turn without losing face, we'd all know its BS but they just have to give it some rubbish about coronavirus making them rethink.

Question is will they offer an acceptable deal.

Covcraig@bury

Totally agree with the glass but most would just stamp on the pesky f##ker.
On the other side I know we could play hard ball to their demands . Eventually they will break and offer us a reasonable deal . They need the money to survive as much as we do .
Our own ground would be the ideal scenario but that’s just a pipe dream at the moment.

Liquid Gold

Totally agree with the glass but most would just stamp on the pesky f##ker.
On the other side I know we could play hard ball to their demands . Eventually they will break and offer us a reasonable deal . They need the money to survive as much as we do .
Our own ground would be the ideal scenario but that’s just a pipe dream at the moment.
Nah can't stamp on them we need the stadium. Sorry mate, I'm just one step ahead.

Gazolba

Financially, it would make sense to get back to the Ricoh.
The Birmingham pitch is likely to be a better surface though.

Warwickhunt

wherever we will be playing if there is no vacine we will all be playing to restricted gates probably a 3rd of the stadium capacity to enable adequate social distancing and would all be season tickets i would think? need to be price increased to cover the shortfall on revenue. Personally I would buy one!

Great_Expectations

Coventry is the right place to be playing next year, and I’d say we have even more clout in negotiations now.

But I’d seriously worry about the pitch, I’m sure that’ll be a big factor in negotiations, at least from a footballing perspective.

If it’s Birmingham again, then so be it.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Now we’re up I hope that all stops are pulled so we can get back in our City and play football .
Wasps , Sisu and the Council need to have their heads banged together and sort this out .Lock the door behind them until a resolution is agreed .
This could be the start of something special with Robins at the helm . PUSB

Totally agree.
Need to get football back at Gigg Lane too Craig.
Whitefield Sky Blues!

ccfcway

I just don’t get why wasps will be begging us to go back. Getting to the prem I get, but is being a lower league championship club really enough to ignore the court cases against them ?. Would love to be wrong but just can’t see it..

cant see anything other than St. Andrews next year. Great pitch for us to play on at least...

Nick

Administrator
I just don’t get why wasps will be begging us to go back. Getting to the prem I get, but is being a lower league championship club really enough to ignore the court cases against you ?

cant see anything other than St. Andrews next year. Great pitch for us to play on at least...

There aren't any court cases against them.

SeaSeeEffCee

Depends how much of next season is going to be behind closed doors. No rush to get back if no-one is going to be able to go to games anyway.

ccfcway

Coventry is the right place to be playing next year, and I’d say we have even more clout in negotiations now.

But I’d seriously worry about the pitch, I’m sure that’ll be a big factor in negotiations, at least from a footballing perspective.

If it’s Birmingham again, then so be it.

Don’t disagree, but crazy isn’t it. Acceptance of being outside of the city.

ccfcway

Depends how much of next season is going to be behind closed doors. No rush to get back if no-one is going to be able to go to games anyway.

agreed. Also no rush to get back if fans will only go to the first game back and then drop off ?

Grendel

which is surely the best outcome for ccfc ? Without that, we are “as you were”

Good to see you right back on form

Nick

Administrator
Can’t wait, St. Andrews works on no level apart from a better pitch and that’s not acceptable to leave our city
From what you keep saying you need to learn about why we left the city this time.

Get on the wasps forum and preach to them.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I just don’t get why wasps will be begging us to go back. Getting to the prem I get, but is being a lower league championship club really enough to ignore the court cases against them ?. Would love to be wrong but just can’t see it..

The championship is the 4th most watched league in the world. They need a stadium sponsor.

currently their stadium is trending on twitter, it is not down to them - it’s trending because of us. In their current financial situation If you can’t see why they need us back you really haven’t got a clue.

there is an acceptance for being out of the city, because wasps currently see us as a cash cow to leech off.

Users who are viewing this thread