Playing Devil's Advocate (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Firstly, let me make it clear that I want SISU out.. they have misjudged and mismanaged CCFC and hadn't a clue about running a football club when they took us over. they stll haven't. HOWEVER:

If CCFC had not sold it's star players to cover outgoings, CCFC would not be here today. SISU is a Hedge Fund and simply cannot invest money investors have trusted them with to purchase new players. They have no money to invest as it is not theirs.

So, SISU had no option to let CCFC sell it's players and high wage earners in order to survive.

What's going on with ACL/Trust and CCFC ? I am sure that SISU knows exactly how to handle this situation and will do as the Court instructs and keep the Escrow Account topped up to £500,000. ACL cannot touch this money so ACL is really over a barrel. The only way forward for ACL is to re-negotiate the rent to ensure that they receive income.

I stress again, I want SISU out, but CCFC is still here due to SISU's tactics.

smileycov

Facebook User
Not sure what your point is here? They have put us in this mess, sold to keep us there but there tactics are good? Bizzare

AlexJohnson93

I know people won't agree with me, but what SISU are doing is good for the club in the long term. And the reason they get so much stick is because the average fan only cares about short term success. The club needs to lower the wage budget in these difficult times, otherwise there may not be a club for much longer.

TheRoyalScam

Why did SISU take us over? To make money for their investors.

Like most hedge funds they bought cheap, and looked to turn us around quickly by promotion (and also the possibility of buying part/all of the Ricoh). They had a business plan which was to build up a young progressive squad by investing money in 2 or 3 quality players in each transfer window.

As soon as Danny Fox and Scott Dann were sold alarm bells started ringing for me. The rest has been a downward spiral, culminating in:

1) relegation (inevitable with last season's 'squad')
2) a failure to pay ACL rent (despite apparently having funds to buy out the Higgs 50% stake in ACL)
3) a continuing lack of open communication with the fans resulting in a growing mistrust and malaise towards the owners

I maintain that administration after the Richardson/McGinnity/Robinson debacle would have been better for all concerned.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not sure how over a barrel ACL are to be honest VoR. SISU top up the escrow account then if they default on the rent .... ACL draw against the escrow account...... so ACl at least have a big chunk of the money.

Where there is a problem is what happens if CCFC do not top up as instructed by the court ............... nothing for ACL to draw against and they have to escalate things............

Is it wrong to try get a lower cost base and a viable business .....NO However SISU are also building in additional on going costs whilst not paying rents, slashing wages etc ......... they havent addressed the problems before (the problems are not new) plenty of people were telling them what was needed .... and they havent addressed it fully now...... There is a lot more going on here than we are being told imo

skyblueman

Why did SISU take us over? To make money for their investors.

Like most hedge funds they bought cheap, and looked to turn us around quickly by promotion (and also the possibility of buying part/all of the Ricoh). They had a business plan which was to build up a young progressive squad by investing money in 2 or 3 quality players in each transfer window.

As soon as Danny Fox and Scott Dann were sold alarm bells started ringing for me. The rest has been a downward spiral, culminating in:

1) relegation (inevitable with last season's 'squad')
2) a failure to pay ACL rent (despite apparently having funds to buy out the Higgs 50% stake in ACL)
3) a continuing lack of open communication with the fans resulting in a growing mistrust and malaise towards the owners

I maintain that administration after the Richardson/McGinnity/Robinson debacle would have been better for all concerned.

Sadly I have to agree with you here - the club is still suffering long term affects from the initial (pre-SISU) spending spree and resultant financial disaster - SISU still have a huge chunk of that debt which is still owed by CCFC to them - they will want this back
eventually one way or another - administration is the only was to lose that millstone

coundonskyblue

Firstly, let me make it clear that I want SISU out.. they have misjudged and mismanaged CCFC and hadn't a clue about running a football club when they took us over. they stll haven't.

What's going on with ACL/Trust and CCFC ? I am sure that SISU knows exactly how to handle this situation and will do as the Court instructs and keep the Escrow Account topped up to £500,000. ACL cannot touch this money so ACL is really over a barrel. The only way forward for ACL is to re-negotiate the rent to ensure that they receive income.

Is this not a contradiction?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Firstly, let me make it clear that I want SISU out.. they have misjudged and mismanaged CCFC and hadn't a clue about running a football club when they took us over. they stll haven't. HOWEVER:

If CCFC had not sold it's star players to cover outgoings, CCFC would not be here today. SISU is a Hedge Fund and simply cannot invest money investors have trusted them with to purchase new players. They have no money to invest as it is not theirs.

So, SISU had no option to let CCFC sell it's players and high wage earners in order to survive.

I stress again, I want SISU out, but CCFC is still here due to SISU's tactics.

Probably not the time or the place but I've always wanted to ask if that was you in your avatar picture?

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't see ACL over a barrel, I see a football club doing it's best to self-destruct on the verge of a massive season. So much for "getting back to talking about football", then.

SkyBlueUkeman

I agree. SISU are utter shites, but the guys running the club before SISU have all made massive profits from the downfall of this club. Some of the stuff that has gone on at this club is tantamount to fraud of the highest calibre.

Users who are viewing this thread