Players who always play well against us (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

Our top 100 players of all time got me thinking , players who always seem to play well against us , but not necessarily the greatest players.

Always seems to remember Paddy Kenny and Michael Mcindoe having blinders against us when ever they played us.

torchomatic

Terry_dactyl

Cup winning season. We were immense at home. West Ham had a hangover season having finished 3rd in 86 and were flirting with relegation. Inevitably they tonked us 1-3 at Highfield Rd with Cottee getting a hatrick...
My second game!
Mckavenie was pretty good that day. The old man, unusually for us, wanted to leave early so I missed seeing my first city goal. A penalty I believe?

Esoterica

Shearer 17, Rush and Cottee 14, Yorke 12 and Cole 10 are the record scorers against us I think. Remembering reading a Jim Brown article on it. Seem to remember Sheringham and Mick Harford had both scored against us for 5 different clubs too.

Hertsccfc

Josh Bowler.

Ian Dowie. Never seemed to play well against anyone else. Remember he had gone through a massive run of games not scoring but when we came along...

SkyBlueSoul

Shearer 17, Rush and Cottee 14, Yorke 12 and Cole 10 are the record scorers against us I think. Remembering reading a Jim Brown article on it. Seem to remember Sheringham and Mick Harford had both scored against us for 5 different clubs too.
Remember Sheringham playing against us for Colchester(?) at the Ricoh. Was definitely past it by then, got a red card late on for elbowing someone in the face IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread