Players we've lost (1 Viewer)

coop

Freddie Eastwood (Southend in the play offs)
James McPake (Hibs Scottish Cup Final)
Rod (Hibs Scottish Cup Final)
Ben Turner (Cardiff Cup Final and prob playoffs)
Gunnarson (Cardiff Cup Final and prob playoffs)
Marlon King (Birmingham Europa League playoffs)
Westwood(Sunderland bench but good performances)
Doyle (Sheffield Utd promotion or playoffs)
Juke(Middleborough maybe playoffs)
I'm not saying that all of these could of helped ie ROD etc but they have moved on due to lack off ambition from SISU and have all got something left to play for.I no we can say it about most of our players that have gone but it could of been different if SISU stumped up the money.If any no of anymore please add them on

SkyBlueUkeman

I really hope ROD and McPake do come back next season. hey weren't completely match fit last seson but they have looked good since they have had a few more games under their belts. Could be good n League 1.

(and if you say 'Oh, but the SPL is a mickey mouse league', then I invite you to fuck off.)

My view.

Didn't matter...

James McPake (Hibs Scottish Cup Final) On the fence on this one.

Did matter...

So 6 out of then IMO would have made a big difference to us. :facepalm:

ccfcway

Charlton 4-1 Coventry

Elated Coventry escaped relegation to League One by a point despite a heavy defeat against Charlton at The Valley.

Coventry: Schmeichel, Osbourne, Ward, Dann, Fox, Mifsud, Doyle, Michael Hughes, Stephen Hughes, Tabb, Best.

madness, talk about under achieve !!

rob9872

James McPake (Hibs Scottish Cup Final)
I'm not saying that all of these could of helped ie ROD etc but they have moved on due to lack off ambition from SISU and have all got something left to play for.I no we can say it about most of our players that have gone but it could of been different if SISU stumped up the money.If any no of anymore please add them on

Add Tabb, Grandison, Fox, Dann .. I guess you could even go Bellamy Whittinghmam and Sturridge having successful seasons too, but can't really blame SISU for those. Even Chris Birchall won the MLS last season :)

ccfcway

just a club used to losing....how many seasons in the past 40 years have we won more than we have lost ?

rob9872

You'll see him tomorrow!

Nonleagueherewecome

Add Tabb, Grandison, Fox, Dann .. I guess you could even go Bellamy Whittinghmam and Sturridge having successful seasons too, but can't really blame SISU for those. Even Chris Birchall won the MLS last season :)

Tom Bates is in the Playoffs with Beduff, whilst Neil Collett and Mark Noon are likewise with Nuneaton (probably).

rob9872

*sorry that was to the Danny Fox comment, missed the one in between

Nonleagueherewecome

You'll see him tomorrow!

I quite like it as a comment on the Everyman Sky Blue Fan: nothing but failure and pain, nothing to play for in the last game of a season of relegation, but don't worry, he still can't stay away-you'll see him tomorrow! :laugh:

Nonleagueherewecome

well, we wont be resigning them, we wouldnt sign players that didnt even impact our reserves

oh, apart from Roy O'Donovan :whistle:

Oh I know, just stretching Rob's point about how all our ex-players have done better than we have this year...aside from Kevin Kyle.

And we might draw them in the FA Cup, you never know! We're probably making a big deal of the Senior Cup these days, too..

ccfcway

we havent got players eligable for the "senior" cup...

most of our squad is less than 20 years old now

Nonleagueherewecome

we havent got players eligable for the "senior" cup...

most of our squad is less than 20 years old now

It's not "senior" as in age-I mean the Birmingham Senior Cup! It's called that because it means the senior clubs of the greater county, like us, the Brum clubs...and Atherstone. We usually field the kids and go out early to someone like Leamington or Rugby, but I don't know if we've entered in the past few years. Not if it costs money..

rob9872

Or the Johnsons Paint trophy........:facepalm:

I bet you won't be using that facepalm if we get a day out at Wembley for it :)

rob9872

The next generation will have their heroes too in Bell, Baker and Deegan :(

ccfcway

we will NOT get anywherr near that final, and we should be forgetting that straight away !!

I remember reading a "the johnsons paint trophy final this season will be a sheffield derby"

well, not quite !

Users who are viewing this thread