players views (1 Viewer)

wellerfan

When hearing Carl Bakers interviews, he often praises the away support but I don't remember him praising the sixfield fans.

I wonder what the players think of the fans. Are they grateful for the supporters at Northampton, or do they think that the situation is not helped by them going?

Has anyone spoken to any player on the subject?

Would be interesting to know their views.

ccfc92

agreed, but it's highly unlikely they would say.

the only players to ask would be those who have gone, Leon etc....

chiefdave

Elvis and the players aren't going to come out and have a go at SISU and the whole situation but in my opinion they have made it very clear they don't agree with it and want to be at the Ricoh.

PVA

I'm sure every player in the country would rather play in a new stadium, with nicer facilities, nicer changing rooms and of course a nicer pitch.

ajsccfc

I be surprised if they'd blame the people who go to support them anywhere, no matter how much people would love them to.

jesus-wept

They don't like it, but it's their job and have to get on with it. Our in different form at home says all to me.

mark82

I be surprised if they'd blame the people who go to support them anywhere, no matter how much people would love them to.

Exactly. They will be grateful for the few that go to Sixfields being there for sure. Expect they completely understand the boycott too.

Samo

When hearing Carl Bakers interviews, he often praises the away support but I don't remember him praising the sixfield fans.

I wonder what the players think of the fans. Are they grateful for the supporters at Northampton, or do they think that the situation is not helped by them going?

He probably hasnt noticed them

chiefdave

It also must have an impact on signing players. I know people will go wherever they are being paid but if you had an option of playing at an empty Sixfields or pretty much anywhere else you'd probably go elsewhere.

asb

I would prefer it if they just kept out of the off field issues and concentrated on the matches, be it in front of 2 people and a dog or 30000+

That is what Pressley appears to be trying to get from the players. I don't think they will comment, which is why I don't believe the stadium forums suggestion that the players were unhappy at the Ricoh.

Spionkop

If you think playing at Sixfields is bad this season, next season will be a total disaster. FFP - We'll lose players because they will be enticed elsewhere.
Sisu will sell players to prop up their shortfall. They exist to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. The fate of Franck Moussa or Conor Thomas is of no concern to them. Only on their balance sheet.
If a reformed CCFC isn't in place at the Ricoh next season, in whatever level of the pyramid, then us fans have missed out badly. As a strategy against Sisu it is the perfect riposte.
Michael Orton's petition is laudable but long term and the guarantee of success is not good. Another year will have gone by.
You won't be able to move for tumbleweed on this forum. The interest level will have evaporated.
Fighting fire with fire is the best option. If Sisu see a team in position at the Ricoh it'll really help them focus and rethink.
There seems to be a slight change in mood about a phoenix team, not enough for a revolution. But if a few brave souls go for it - as a strategy I stress - others will follow.
What's the alternative - years of JRs, embargos, administrations, court hearing, lies from Sisu?

Grendel

If you think playing at Sixfields is bad this season, next season will be a total disaster. FFP - We'll lose players because they will be enticed elsewhere.
Sisu will sell players to prop up their shortfall. They exist to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. The fate of Franck Moussa or Conor Thomas is of no concern to them. Only on their balance sheet.
If a reformed CCFC isn't in place at the Ricoh next season, in whatever level of the pyramid, then us fans have missed out badly. As a strategy against Sisu it is the perfect riposte.
Michael Orton's petition is laudable but long term and the guarantee of success is not good. Another year will have gone by.
You won't be able to move for tumbleweed on this forum. The interest level will have evaporated.
Fighting fire with fire is the best option. If Sisu see a team in position at the Ricoh it'll really help them focus and rethink.
There seems to be a slight change in mood about a phoenix team, not enough for a revolution. But if a few brave souls go for it - as a strategy I stress - others will follow.
What's the alternative - years of JRs, embargos, administrations, court hearing, lies from Sisu?

More lies, more council trolling.

covmark

You keep banging on about a phoenix club, go and start one then. See how much you can rent the Ricoh for.

Grendel

Which bit? Are you saying we are somehow exempt from FFP regulations (or whatever it is actually called in L1) and therefore massively decreased revenues won't have any impact?

There is no evidence what criteria FPP rules will be applied to the club and even if the most stringent were no players will have to be sold.

italiahorse

There is no evidence what criteria FPP rules will be applied to the club and even if the most stringent were no players will have to be sold.

It's 60% of turnover. Based on this season and reviewed ongoing next season.
If you go over it's a transfer embargo ???? Familiar ?

torchomatic

What an odd thing to say, why would he hold it against the fans at Sixfields? Is it them who moved the club away from the Ricoh? IF they are not grateful to the fans either home or away then I hope they fuck off and get fans at another club to pay their inflated wages.

HAs Carl Baker or any other player actually said "I blame the fans at Sixfields" or "our support is great, apart from those wankers at Sixfields"?

torchomatic

Which is understandable, but is totally different from what the OP was alluding to.

Elvis and the players aren't going to come out and have a go at SISU and the whole situation but in my opinion they have made it very clear they don't agree with it and want to be at the Ricoh.

torchomatic

Start the club then and ask the Ricoh how much they're going to charge you. They've got a bail-out to cover you know.

<domestic house analogy>. I would imagine if you decided to move into a prestigious state of the art housing development, but said "er...we're first time buyers and we can't afford a lot of rent then I would imagine the landlord would tell you to get on your bike </domestic house analogy>, but I would imagine ACL wouldn't be like that and welcome you with open arms.

italiahorse

Start the club then and ask the Ricoh how much they're going to charge you. They've got a bail-out to cover you know.

<domestic house analogy>. I would imagine if you decided to move into a prestigious state of the art housing development, but said "er...we're first time buyers and we can't afford a lot of rent then I would imagine the landlord would tell you to get on your bike </domestic house analogy>, but I would imagine ACL wouldn't be like that and welcome you with open arms.

Once the New stadium is started then if I was ACL I'd put a team in it.
Until then the issue would be that the team moving in (say Phoenix) would not be in favour of being chucked out if a better tenant (CCFC) came along.

From the fans point of view they would need to make a decision on supporting another Coventry Club or attending 'The' Coventry City in say Warwick or even Northampton.

wellerfan

What an odd thing to say, why would he hold it against the fans at Sixfields? Is it them who moved the club away from the Ricoh? IF they are not grateful to the fans either home or away then I hope they fuck off and get fans at another club to pay their inflated wages.

HAs Carl Baker or any other player actually said "I blame the fans at Sixfields" or "our support is great, apart from those wankers at Sixfields"?

I didnt mean to imply that the players blame the fans. The supporters whoever they are are the only ones without blame in this sorry mess!

I just wonder if the players think they would be back if no one attended Northampton.

I don't think so as the season has progressed because of the owners agenda.

chiefdave

Maybe not sold but if we have players at the end of their contracts or players who attract bids 'we can't refuse' and we don't have the budget to bring in new players that's going to be a problem isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread