Players to keep (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

But I heard we had a squad good enough to challenge for automatic promotion?

Terry Gibson's perm

But mcqoid's managed to score 5 in 15 upfront, miller has scored 2 despite only starting 1 game and Nouble's scored 3 in 7. Jackson's played 40+ times in the top flight here and in Germany. And his main attribute is support to be pace yet everytime he gets put through (e.g v Peterborough, vs crawley, vs Worcester) he gets caught by a big blundering centre back.

And I'd put money on him being on of our highest earners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Although I am not sure about McQoid myself I think some of the dislike towards him is because he was part of the Wilson deal and the other two players that came with him have no performed that well. The biggest thing with Mcqoid is that he always seems to shoot doesn't matter where he is or if others are in better positions.

I could trot out the Jackson missed pre-season but that one drives me mad!

I tend to agree that Jackson does seem to get caught up a bit though but can't explain that one.

KersleyDigs

I would keep:

GK: Riece-Cook (back up)
DEF R: Willis, Phillips
DEF C: Johnson, Hines
DEF L: Haynes

WING: JOB, Swanson, Kelly-Evans
DEF MID: Thomas, Finch, Lawton
ATT MID: Maddison (impacts games more than Fleck!)

ST: Madine, McQuoid, Thomas, Miller

I'd start with:

--------------------- New GK--------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Willis----------Hines----------Johnson--------Haynes
O'Brien------Thomas------Finch/Lawton---Swanson
-----------------------------------------------------------
---- ------------------Maddison-------------------------
------------------------Madine---------------------------

.......but it Obviously depends on attitude, I have a feeling that McQuoid has no interest in being here, so perhaps get rid too!

Last edited:

Skybluepiglet

Everyone from what I can see wants to keep Jim.

is he that much better a player technically than all the rest>?????

I would say probably not..but he gives 100% ..tries to make things happen...HE GIVES A SHIT!!!! you can see it every match.

If all the players had his attitude and work ethic ...we would be in a much better place regardless of technical ability!!!

ccfcmustang

O Brien
Johnson
Haynes
Nouble
Fleck
Phillips
Maddison
Swanson
McQoid

Id get the rest gone. Including the kids. Not good enough in my opinion, sunday proved that to me. McQoid is our second highest goal scorer i think and he spent most of last seaon on loan at peterborough and they were in the play offs.

torchomatic

He can stick the ball in the net though. That's all that matters to me. He's scored three in a handful of appearances. He also big and strong and good at holding the ball up.

I agree. I see all the praise for. Nouble and wonder if we are watching the same game. He cannot trap the ball or hold it up. This is basic stuff.

Del Boy 82

Gk ...........
Rb Phillips
Cd willis
Cd Johnson
Lb Haynes
Rm job
Cm .........
Cm fleck
Lm .......
S Jackson
S ..........

That's my retaining starting XI keep developing Maddison finch an maybe burge, an players from under 18s keep miller an give him a chance.

Out of the rest....
Thomas not good enough to start happy to pass on
Webster not the greatest but you no what you'll get. Squad player at best
Clarke to many mistakes, not likely to improve.
Pugh to injury prone to carry
Swanson no confidence an happy to let go
Tudgay, ...... No thanks. Not interested
Loans
Alsop not convinced, shot stopper at best. Return
Martin a keeper, like what I see
Hines. Happy to go back nothing special
Coulibaly, not fitting in had a fair jpt game against Exeter tho return
Mcquoid nothing special, won't want to stay I'd say. Return
Nouble, frustrating. Great when he's interested. Keep
Madine I'd keep him solid an form says he'll score. Keep
Think that covers it. Too many loans in the squad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Technically Nouble isn't great and he will make mistakes but he can also create something out of nothing. I'd rather him making mistakes whilst trying to create something than someone just playing risk free lay offs all game, its why I always defended players like Baker and Moussa when they were inconsistent and making errors. If you want players who can provide them game changing moments then you have to accept sometimes they will get it wrong.

letsallsingtogether

I can hold a ball up better then most but I'm shit at football.

He can stick the ball in the net though. That's all that matters to me. He's scored three in a handful of appearances. He also big and strong and good at holding the ball up.

rupert_bear

Doesn't this thread illustrate the state our football team is in about half a dozen listed as worth keeping, mainly the same names, no goalkeeper. How the hell are we going to replace that lot we want rid of. At this moment in time we must be the strongest candidates for the drop in years.
I do think one or two like Willis and Thomas could improve with better and more stable players around them but Christ we are right in the shit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread