Players that left due to finances (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Over the years how many players have gone or forced out due to our bad finances, the ones i can remember
Gary Thompson
Ian Wallace
Robert Rosario
Kevin Gallagher
Hyam
Loads more I know, these just stick out

JulianDarbyFTW

Didn't Bobby Gould once resign because he believed Ndlovu was about to be sold behind his back? Or have I imagined that?

Nick

Administrator
Yes i agree, but some of these were desperate and were done behind the managers back

In which case the majority of player sales below the Premier League (and the yoyo parachute clubs) are vital / desperate to be able to survive.

torchomatic

The first I really remember and the first that really pissed me off was Gary Gillespie going to Liverpool.

Grendel

We also signed players as well for similar amounts. Gallagher we also got Wegerle didn’t we?
Over the years how many players have gone or forced out due to our bad finances, the ones i can remember
Gary Thompson
Ian Wallace
Robert Rosario
Kevin Gallagher
Hyam
Loads more I know, these just stick out

most were replaced or sold because of other signings already made

Grendel

@Grendel got a great story about that one he loves to share

giphy.gif

Offhegoes

Didn't Bobby Gould once resign because he believed Ndlovu was about to be sold behind his back? Or have I imagined that?
Yeah and after a shocking 5-1 defeat at QPR. Ndlovu was never sold and Phil Neal took over. Think there was probably more to it than that though. I can imagine Gould could upset the board and/or players quite easily.

torchomatic

slowpoke

Dennis Mortimer
Him and Jeff Blockley who’s transfer to Arsenal financed the signings of Colin Stein, Tommy Hutchison and youngster Jim Blythe have to say we did very well out of that deal same with Phil Babb where half his fee bought us Dion Dublin, difference now is no matter how much we get for Vik or Hamer as examples not a penny of that will go towards players only their wage.

Hobo

Jimmy Holmes to Tottenham. Didn't even want to leave.
Danny Thomas to QPR.
And the big one Jarni 😁

Hobo

Greggs the tinker. But worth the rumour 😁

WestEndAgro

The Robert Yarni deal was a strange one which involved two Spanish clubs whom wouldn't sell to each other due to a hatred of the two owners.
We bought Yarnie on the understanding that he would be our player, then immediately sold to the club who wouldn't /couldn't trade with each other.
Not sure what we made from the deal, if anything.

Ashdown

The Robert Yarni deal was a strange one which involved two Spanish clubs whom wouldn't sell to each other due to a hatred of the two owners.
We bought Yarnie on the understanding that he would be our player, then immediately sold to the club who wouldn't /couldn't trade with each other.
Not sure what we made from the deal, if anything.
Someone would have made something for sure !

Users who are viewing this thread