Players of Nostalgia. (1 Viewer)

Darren Huckerby

..probably the most exciting player to watch since I've been going (apart from his last season with us)

rob9872

Dublin Speedie Oggy. Many others graced, liked many more for different reasons but those three head and shoulders above for me.

Tough call, but at 24 years old the best CCFC side was 'The Entertainers', McAllister, Chippo, Keano.... But for me, Mustapha Hadji was probably my favourite, i remember one game sitting in the old JSB area at HR watching him absolutely take the p1$$ outta some poor left back with loads of exhibition flicks!! A showboater, but damn entertaining to watch!!

Paxman II

Oh well a very tough choice. Favourites are not necessarily the best players but ones that captivated you i suppose and were entertainers and always worth going up to watch.
So I guess on that basis it has got to be Ernie Hunt for me. Cheeky, real pro who would send up the opposition players and galvanised the team. A bit like Wise in his brief spell you could say. Quality player though. Of course him and Willie carr forever in the history books with the famous free kick! That was the kind of guy he was...the bloody cheek of that free kick!

Disorganised1

Hutch for me - if you ever get the chance get him to show you his legs - the scars look like a London Road map.

Malfie Henpox

Speedie, Oggy, Nuddy and the seemingly forgotten Gallacher were all great. As was Keane.

However, as the great man deserves a nod from City fans after all these years of ridiculous hating, Dion gets my vote.

skybluelee

Oggy - we would have been relegated many years before we were without him.

No future player will get close to 601 appearances.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm quite oldish, well 48, so i can remember the seventies when we had a fantastic side, so my vote will go on Glazier,Ernie Hunt and Mick Coop.
Am I allowed 3,if so can i have a another one from the eighties, Killer Kilcline

The Rev

PS. also Willie Carr

sky_blue_up_north

Easy Tommy Hutchinson, majestic on the ball, beat any full back in the league, crosser, in my 50 years the best buy far, other worth a mention, Ian Wallace striker supreme, Terry Yorath captain leader, Wilie Humpreys winger, earliest memory for me running rings round full backs, Ian Gibson finest play maker I've seen at the club. I guess in recent times Robbie Keane and Gary Mcallister, if we had kept those two I don;t believe we would have been relegated

Users who are viewing this thread