Players for next season (1 Viewer)

Obviously with players out if contract and loan players going back to their clubs, is there any players you would like to see here next season if we stay in this league? Realistically, not messi ronaldo etc.

Me I'd like a coup of proven goalscorers so I'd go for paddy madden and Leon Clarke. Ambitiously go for sawyers from Walsall and an enforcer in the team

Gazolba

A top quality goal-keeper should be the first priority.

Hobo

Erhun Oztumer AM Peterbough United. One of the best midfielders I have seen this season. Pass and move, pass and move.... and knows where the top corner of the net is at the Ricoh.

higgs

Winnall hourihan Barnsley and ajose from swindon and John Egan from the gills solid centre half who pops up with a few goals

coop

Moncur,Paddy Madden,Sawyer will not come here if Fleck thinks he's good enough for the championship Sawyer certainly is.

steve82

Paddy madden is never gonna come here he's contracted till 2018 and gonna cost £250k up.
Need to be looking at free transfers and goal scorers in league 2 and conference, players we could actually buy with a view to the future of the club and value to them if they excel beyond our growth as a club

Terry Gibson's perm

What about the striker that's at Grimsby can't remember his name at the moment Irish chap I think.

steve82

What about the striker that's at Grimsby can't remember his name at the moment Irish chap I think.

Padraig Amond top scorer in the conference currently with 27 in 35 games. Out of contract at the end of season but is 28 now and never played higher than league 2, May be worth a punt on a free but there is possibly a better option
Dan Holman 25 also out of contract, 25 goals in 38 local player also from Northampton area doing well at gary johnsons Cheltenham.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

Currently next season we have:

RCC
Willis
Jones Womble Vincelot Lameiras Bilal Rose
Sambou Thomas

Last edited:

Chipfat

Lots of decisions to be made regarding players but players like Kelly Evans twins, Lawton, Burge, Finch, Stokes, Haynes, C Thomas and Lorentzen may have already been told or know what the summer will bring. I would suspect Kelly Evans x2, Stokes and Haynes will be kept around the others will join our over 30's and Fleck to see the exit door.

It doesn't leave much in the way of contracted players with League experience but this is where we are as a club, Sambou, Stevenson, G Thomas and Harries will be brought in to 1st team thinking and i would imagine loans will play a part in next season teams. We have many gap's to fill and not much in the way of money to do it so beg steal and borrow is the way forward. I can see a very young team next season but i don't think its a bad thing would be good to see young lads fighting for a career other than the old farts struggling to have any passion to finish one.

Jayno

Yep agree. The decisions need to be made now by Mowbray. Stop playing the has beens and under performers including loan players, they have played rubbish. Give the fans some hope for the remaining games that the young lads do have passion, want to win, can put in a tackle and are proud to wear the shirt

steve82

Players that are out of contract and not gonna be here next season need to be dropped now, the likes of fleck are not gonna be very committed and putting a foot in when they need to be injury free to get a contract somewhere in July.
Your gonna get the commitment and passion from the lads in the u21 squad tho with the games coming up against Wigan and millwall I fear the worst

Users who are viewing this thread