Players dislike the kit? (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

Decided to post this upon seeing the back page of the Telegraph in which we see Conor Thomas sporting a ripped collar on his shirt. Seem familiar? That's because Carl Baker also rips his collar prior to each game. Clearly it's to give them more breathing space around the neck.

I also quite commonly saw Gary McSheffrey pulling away at his collar during games so I begin to wonder how much of an issue this seasons kit is. I know from my basketball days that if the kit is tight around my neck it affects me on the court and if it's tight around my shoulders/waist it affects my movement.

I wonder if at any stage this kit was tested by any player before being chosen...despite record sales I think the kit has been a step backwards this year.

Just wondered if others have noticed/questioned this?

RansonRarrr

I agree, the collar is far to tight around my neck would imagine it being a problem for the players
I think it's also tight around the arms where the band is

kg82

It's tight but not over-tight and I can't see it actually being a problem. Good lord, we'll be wearing grey kits next and complaining we can't "see each other"!!!

smileycov

Facebook User
Also if they printed the numbers on the front, it would look like we are attacking a bit more! :whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

SISU wanted something tight as it reflects their fiscal approach to CCFC.

SO they've "nearly" got enough for the stadium...but still not enough for a single measly loan signing? Keep checking under them stones, Kenny!

georgehudson

NLHWC, quite right about 'susi',
let's re-live the the 'eton boating song' era,
and more, (thanks to many old sky blues),
rework of willie carr lyrics,
to the tune of 'an old windmill in amsterdam',

beat one man, beat two men & the next thing you know,
the net will be rising it's hardly surprising,
we sing every morning how lucky it is,
to have such a player as jutkiewicz,

jutkiewich he plays on the wing, in the channel too,
a bit of wayne rooney and a bit of ian wright,
with lucas i,m sure were alright !!!

come on you sky blues, to a man, 'go for it' & WIN !!!!!!!!!!!

PUSB

pusbccfc

Im sure if they didnt like it they would just request a new top with a less tight neck.
Im pretty sure the players dont play week in week out in the same kit for a season...

ccfcway

interetsing point though

didnt think of that

years and years of rubbish, blaming the owners (whoever they are) and it turns out its the t-shirts to blame

;)

sky_blue_up_north

What a load of rubbish blaming the kit... what next the grass is to long and green at the Ricoh...

Marty

I think we should remember that the kits we buy are replicas, 1 size fits all shapes and sizes. The kits the so called footballers wear would most likely be fitted to their specific needs and requirements and most definiatley won't be of the shelf in the club shop.

ajsccfc

Exactly. If they cut the collar, problem is then solved. Let's worry about something of importance instead.

pusbccfc

I think we should remember that the kits we buy are replicas, 1 size fits all shapes and sizes. The kits the so called footballers wear would most likely be fitted to their specific needs and requirements and most definiatley won't be of the shelf in the club shop.

Marty,
The club told the fans when they were released that the kit the players are wearing are the same as what the players are.

gouldberg

The fact that players are having to tamper with the kit surely in itself proves there were design flaws in the shirt. I wonder what the sweat retention is like on that material used for the collar and the bottom of the sleeves. If the sweat all collects in the collar on the shirt then that would become uncomfortable. Do the players find the type of collar irritating around the back of the neck? There's only so much you can do in terms of alterations.

Baker and Thomas cut V's into the front of their jerseys to try and feel more comfortable on the pitch. That's an issue. The shirt should fit nicely and give room to move and breathe. Clearly this doesn't happen. I remember my basketball kit 2 seasons ago was tight around my neck whilst my kit last season was comfortable and fitted well. No surprises that last season I averaged more points (from less shots too might I add) than the season before.

I know that it shouldn't be an excuse for the players (and I think in fairness none of the players have tried to use it as an excuse) but it has to be said that being comfortable makes you play better. I know a lot of people thought last seasons collar was terrible and whilst it did look a bit naf look how much more room you had around the neck for air to travel down the shirt.

I just think that all things considered, it was a very poor design decision.

ajsccfc

Barcelona were in the news for their kit getting heavy, we've just had the odd player snip the collar.

I think you're reading a bit too much into it, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread