Players bloody Sunday ? (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

What players do we expect to be released today ?
i wouldn't be surprised if the whole squad were put up for sale.

Grendel

Wood, mcsheffrey, Barton, Malaga, edjuingele, Elliot, Stewart, Jennings and Cameron. Malaga and edjuingele will have contracts cancelled I would guess.

Otis

Wood, mcsheffrey, Barton, Malaga, edjuingele, Elliot, Stewart, Jennings and Cameron. Malaga and edjuingele will have contracts cancelled I would guess.

Wishful thinking I reckon there on Jennings. Pressley seems to rate him for some reason.

First 4 sound spot on though and Cameron for sure.

UNCLE MONTY

Scary stuff, just what kind of shit are we going to see in the sky blue shirt next season? No way the embargo will be lifted any time soon so don't expect to see any new faces

dongonzalos

I would be happy If we are left with

Murphy. Dunn
Christie Clarke
Wood (lower wage) Willis
New CB New CB
Adams Haynes

Baker
Jennings
Moussa
Thomas
Fleck
Barton

Cody
Clarke
New signing
Wilson
Elliot

Supported by Academy players and loans if required.

One manager for a whole pre season and season

Set owners with a clear plan. Who look professional and don't make the club look like a badly run circus.

The professionalism will filter down from top to bottom.

This squad would go up.

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

Jennings - 1 year left on contract
Stewart I presume was only a short-term deal
elliot contract up
Barton Edge and Malaga - all got 2 years left - well done AT
Sheffers & wood could have a role to play in this squad but may get more money elsehere as they will be offered vastly reduced terms
Nathan Cameron - expect to be gone, should take up another sport as IMO has looked good at junior football due to his immense physique, leading to a professional contract but has been found out as lacking the composure and skill to play at this level

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Scary stuff, just what kind of shit are we going to see in the sky blue shirt next season? No way the embargo will be lifted any time soon so don't expect to see any new faces

Pressley seemed quietly confident in his post match conference yesterday that he'd have targets lined up on 'gentlemans agreements' in time for when the embargo is lifted, so he must know something we don't.

That said, we have bad form when it comes to gentlemans agreements ......

Ccfcisparks

Will we hear today if any players are released?

I'm going for: Wood, Stewart, Elliott, Jeffers, J Clarke, Malaga, Cameron, Cody, Sheffers

I think he will keep Barton as didn't he say that he has improved loads and that he rates him?

Otis

Which then conjures up the problem of Pressley wanting to get rid of players and not being able to do so.

Or, a worse scenario still, Pressley tells them they are not wanted today on the back of promises all will be sorted by the club and then we find we are still indeed in an embargo come August and we cannot replace the players we have released.

In that scenario we are well and truly buggered.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Which then conjures up the problem of Pressley wanting to get rid of players and not being able to do so.

Or, a worse scenario still, Pressley tells them they are not wanted today on the back of promises all will be sorted by the club and then we find we are still indeed in an embargo come August and we cannot replace the players we have released.

In that scenario we are well and truly buggered.

Or in McSheffreys case, he'll be delighted with this scenario ;)

J

Jack Griffin

The SISU plan moves into high gear.. they've bulk ordered the Clearasil for next years squad.

Samo

Squad:

Murphy (if we can keep him)
Burge
Christie (if we can keep him)
Clarke
Adams
Haynes
Edje
1 other CB
1 other CB

Willis
Moussa
Fleck
Barton
Baker
Thomas
Jennings
Daniels
1 other M
Clarke
Wilson
1 other ST
1 other ST

Lobjoit(possibly)

Ship out:

Stewart-Contract
Cameron-Contract
Elliott-Contract

Martin-LoanEnds
Bailey-Loan Ends
Ball-Loan Ends

Dunn
Wood (we can't pay him enough)
Malaga
McSheffrey
Bell

Jeffers
McDonald

Philliskirk

Grendel

Wishful thinking I reckon there on Jennings. Pressley seems to rate him for some reason.

First 4 sound spot on though and Cameron for sure.

The one I missed is McDonald. He will be the big earner along with bell and really has to go but who would buy him unless we agree a lee Hughes type pay off?

Nonleagueherewecome

'Sunday Bloody Sunday': What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round....you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

stupot07

'Sunday Bloody Sunday': What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round....you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Are you stalking me???????? That is exactly what I've been doing this morning!!!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

wood's going as i was next to benno when he told him he was going back to yorkshire.

Rotherham or Bradford, what a tough decision...

skyblue1523

IM a bit worried that we wil have the same start as last season if admin is not sorted fast,but because we have the same start things will not improve as we will still be under the embargo and only come out it on the 1 sept when the windows closing with half the players we have got now.oh what joy being a city fan(tongue and cheek).

Nonleagueherewecome

mark82

Would keep:

Murphy
Burge

Adams
Haynes

Christie
J Clarke

Edjenguele
Willis

Bell
Baker
Fleck
Barton
Moussa
Thomas

L Clarke
Wilson

Bring in a couple of centre backs, at least 1 striker and a left sided midfielder. Then 4 other versatile players to make up the squad.

Nonleagueherewecome

'Huddersfield' Benno asked him,wood just smiled

Yeah but Wood gave a few enigmatic hints to fans at the end of last season that he was "going home" but it didn't quite work out that way. I think he's dreaming if he thinks he's still a Championship player. He lost any pace he had about 3 years ago-unless he's been coasting for the past few seasons, in which case he can do one anyway!

mark82

Would keep:

Murphy
Burge

Adams
Haynes

Christie
J Clarke

Edjenguele
Willis

Bell
Baker
Fleck
Barton
Moussa
Thomas

L Clarke
Wilson

Bring in a couple of centre backs, at least 1 striker and a left sided midfielder. Then 4 other versatile players to make up the squad.

Obviously some of those 8 extra players mentioned may be brought up from the youth team.

Users who are viewing this thread