Players at fault (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Gutted that it ended a draw tonday, but I feel that it was the players that let us down with there second half performance.

Shame really as the management team set the team up well
And told the players what to expect in the second half,but the players didn't listen.

Gray

Nothing to do with their manager making good changes and us not reacting?

its amazing how 90% of managers who come to the Ricoh can change the game when they are losing though we have one tactic if we are winning or losing

Otis

Exactly. Bloody exactly.

Players to blame, yes, but we were also out thought by their manager. AT said he knew what Bury were going to do 2nd half, but he obviously had no idea that Bury would make 3 early substitutions unless he is Mystic Meg.

Yes the players didn't listen, but then Thorn didn't counter react to the Bury's teams reaction.

torchomatic

Reynolds_121

Exactly, how is Thorn meant to allow for that?

Though I would argue Malaga and Brown should've communicated better in dealing with the initial cross.

Agree, goals change games, totally changed Bury's impetus and mindset positively, it turned our mindset negatively and we looked frit to death on the ball.

Gaz

Exactly. Bloody exactly.

Players to blame, yes, but we were also out thought by their manager. AT said he knew what Bury were going to do 2nd half, but he obviously had no idea that Bury would make 3 early substitutions unless he is Mystic Meg.

Yes the players didn't listen, but then Thorn didn't counter react to the Bury's teams reaction.

To make you see your blind hatred for our manager, all you need to do is realise that you wrote 1 line about the players and a paragraph on the manager.

Says a lot really.

Nick

Administrator
How is that blind hatred? Blind Hatred is wanting to kill somebody, not thinking they aren't good enough at their job.

Anybody else see Thorn shouting at Elliott / Kilbane in the 2nd half and them just totally blanking him?

Gaz

I feel that it was the players who cost us 2 points today, rather than the manager.

Is it ever the players fault in your eyes ?

Colonel Mustard

Managers get sacked because teams and players underperform. A new manager takes full responsibility for the team and players on the promise that he can improve their performance. That's how it works. If the players underwhelm, then you must look to the manager. You can't simply ship players in and out until you have the right blend to make the manager look good.

percy

the players did let the management down today. poor second half, not disciplined enough and i dont think we looked fit enough as a unit.

Marty

We were so comfortable first half. Second half was completely different, once Bury made those changes & got that penalty, at that point we should have changed things around, it wasn't a sudden turn around, we were struggling at that point and needed to alter the tactics/style of play just to get through that period.

Wood is an idiot, how stupid do you have to be to give away a penalty like that? their player had his back to goal and was only moving further out. It didn't even warrant going up for the header. We gifted that game to them and we lacked ideas both on the pitch and off it.

torchomatic

Uh-oh, this could go one of two ways: horrible Thorn for shouting at the poor little players or all the players hate Thorn and don't respect him.

We were crap in the second half today, but can't see how that was Thorn's fault, unless of course he said "go out there and play shit in the second half. Woody, give away a penalty", etc, etc.

Personally, it's getting ridiculous now. I wish Thorn would go so we could get back to talking about the football.

Anybody else see Thorn shouting at Elliott / Kilbane in the 2nd half and them just totally blanking him?

Otis

To make you see your blind hatred for our manager, all you need to do is realise that you wrote 1 line about the players and a paragraph on the manager.

Says a lot really.

FFS I don't hate the manager and have never ever called for his head. :facepalm::facepalm:

I had a headline in my head at half-time for a post I was going to make as soon as I got home from the game. "Well done City, great effort and well done Thorn."

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I feel that it was the players who cost us 2 points today, rather than the manager.

Of course it is, it was a silly penalty to give away.

Does the manager ever take any blame from you? Or is it just the players? Are we gelling? Are his hands tied?

Otis

I said it was the players fault. Fook me you're hard work. :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
FFS I don't hate the manager and have never ever called for his head. :facepalm::facepalm:

I had a headline in my head at half-time. "Well done City, great effort and well done Thorn."

:facepalm:

Exactly the same as me. :)

stupot07

I blame Dick Wood who made that stupid challenge for a ball he was never gonna get for the penalty. No penalty and we'd have weathered the storm and won the game.

Macca

Uh-oh, this could go one of two ways: horrible Thorn for shouting at the poor little players or all the players hate Thorn and don't respect him.

We were crap in the second half today, but can't see how that was Thorn's fault, unless of course he said "go out there and play shit in the second half. Woody, give away a penalty", etc, etc.

Personally, it's getting ridiculous now. I wish Thorn would go so we could get back to talking about the football.

We are talking about the football. The fact that we went from a period of utter dominance to throwing one of our winnable games away. In case any one has missed it this is NOT an new or one off scenario

Reynolds_121

To be fair Thorn should have recognised that Barton and Jennings were absolutely shot after 60 minutes, he never and we were exploited down Barton's side again. A combination of manager and players today, I'd lean more towards the players, the penalty given away by wood was the momentum shifter and that was an in-excusable piece of defending from someone who should know better.

Sutty

The game definitely turned on the penalty, no question. Thorn can't legislate for the level of idiocy shown by Wood.

However, those 2 substitutions were an absolute joke. Took off arguably our two best players, it's no wonder we never really threatened other than a good moment by McSheffrey.

Gaz

I said it was the players fault. Fook me you're hard work. :facepalm:

Er.. I had highlighted Nick there and not you.

Keep slapping your forehead Otis, it might knock some sense in.

Otis

Er.. I had highlighted Nick there and not you.

Keep slapping your forehead Otis, it might knock some sense in.

My apologies. Thought it was aimed at me.

You do seem t o think I hate the manager though and I simply don't.

80% players fault today 20% management.

We were out thought by their manager and we had no answer, so the finger partially has to point at the management team for me.

Users who are viewing this thread