Player you really hope has a great year? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Ok so we all want the whole squad to do well, but is there one player you really hope goes on and has a stormer of a year?

Personally, I'd like to see ROD nail it this year - he has done nothing for us so far and is in the last year of his contract, if he can get a run going and get his confidence up, he could be a threat in this league. OK so I doubt it will happen, but I'd be chuffed for him if it does!!

@richh87

Anyone who has 3 years left on their contract! Don't want our star players pissing off on the cheap.

I choose Fleck.

FRY-CCFC

Fleck to get into double figures as our main man in midfield with cody and macca/polo (if he signs) getting double figures as well

pusbccfc

There's so many

If Baker has a good year he could get 15+ goals (like at stockport)

If Sheff gets on form he could score goals!

If fleck performs he could be vital as of Cody!

If Rod can score 9 in 15 like he did before in league 1 he could surprise a few!

If the maybe players have a great year we should dominate!

Astute

Jennings.

Means we will have signed him :)

Grendel

I expect Jordan Clarke to excel this season.

clemy07

I expect Jordan Clarke to excel this season.

I agree. The diamond formation (if that's what AT opts for) will create room for our full back to push on. I have always thought clarke could do a job on the wing with christie at right back if needs be too. I think cody will do well but i think fleck will be key in the free roll. I can't wait for the season now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I want Baker to have a great season, has ability and effort. Just inconsistent and lacking in confidence. Much better than Bell anyway imo

skybluejelly

i know we all have favorites and least favorites but would love baker to prove me wrong and shut me up..by proving he can have a decent first touch ..and score more than the occasional goal.

ccfcway

not sure i buy this "step down" business

it will be one of the newbies we will look to,

i would say malaga and wood will be a very decent partnership

Mucca Mad Boys

Obviously we want the whole team to have a goodun but I'd personally like to see Barton do really well, prove PNE haters wrong and resurrect his career and if he does good enough to attract Liverpool + Chelsea, we could pocket massive profit.

I would say McDonald, but only because if he is playing well and bagging goals it will mean the midfield is doing the business too.

Otis

Bell, to shut up the idiots on here who slag him off as a hobby.

People slag him off because he's been very, very poor for us, despite manager after manager continually saying what a good player he is.

You get about 3 or 4 good performances out of him per season and the odd great goal. 5 goals in nearly 4 years and the bloke has got an excellent shot on him. His crossing has been poor to boot. Says an awful lot.

He would be my choice though. Think you are slightly missing the point to be honest. People do slag him off, but they also want him to do well (and I'm not talking about people slagging him off on the pitch, I'm talking about on here on the forums).

Players don't perform or pull their weight, they deserve to get both barrels.

I really want David Bell to do well this season and I would love him to finally come good. To most on here though he's another Freddie Eastwood and his talent is pretty much all wasted.

Martin180

I think Jennings ,if he signs , will be the best signing of the summer so far .

I think Elliott is a very clever player and will link up with a lot of the attacking players in the squad and i think Malaga will be a monster at the back once he acclimatises to the English style of play .All three + Murphy will give us a solid spine to the side and allow the other players to flourish

WeWillBeBack

Hope kilbane Bags 40 goals or so, as he is the only player that another team wont be interested in because of his age (apart from Bell of course)

Above all I hope David Bell perishes on the bench.

Big Mo

Cody - been unfortunate with injuries but when he's played looks very capable of scoring regularly, also seems like a good lad with something to prove so fingers crossed this will be his year.

Cody aside our senior players need to step up this year, mcsheffrey for example should be one of the best players in this league(should!)...

I think Jennings and Fleck have real fans' favourite potential, but - the question being 'who do you hope has a great season' - the answer must be the man who we have not yet seen much of, but is our striker. We need some goals and have few strikers who romp through double figures. Arise, Sir Cody... let's score 23+.

The Penguin

McDonald, because a good year for him means plenty of goals, and plenty of goals means our chances of promotion take a boost.

dongonzalos

I have to say would be quite ironic if Bell had a stormer.
However for the good of the club in needs to be cody and it needs to be 25 plus.

Martin180

I have to say would be quite ironic if Bell had a stormer.
However for the good of the club in needs to be cody and it needs to be 25 plus.
I hope we can et shot of Bell and Hussey before the season starts ,Hussey is homesick , Bell is always sick ...

Nonleagueherewecome

Someone old so that I'm not heartbroken when we sell them in January..Kilbane or McSheffrey for me.

Users who are viewing this thread