Mason 7
Kelly 8
Bayliss 7
Bright 6
Thomas 6
Jordy 5
Baka 5

SAJ

Generally thought we knocked the all around well created chances which we were miserable at converting. Thought both teams were poor and it looked just like an end of season match with nothing at stake. Which given we needed to win to have an outside chance of making the playoff was from us very poor.
Overall our best player was Davies who did well enough for us to extend his contact for the next season. Burge didn’t do anything wrong and pulled off a couple of decent saves.
Why we don’t shoot instead of trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle is frustrating. Ultimately our home form has cost us the chance of a play off.

Gray

Burge 6
Sterling 6
Davies 6
Hyam 6
Mason 6
Kelly 6
Bayliss 6
Bright 5
Thomas 5
Jordy 5
Baka 5

no_loyalty

Burge 7
Sterling 7
Mason 7
Hyam 7
Davies 8
Kelly 7
Bayliss 6
Bright 6
Thomas 6
Hiwula 6
Baka 5

Chaplin 6
Ponti 6
Meyler N/A

stevefloyd

I thought Bayliss was piss poor again today as was Hiwula and Baka.. Ponticelli came on and was even more non existent than Baka

covcity4life

Burge 7
Hyam 6
Davies 6
Mason 6
Sterking 6
Kelly 5
Bayliss 5
Bright 6
Hiwulla 5
Baka 5
Thomas 6

Chaplin 6
Meyler n/a

rob9872

I thought Bayliss was piss poor again today as was Hiwula and Baka.. Ponticelli came on and was even more non existent than Baka
Bayliss was much better today. Set pieces were decent too a d we've had appalling set pieces from many others all season. Also Ponti came on in injury time - wtf did you expect? He made a good run across field to receive the ball in that time too

peace ndlovu

Bayliss was much better today. Set pieces were decent too a d we've had appalling set pieces from many others all season. Also Ponti came on in injury time - wtf did you expect? He made a good run across field to receive the ball in that time too
Spot on.
There's a lot of sniping at Bayliss lately. He's had a poor patch but FFS, give a bit of credit when it's due

Legia Sky Blue

Its a game that has been typical of our season. Dominating the game, with good football, up to he final 3rd with poor decision making & no cutting edge.
Burge - 7 not much to do, but one good save
Sterling - 7 got forward well with a couple of half decent crosses
Davies - 8 good solid game, mostly untroubled by their forwards
Hyam - 7 as Davies but 1 point docked for that miss
Mason - 7 made some good forward runs, particularly in the 1st half
Thomas - 6 always looked a danger but without any end product
Kelly - 6 no real positive impact on game but solid enough
Bayliss - 7 much more involved & a better performance than recently
Enobakhare - 6 great footwork at times, but only in non threatening areas
Hiwula - 5 poor touch let him down on a number of occasions
Bakayoko - 5 should have been far more involved in a game we dominated

stupot07

Burge 7
Sterling 7
Davis 8.5
Hyam 7
Mason 7
Bayliss 8
Kelly 8
Bright 5
Thomas 5
Hiwula 5
Baka 4

Subs

Chaplin 7
Meyler n/a
Ponti n/a

I thought that was Bayliss's best game this season, and was the best player on the pitch first half.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Burge - 7 Looked solid almost throughout, one iffy moment when he came racing out to have the ball from a throw.
Sterling - 7 Good defensively but didn't have much involvement going forward for long periods. Great cross that should have led to a goal.
Davies - 7 Solid, dealt with anything coming his way but it wasn't a hugely difficult game for the back 5
Hyam - 7 As with Davies
Mason - 7 Some good crosses and some poor ones too. I think he's improving.
Kelly - 6
Bayliss - 6
Enobakhare - 6 A few flashes but didn't ever look likely to score today.
Hiwula - 6 Looked great at times but then missed glaring opportunities at others. Could be fantastic at this level but I fear we'll not see it regularly.
Bakayoko - 6

I felt that the game probably summed up our season. Nothing special in the opposition, we showed many flashes of being much better but ultimately missed our chances. The only thing missing was a stupid goal being conceded. Today amply demonstrated why we aren't in the top 6 but are also far away from the bottom 4.

Esoterica

Its a game that has been typical of our season. Dominating the game, with good football, up to he final 3rd with poor decision making & no cutting edge.
Burge - 7 not much to do, but one good save
Sterling - 7 got forward well with a couple of half decent crosses
Davies - 8 good solid game, mostly untroubled by their forwards
Hyam - 7 as Davies but 1 point docked for that miss
Mason - 7 made some good forward runs, particularly in the 1st half
Thomas - 6 always looked a danger but without any end product
Kelly - 6 no real positive impact on game but solid enough
Bayliss - 7 much more involved & a better performance than recently
Enobakhare - 6 great footwork at times, but only in non threatening areas
Hiwula - 5 poor touch let him down on a number of occasions
Bakayoko - 5 should have been far more involved in a game we dominated
Have you given Kelly more than a 7 all season? Notice you’ve deleted your worst comments about him from last season.

Legia Sky Blue

Not sure - don't get the Kelly love in that you & others participate in. What comments do you think I have deleted? He certainly hasn't let us down and has performed to a consistently good level since Doyle's departure, and I have marked him accordingly. He isn't as good as you think he is however, and the role he plays doesn't lead him to being an 8 out of 10 player in my opinion. He is a safety first player who provides little attacking thread, and can be overwhelmed sometimes by more physical athletic opponents. Bristol Rovers however offered no such threat so he had an easy game today, but other than keeping things ticking over he didn't do anything positive today that warranted a higher mark. Did you see his free kick at the end of the game today? The sort that other players get slaughtered for, but some people still give him 8, while Bayliss gets criticised despite playing much better.

Adge

Burge 7 Kicking was decent-1 good claim and couple of routine saves.

Sterling 7 Nothing too good or bad but was part of the back four who kept a clean sheet.

Davies 8 Good solid performance and probably right he got man of the match.

Hyam 7 Much the same as Davies but 1 point off for the miss.

Mason 7 Looked dangerous first half especially and a couple of good forays forward.

Kelly 7 Had the measure of the midfield.

Bayliss 7 One of his better games than of late-shame it ended early with the injury.

Bright 6 Dangerous but in the wrong places most of the time.

Thomas 7 An improvement from him and a reasonable game-again got into the situations where the final shot/cross was the downfall.

Hiwula 6 Started really well and then faded-confidence took s knock and he went into his shell after the awful one on one where he should have scored.

Baka 6 Didn’t really get into the game.

Subs-
Meyer 5
Chaplin 5
Ponticelli 4-Not sure he touched the ball.

Robins 7 Not sure what else he can do if we can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

stevefloyd

It is my opinion and what i saw maybe i should just make things up to please people

steve82

Burge 7
Sterling 7
Davis 9
Hyam 7.5
Mason 7
Bayliss 5
Kelly 7
Enobakhare 5
Thomas 6
Hiwula 5
Bakayoko 5

Subs:
Meyler -
Chaplin 4
Ponticelli -

Some good football at times but the final 3rd decision making let down a otherwise ok performance we’d of been content with should we of taken maximum points giving Bristol Rovers little in the way of opportunities.
Hiwula had a good opportunity in each half but Dom Hyam claims the miss of the day. Still wondering how the hell he’s missed it but we had other opportunities to break the deadlock.
Enobakhare showed exactly why he’s here in L1 to iron out his downfalls demonstrating how frustrating he is yet showing flashes of ability over the 90 mins, communication and decision making really lets himself down.
Bakayoko was disappointing too compared to recent performances and yet another anonymous performance from Bayliss in open play but did play some very good set piece balls at times over the afternoon. This injury could be a blessing for him enforcing a rest. Liam Kelly steady again but Tom Davies man of the match in a typical does what it says on the tin performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob9872

Pleased to see someone else spotted that - it was atrocious and can't help a side that try to play football as we do. Ultimately that might be why our home record since the turn of the year has been so poor with 2 wins in 9 and possibly cost us our play-off place.

Nick

Administrator
Bakayoko 9, I am just basing that on the "Let him know you are there" ratings for that tackle. Would have been 10 if it was early doors.

Nick

Administrator
Pleased to see someone else spotted that - it was atrocious and can't help a side that try to play football as we do. Ultimately that might be why our home record since the turn of the year has been so poor with 2 wins in 9 and possibly cost us our play-off place.

I did notice one where I think the ball went out to Thomas along the floor and it bobbled up to waist height. I think Robins may have mentioned it too.

SkyBlueDom26

Bakayoko 9, I am just basing that on the "Let him know you are there" ratings for that tackle. Would have been 10 if it was early doors.
One of the best tackles I've ever seen, god knows how he stayed on the pitch

rob9872

One of the best tackles I've ever seen, god knows how he stayed on the pitch
I've not seen it again and wondered why the Rovers players were all getting so excited. Has anyone got a link please?

rob9872

ooops that was a little naughty :)

speedie87

Burge 7 didn’t have to much
Sterling 7 one good block and a few decent crossses
Hyam 8 classy
Davies 8
Mason 7 almost a great game but just lacking that final bit of quality
Kelly 7
Bayliss 6
Hiwula 6 shoot
Thomas 7 shoot
Bright 5 his worst game for us
Baka 7 seemed to get a lot more involved in things today and has grown in confidence since he first came

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread