Player ratings (1 Viewer)

I really want to like Luke Thomas but can't keep forgiving the chances he's missed, and bayliss could be one of the best players in the league but needs to turn up in these games when it's not controlled by us, Kelly wasn't at it but give us a bit of bite every now and then, CAN WE SIGN SOME ONE WHO CAN TAKE A FREE KICK AND CORNER PLEASE

Burge 5
Dujon 4
Willis 6
Hyam 5
Mason 5
Thomas 3
Bayliss 3
Kelly 5
Hiwula 3
Bright 6
Bakayoko 4

mrtrench

Judging players against their own potential, rather than performance.

Burge 7 - so he failed to stop a header... he had the gumption to at least pretend that he'd been fouled. Distribution, as ever, shite.
Sterling 4 - have we taken this kid backwards?
Willis 7 - I really rate Willis and I cannot recall anything poor.
Hyam 6 - downgraded 1 for that header, but generally a good performance
Mason 8 - Poor as ever with distribution. I prefer Brown.
Kelly 7 - Consistent. Really come into his own since Doyle moved on.
Bayliss 2 - Needs a rest, terrible performance for such a talent.
Thomas 5 - When he learns to finish will be a very good player.
Bright 1 - I personally doubt he'll ever reach potential, as he comes across as so arrogant. If there is a brain of a professional football player in there, then please show yourself, because you come across as a 10 year old kid who happens to have more talent than most would dream of.
Hiwula 5 - Not at his best.
Baka 5 - So close with that header.

Subs

Shipley 7 - I rate Shippers far more than many and he played up to scratch.
Ponti ? - did he get the ball once?

skyblue1991

Burge 7 - so he failed to stop a header... he had the gumption to at least pretend that he'd been fouled. Distribution, as ever, shite.
Bright 1 - I personally doubt he'll ever reach potential, as he comes across as so arrogant. If there is a brain of a professional football player in there, then please show yourself, because you come across as a 10 year old kid who happens to have more talent than most would dream of.

Subs

Eh? No one should've got higher than a 5 yesterday. We were second best all game.

Lose against Barnsley next weekend then we can kiss our top 6 finish goodbye.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

I only watched the 2nd half on ifollow yesterday so from what I saw

Burge, why was he standing behind the goal line for their goal, he never had 2 hands on it so another mistake and cost us points
Sterling looks as though playing so often is catching up with him looks lack lastre
Willis and Hyam looked ok but not as commanding as last week
Mason gets forward well but his lack of pace always has him dragging the ball back to pass it back instead of forward
Kelly had to cover the midfield on his own because Bayliss was missing
Thomas has lost his zip, doesn't cruise past players with as much ease as earlier in the season but if he does get past he doesn't do anything with the ball
Hiwula nothing to say because he was non existent
Bright great talent but needs to know when to pass the ball instead of fucking about with it still only young so hopefully as he matures he will learn
Baka from what I saw he didn't do much but he hit the post in the first half didn't he?

Ponticelli well he must claim a new record I never seen him touch the ball once
Shipley ran about a lot but didn't cause any problems for us and them

Pitch looked ok for a change from what I could see maybe others will say different

Officials as always total fucking inept maybe Robins done a pre match team talk for them to inspire them hmmmmmmmm

clint van damme

Subs

Willis passed the ball better than anyone else in our side second half which tells you everything you need to know about the performance.

Legia Sky Blue

As others have said we were bullied out of it, which has been the common denominator of most of our defeats this season. To an extent that is to be expected from such a young side, but it is still disappointing when it happens.
Burge - 5 Generally ok, but another costly error. Not sure why he was positioned so far behind his line when the inital header came in
Sterling - 5 A bit of a non descript game, when he got forward his delivery was poor
Willis - 7 Our only player that can hold his head up
Hyam - 5 Loses a point for his part in lead up to their goal
Mason - 6 Got forward well, great delivery when Bakayoko should have scored
Thomas - 5 Always looks dangerous, but without any end product
Kelly - 4 Poorest game for a long time. Continually bullied & struggling to remember a decent forward pass in the entire game
Bayliss - 4 Like Kelly was bullied for much of the game
Enobakhare - 5 Flattered to deceive, and like Thomas provided no end product
Hiwula - 3 Back to his anonymous performances from earlier in the season, constantly on the back foot & slow to react
Bakayoko - 5 General play was ok & lacked support, but a couple of times he was slow to react to rebounds & knockbacks

Not gonna bother marking the subs other than to comment on Robins decisions. Not sure how Hiwula played the full game, and although I know it isn't how he wants to play, but when things aren't going your way and a bit desperate, reverting to basic route one football has to be an option. In the last 5-10 minutes I would have had Davies on for Hiwula, put him up front with Bakayoko and launched it forward at every opportunity hoping that Ponticelli might pick up a knock down. Simply trying to repeat what had failed in the previous 85 minutes seemed futile and the end result predictable.

Pete in Portugal

Not gonna bother marking the subs other than to comment on Robins decisions. Not sure how Hiwula played the full game, and although I know it isn't how he wants to play, but when things aren't going your way and a bit desperate, reverting to basic route one football has to be an option. In the last 5-10 minutes I would have had Davies on for Hiwula, put him up front with Bakayoko and launched it forward at every opportunity hoping that Ponticelli might pick up a knock down. Simply trying to repeat what had failed in the previous 85 minutes seemed futile and the end result predictable.

Or, MR could have put Brown on for Hiwula and either Brown or Mason could have played LM. When we've nothing to lose, Robbins doesn't seem to think 'out of the box' very much.

Warwickhunt

Nobody Stood out today and really could only give Willis the highest mark of 6 but MR got it wrong today and should have seen that Bayliss was being intimidated from the off their Number 19 was a right nasty bastard to him, i would have taken Bayliss off and bought Meyler on to put a bit of steel in and help Kelly. Secondly I think MR should be banned from the Dressing room at half time because his fucking team talks are shite. I have lost count how many games this season we were on the front foot in the first half and after he talks to them they play like strangers in the second half.

ccfcway

Nobody Stood out today and really could only give Willis the highest mark of 6 but MR got it wrong today and should have seen that Bayliss was being intimidated from the off their Number 19 was a right nasty bastard to him, i would have taken Bayliss off and bought Meyler on to put a bit of steel in and help Kelly. Secondly I think MR should be banned from the Dressing room at half time because his fucking team talks are shite. I have lost count how many games this season we were on the front foot in the first half and after he talks to them they play like strangers in the second half.

But apart from the first 5 mins, we weren’t on the front foot for the 1st half

brewerfinbar87

Luke Thomos looks shattered. Baylis for weeks now has struggled.bright and Baylis . Should not be in same team . Bright all day . No one can take set peace’s . Dm in midfield drop Baylis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibbo

Finally got round for doing some of these

Burge 4 The goal was primarily his fault. Every opposition corner is a test of our nervous systems. Most keepers are “good shot stoppers” it is the reason they became goalies in the first place, it’s the day job. Burge does not do much beyond that. I see now the critics are right. League 2 level

Sterling 6 Quietly effective down the right. Defensively sound but not as strong going forward as previously

Willis 5 Caught out of position more than once.

Hyam 7 Partly to blame for the goal, but strong in the air and his distribution is so good

Mason 7 Had a good game. Lots of moves up the left. Such a pity he has no ability to go to the bye line. His efforts lacked support from others . See Bright

Thomas 4 All promise, no delivery. Mentally not quick enough to seize an opportunity, nor fast enough over the ground when granted one

Kelly & Bayliss both 4. The problem here is not these two, but the absence in the squad of a real League 1 bully-boy. Oxford had a couple. It was Doyle’s role last year. Meyler was brought in to be it, but is not good enough. That person is obligatory at this level. Raters are punishing Kelly and Bayliss for not being players they have never been in the first place.

Hiwula 4 Very quiet

Bright 7 Clearly very skilled, but played far too deep to be really effective and too detached from Mason. This was the biggest single failing in the set up. And it meant that...

Bakayoko 5…..had no support off his shoulder whatsoever

We have been heavily reliant on individual acts of skill by Bright (Accrington) and Hiwula (Fleetwood) and if we don’t get them we are stuffed

Users who are viewing this thread