Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Limey

Is it over critical to say Kelly played the safe ball too often? Thought he went square/backwards instead of keeping momentum at times.

Astute

He gets a lot
Burge has played 27 games and averaged > 7 on 10 occasions he has averaged < 6 only 6 times including 3 in Jan. The average for the team as a whole is 6.1
Under 6 in about a quarter of the games?

Do you think he got a low score because he had nothing to do or was it because he didn't do very well?

Do you consider Burge to be good enough?

Gibbo

Having followed player ratings religiously I gave them a break, but here is a tabulation of all the ratings given this season by player, up to and including Walsall. Minimum 3 games

upload_2019-2-19_8-28-27.png

Rank* This was the rank after the P’boro game – so it shows how some players have gone up in our estimation – Kelly, Sterling & Baka, and some gone down, Chaplin and Burge

Not sure we as a group would be all that good as managers. Until last week Davies was top, who can’t get in the team, while the club’s joint top scorer (but all his from open play) languishes at no 19. By common consent we have a goalkeeping problem, but the ratings say otherwise. Bayliss is our most talented player, yet…..Oh well, better sack myself.

But it says that much as we will miss Thomas and Sterling, there is a nucleus of good contracted players to be the core of next season’s team.

Gibbo

I also calculate the Man of the Match and Dud of the Match. Call me sad, I know...I have time on my hands

MOM

6 Sterling
5 Burge, Thomas
4 Kelly
3 Hyam, JCH
2 Willis
1 Andreu, Bakayoko, Brown, Davies, Doyle
No Chaplin

DOM
9 Hiwula
4 Shipley, Doyle, Chaplin
2 Sterling, Grimmer
1 Thomas, Ogogo, O’Brien, Mason, JCH, Brown, Bayliss, Andreu

Against Shrewsbury, Brown was MOM and Ogogo DOM - strange but true
Time to be nice to Hiwula, even if he does go AWOL periodically

SkyBlueCRJ

Having followed player ratings religiously I gave them a break, but here is a tabulation of all the ratings given this season by player, up to and including Walsall. Minimum 3 games

View attachment 11566

Rank* This was the rank after the P’boro game – so it shows how some players have gone up in our estimation – Kelly, Sterling & Baka, and some gone down, Chaplin and Burge

Not sure we as a group would be all that good as managers. Until last week Davies was top, who can’t get in the team, while the club’s joint top scorer (but all his from open play) languishes at no 19. By common consent we have a goalkeeping problem, but the ratings say otherwise. Bayliss is our most talented player, yet…..Oh well, better sack myself.

But it says that much as we will miss Thomas and Sterling, there is a nucleus of good contracted players to be the core of next season’s team.

Is there? More than half of those players on that list at the end of the season are either out of contract, their loans will have expired or they have already gone/will be moved on. That includes 5 of the first team. We've got a few talented players in the squad next season so we're hardly bare boned, but Robins will definitely have his work cut out for him in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread