Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Burge - 6 - Had a sticky couple of moments where he spilled the ball, kicking was a bit better
Brown - 5 - Started off really well, nice touches and passes. Gave away a needless pen and looked slow
Davies - 7 - Won pretty much everything (apart from when Taylor should have scored)
WIllis - 6 - Had a physical battle today, often turned inside out but coped quite well
Sterling - 6 - Not as good as his LB cameo but solid enough
Kelly - 6 - Like Brown he started off well but taken out of the game after his booking
Doyle - 5 - Slowed everything down, awful free kicks
Bayliss - 5 - One of the worst I have seen him
Thomas - 6 - Extra point for the assist, seemed to wake up wth Hiwula / Bakayoko on
Chaplin - 6 - Extra point also for the assist, missed a sitter and was mostly anonymous
JCH - 4 - Not his day at all, struggled to win anything.

Bakayoko - 9 - Has to be, won more headers than he has in the other games put together. Held the ball up and did his job. Could have easily bottled the diving header.
Hiwula - 6 - He did well when he came on, some nice passes, movement and made a difference
Shipley - NA

Robins - 7 - His changes paid off by throwing Baka / Hiwula on, fair play to him for making a difference with his decisions and making changes earlier than 75 - 80 so we could have a chance.

harvey098

Agree with all those except Doyle. He was much better than a 5. I love Baylis but looks like he needs a rest.

Nick

Administrator
Agree with all those except Doyle. He was much better than a 5. I love Baylis but looks like he needs a rest.

He slows the game down, everything has to go through him. We get it by the box and he gets the ball back.

As soon as we cut him out and started to pass it about without him we looked better.

He got turned pretty much everytime and left watching their midfielders run towards our goal.

harvey098

He slows the game down, everything has to go through him. We get it by the box and he gets the ball back.

As soon as we cut him out and started to pass it about without him we looked better.

He got turned pretty much everytime and left watching their midfielders run towards our goal.

He made more one touch passes than any player on the pitch today!? He moves the ball quicker than anyone! He can’t help it if his teammates pass to him.

Nick

Administrator
He made more one touch passes than any player on the pitch today!? He moves the ball quicker than anyone! He can’t help it if his teammates pass to him.

One touch passes sideways or backward? Wasted set pieces, he got away with the one that was moving.

clint van damme

Agree with Nicks marks apart fŕom the centre halves. Thought they were superb against a very lively forward line.

luwalla

Burge - 8
Brown - 6
Davies - 8
WIllis - 7
Sterling - 6
Kelly - 6
Doyle - 7
Bayliss - 5
Thomas - 6
Chaplin - 6
JCH - 5

Bakayoko - 9 (should be a ten really as wasn’t sure what else he could have done in the time he was on... but I shaved off a point for not getting a hat trick!
Hiwula - 7

skyblue025

Burge 7. Kept us in it first half with a couple of good saves. All kicks in play

Stirling 7 look solid today. Much improved from early season.

Davis and Willis both 7. Both solid headed, tackled and cleared almost everything that came their way.

Brown 5 poor all game. Defended badly, gave the penalty away when he had zero chance of getting the ball. Got beaten any number of times.

Thomas 6 was fairly anonymous first half but improved second half.

Baylis 4 played poorly today. Passing was dreadful. Ran into dead ends all game. Not a right winger.

Kelly 6 decent game without being spectacular.

Doyle 7 worked so hard, put in tackles chased and harried. Typical Doyle performance.

Chaplin 6 Missed a sitter first half, tried hard but little end product until the cross for the winner.

JCH 4 for attacking play, 7 for defensive play. Often left isolated up front. Didn’t hold the ball up that well. Had a 1/2 chance with a header he put wide. Defensively I think he headed every Charlton corner away until he went off.

Bakayoko 9 Scored twice and troubled their defence the whole time he was on. A diving header in injury time to win the game is always great.

Hiiwula 7 ran at their defence and caused them problems.

Shipley not on long enough to get a score.

Robins 5 first 1/2, 9 Second half. We seemed to be overrun in Midfield first 1/2. Great double sub that changed the game switching to 433. Had better control in the midfield and troubled their defence much more with the wide players.

SBA 10. Totally outsung the home fans and created a great atmosphere in the away end.

To be honest we probably should of lost. Charlton missed some good chances and Burge made some very good saves to keep us in it. When your 1 down with less than 10 min left you don’t win too often. Will take it every day when we do. We need to attack teams more and take the attitude we will score more than you. When we go at teams we look capable of scoring all the time.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I think Davies and Willis as a combination were amazing today, they covered each other and had different players running beyond them all game, they stood up collectively and both deserve scores or 8.
The SBA 10/10 for second half performance.

Robins 6 - Play people in their positions, Thomas and Bayliss were far better when moved into the right positions and we had a better shape about us, Bayliss cannot play out wide as well as he can in the middle. You have to have that playmaker alongside Doyle and not Kelly.

LilleSkyBlue

I missed the first 7 minutes then cracked open the ifollow

Burge 7 - I basically have confidence in him now but wasn't sure about a couple of punches from corners

Sterling 7 - pretty good and I noticed far more of him in advanced positions - notably leading up to our first goal. For the first time I wouldn't have rather had Grimmer back
Willis 7 - fine
Davies 8 - seems to win no end of headers
Brown 5 - he can look neat and peppy as he crosses the halfway line but he gets beaten too easily and gave away the penno today. Sloppy performance.

Bayliss 5.5 - continues to look like he's in his own game zone but continues too to lose the ball with heavy touches or one touch too many
Kelly 6 - he seemed to be energetic and popping up here and there but didn't contribute anything of note
Doyle 7 - his set pieces aren't as bad as it's made out! Well, some are. Always wanted the ball, managed to take two corners well outside the quadrant
Thomas 7- like him. Even in our worst performances he looks at least half-interested - sharp and fast

JCH 4.5 - oh I dunno, criticize a striker and they bite you on the arse (cf Bakayoko today) but he generally just doesn't do that much
Chaplin 6.5 - lively, neat, got into positions. Assist for the winner (or was it Thomas?)

Bakayoko 8 - if all he does is score that'll do
Hiwula 6 - some decent bits and flaming leg trickery but not remarkable
Shipley 6 - got stuck in

Garryb80

I missed the first 7 minutes then cracked open the ifollow

Burge 7 - I basically have confidence in him now but wasn't sure about a couple of punches from corners

Sterling 7 - pretty good and I noticed far more of him in advanced positions - notably leading up to our first goal. For the first time I wouldn't have rather had Grimmer back
Willis 7 - fine
Davies 8 - seems to win no end of headers
Brown 5 - he can look neat and peppy as he crosses the halfway line but he gets beaten too easily and gave away the penno today. Sloppy performance.

Bayliss 5.5 - continues to look like he's in his own game zone but continues too to lose the ball with heavy touches or one touch too many
Kelly 6 - he seemed to be energetic and popping up here and there but didn't contribute anything of note
Doyle 7 - his set pieces aren't as bad as it's made out! Well, some are. Always wanted the ball, managed to take two corners well outside the quadrant
Thomas 7- like him. Even in our worst performances he looks at least half-interested - sharp and fast

JCH 4.5 - oh I dunno, criticize a striker and they bite you on the arse (cf Bakayoko today) but he generally just doesn't do that much
Chaplin 6.5 - lively, neat, got into positions. Assist for the winner (or was it Thomas?)

Bakayoko 8 - if all he does is score that'll do
Hiwula 6 - some decent bits and flaming leg trickery but not remarkable
Shipley 6 - got stuck in
Shipley comes on for about 4 minutes and barely touches the ball yet gets a 6? Hiwula came on offered pace and some direct play and had a hand in a goal yet also gets a 6? Odd ratings there

SlowerThanPlatt

Shipley comes on for about 4 minutes and barely touches the ball yet gets a 6? Hiwula came on offered pace and some direct play and had a hand in a goal yet also gets a 6? Odd ratings there

You happy we won yesterday Garry or more concerned about what rating a sub got?

stevefloyd

Burge - 8
Brown - 6
Davies - 8
WIllis - 7
Sterling - 6
Kelly - 6
Doyle - 7
Bayliss - 5
Thomas - 6
Chaplin - 6
JCH - 5

Bakayoko - 9 (should be a ten really as wasn’t sure what else he could have done in the time he was on... but I shaved off a point for not getting a hat trick!
Hiwula - 7
Brown and Sterling the same marks even though brown gave a pen away ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Mr obsessive is back again. Delighted we won thanks. Have you found any alternative hobbies yet apart from watching for when I post?

I’ve posted many times Garry over the past week whilst you only post about one certain player. You also don’t understand what hibernation means but you’ll get there keep plugging along

MTK

Burge - 8. No chance with the penalty. Didn’t concede otherwise and no errors in distribution. Looks more confident and I feel more confident in him.

Brown 5 - gave away the penalty and not a great performance defending or attacking. Nothing stood out.

Davies and Willis - both an 8. Defended really well, used their respective strengths, talked to each other. A really good team yday hence rating them together.

Sterling - 7. Plays so much better in open games of football. Promising and on big learning curve in real football. I think he will be one of our best players by season’s end.

Doyle - 6. It’ll probably be a season of 6s for Doyle, unless he knocks a shot in. That’s no bad thing. His leadership and experience are the heartbeat of the team.

Bayliss - 5. Better in the 2nd half and in the middle but too often made the wrong choice or lost the ball. And doesn’t defend well. In this league you have to, like it or not.

Thomas - 7. Pace, energy and positivity. And gets stuck in defending when needed. Just needs a better cross or final pass to be brilliant.

Chaplin - 7. Getting in all the right positions, committed and hardworking. Just needs that goal but missed another great chance in the first half. Without the comeback, in which he obviously played a key part, we’d be reflecting differently on that. He will come good though and soon.

JCH - 6 Better defending than attacking yesterday which was needed at the time. Without that it’d be a 5. Didn’t look like scoring or creating one.

Hiwula - 7. Made a difference when he came on. Some nice touches, positive. Helped up the tempo.

Bakayako - 9. Two goals and looked like a different player. Spoke well in the interview on ifollow after. Credit to him.

Shipley - on for too little time to rate but in the few minutes he had, did what was asked of him and he really cares. You need a bit of that heart sometimes.

clint van damme

Burge - 8. No chance with the penalty. Didn’t concede otherwise and no errors in distribution. Looks more confident and I feel more confident in him.

Brown 5 - gave away the penalty and not a great performance defending or attacking. Nothing stood out.

Davies and Willis - both an 8. Defended really well, used their respective strengths, talked to each other. A really good team yday hence rating them together.

Sterling - 7. Plays so much better in open games of football. Promising and on big learning curve in real football. I think he will be one of our best players by season’s end.

Doyle - 6. It’ll probably be a season of 6s for Doyle, unless he knocks a shot in. That’s no bad thing. His leadership and experience are the heartbeat of the team.

Bayliss - 5. Better in the 2nd half and in the middle but too often made the wrong choice or lost the ball. And doesn’t defend well. In this league you have to, like it or not.

Thomas - 7. Pace, energy and positivity. And gets stuck in defending when needed. Just needs a better cross or final pass to be brilliant.

Chaplin - 7. Getting in all the right positions, committed and hardworking. Just needs that goal but missed another great chance in the first half. Without the comeback, in which he obviously played a key part, we’d be reflecting differently on that. He will come good though and soon.

JCH - 6 Better defending than attacking yesterday which was needed at the time. Without that it’d be a 5. Didn’t look like scoring or creating one.

Hiwula - 7. Made a difference when he came on. Some nice touches, positive. Helped up the tempo.

Bakayako - 9. Two goals and looked like a different player. Spoke well in the interview on ifollow after. Credit to him.

Shipley - on for too little time to rate but in the few minutes he had, did what was asked of him and he really cares. You need a bit of that heart sometimes.

you're spot on with your comments regarding JCH defensive contribution. Won 3 very good headers in our own 18 yard box defending set pieces in the first half.

johnwillomagic

Burge 7 - Looked nervy early on saved by Davies when he failed to gather low cross into box.
Sterling 7 - Decent game again now starting to look better and worthy of start xi shirt hope he continues to improve
Brown 5.5 - Absolutely brain dead decision to haul Taylor down for the penalty yes he was fouled prior but still stupid!
Willis 7.5 - Defended very very well for most of game and had to!
Davies 8 - Him and Willis very very good Davis shading it
Bayliss 4.5 - Very poor today position must be under threat however he still has such great potential but must be running out of chances.
Kelly 5.5 - Good to see him back tbh but also lost the midfield battle completely
Doyle 6 - Similar to Kelly thought Reeves ran the midfield for them stange and costly decision from Bowyer to sub him.
Thomas 6.5 - Looks a threat but a little flyweight and end product normally lacking so great to see him cross for an assist
Chaplin 6.5 - Bad miss first half but does carry a threat for sure better time lie ahead for him I think and hope.
JCH 5 - Not his day really but worked hard defensively for the team.

Subs
Bakayoko 8.5 - Has to be MOM for goals to win the game hopefully start of better things to come after tough start
Jordi - 7 - Looked good when came on
Shipley 5 - Not really on long enough for mark tbh good celebrations at end of match though!

LilleSkyBlue

MTK said:

Which basically says what I was thinking, notwithstanding my choice to then go and rate him

Gibbo

Here are the totals for the above ratings.

Man of the Match Bayaoko 8.5/10 (Davies @ 7.4 was MoM from the players who started)
Dud of the Match Clarke-Harris 4.6

Clarke-Harris’s score only narrowly worse than Bayliss's and both worse than Brown, despite him giving away the penalty.
Cumulatively Davies is now the top player of the season – averaging 6.8.
Bayaoko has jumped from 19/19 to 14th in the cumulative rankings at one fell swoop
Bayliss’s cumulative score since the season started is now below the average for the squad as a whole (not a natural winger so not suited to being wide, not a tough enough tackler for centre midfield?). Does he need a better “enforcer” than Doyle along side him?
Even though Sterling remains stuck at 17/19 cumulatively – you can see his scores tracking upward. He averaged 4.4 for his first 5 games and 6.2 for his second 5.

Doyle was ok. I think he does slow the game down a bit more these days but does control things and provide some experience which is important.

Davies looked really good last night, looked confident throughout the game.

Garryb80

I’ve posted many times Garry over the past week whilst you only post about one certain player. You also don’t understand what hibernation means but you’ll get there keep plugging along
So i assume you post to everybody who mentions him then yes?? Or do you not understand the word obsession? I didnt post on here for a week yet as soon as i do out you come. Ive seen less committed stalkers than you.

SlowerThanPlatt

So i assume you post to everybody who mentions him then yes?? Or do you not understand the word obsession? I didnt post on here for a week yet as soon as i do out you come. Ive seen less committed stalkers than you.

No just the ones who are a bit odd and say shouting abuse at a person makes them feel good. Why does it make you feel good?

Sterling Archer

Burge - 6 - Had a sticky couple of moments where he spilled the ball, kicking was a bit better
Brown - 5 - Started off really well, nice touches and passes. Gave away a needless pen and looked slow
Davies - 7 - Won pretty much everything (apart from when Taylor should have scored)
WIllis - 6 - Had a physical battle today, often turned inside out but coped quite well
Sterling - 6 - Not as good as his LB cameo but solid enough
Kelly - 6 - Like Brown he started off well but taken out of the game after his booking
Doyle - 5 - Slowed everything down, awful free kicks
Bayliss - 5 - One of the worst I have seen him
Thomas - 6 - Extra point for the assist, seemed to wake up wth Hiwula / Bakayoko on
Chaplin - 6 - Extra point also for the assist, missed a sitter and was mostly anonymous
JCH - 4 - Not his day at all, struggled to win anything.

Bakayoko - 9 - Has to be, won more headers than he has in the other games put together. Held the ball up and did his job. Could have easily bottled the diving header.
Hiwula - 6 - He did well when he came on, some nice passes, movement and made a difference
Shipley - NA

Robins - 7 - His changes paid off by throwing Baka / Hiwula on, fair play to him for making a difference with his decisions and making changes earlier than 75 - 80 so we could have a chance.

Agree with this.

Doyle was superb last season but he’s really struggling with the step up to L1.

Liquid Gold

Here are the totals for the above ratings.

Man of the Match Bayaoko 8.5/10 (Davies @ 7.4 was MoM from the players who started)
Dud of the Match Clarke-Harris 4.6

Clarke-Harris’s score only narrowly worse than Bayliss's and both worse than Brown, despite him giving away the penalty.
Cumulatively Davies is now the top player of the season – averaging 6.8.
Bayaoko has jumped from 19/19 to 14th in the cumulative rankings at one fell swoop
Bayliss’s cumulative score since the season started is now below the average for the squad as a whole (not a natural winger so not suited to being wide, not a tough enough tackler for centre midfield?). Does he need a better “enforcer” than Doyle along side him?
Even though Sterling remains stuck at 17/19 cumulatively – you can see his scores tracking upward. He averaged 4.4 for his first 5 games and 6.2 for his second 5.
This is the sort of analysis we like @Philosorapter take note.

Philosorapter

This is the sort of analysis we like @Philosorapter take note.

This is what I am use to. The information in this thread is invaluable though.

Before:

IMG_1588.PNG

After

IMG_1589.PNG

To see how the engine is arriving at choosing the best analytics I would visit Thinking Machine 6 and have a little play around with the pieces. Exactly the same stuff going on, just a different way of showing the outcomes.

Okay, going to stay out of this thread. My football knowledge is not great.

Last edited:

Esoterica

@Esoterica has my SBT pundit vote
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread