Willis 9
Maguire Drew 5
Doyle 5
Bayliss 7
Shipley 6
Biamou 7
McNulty 8

Otis

I thought Burge was excellent today. Started off shaky and wasn't having a good game, but in the second half he pulled off some excellent stops, saves and blocks.

Burge 8 - Some great stops today.

Grimmer 7 - Steady game from him (was his side for the goal though, so not sure if he was caught out there)

Willis 9 - Thought he was masterful today. Really commanding.

Davies 8 - Not as dominant as Willis, but still put in a sterling effort.

Stokes 6.5 - Defended well, but some of his distribution was poor

Maguire-Drew 5.5 - Started brightly, but some of his crossing was very poor (he hit three crosses in a row that failed to get past the first man). Tired badly in the second half and was out-muscled too, too easily)

Bayliss 6.5 - Not his best game by a long chalk. Lost possession too often, but also was our most creative player and did work really hard too.

Doyle 7 - Worked tirelessly and stuck his foot in, harried, chased and never stopped for the entire game.

Shipley 6 - Some decent work and he gave his all, but too much sloppy passing on the day.

Biamou 8 - Great goal, some very good link up play and set up McNulty with one lovely through ball to leave his team mate one on one. Won a good number of headers too and really got stuck in.

McNulty 8 - Really great strikers' finish for the second goal. One sniff and he hit it beautifully. Worked his socks off too.

DKE 7 - Great to see him back. Full of energy and got stuck in. For me, much the better of the two DKE's.

Otis

I see a lot of criticism for Burge today. Just been flicking through the match thread.

Maybe I need to watch the highlights. So much going on for those scrambles and he seemed to be stopping everything, but maybe I missed something.

Thought he was very average in the first half, but kicking apart, thought the made some great saves in the second.

Grendel

I see a lot of criticism for Burge today. Just been flicking through the match thread.

Maybe I need to watch the highlights. So much going on for those scrambles and he seemed to be stopping everything, but maybe I missed something.

Thought he was very average in the first half, but kicking apart, thought the made some great saves in the second.

He made one save in the second half of any note. Even that was after he was super glued to the line for the cross that came off the bar. His one positive contribution was the save in the first half

Greggs

Burge 8
Stokes 8
Grimmer 8
Willis 9
Davies 9
Doyle 9
Baylis 8
Mcdrew 6
Shipley 7
McNulty 8
Biamou 8

Sub Dke 7

Finall we have a team full of commitment and battlers

Grendel

Burge 8
Stokes 8
Grimmer 8
Willis 9
Davies 9
Doyle 9
Baylis 8
Mcdrew 6
Shipley 7
McNulty 8
Biamou 8

Sub Dke 7

Finall we have a team full of commitment and battlers

Doyle 9 - snigger.

harvey098

As proud of the players today as I was leaving the ground at Stoke. All battled and worked really hard (possibly exception of Maguire Drew who’s tracking was abysmal).

Littlewood CCFC

Great credit to the team, didnt play well at all but showed the determination and grit to get the result. Special mention to the back 4 who stayed strong under pressure. One point from me however is i cant see how people are scoring shipley as a 6 or 7? I thought he was dreadful today some of his touches and passing were atrocious and he got skinned too easy by their right wing back a few times 2nd half :/ should be replaced by Barrett next week if hes ready.
Also well done to the strikers who worked so hard all game!

Otis

Great credit to the team, didnt play well at all but showed the determination and grit to get the result. Special mention to the back 4 who stayed strong under pressure. One point from me however is i cant see how people are scoring shipley as a 6 or 7? I thought he was dreadful today some of his touches and passing were atrocious and he got skinned too easy by their right wing back a few times 2nd half :/ should be replaced by Barrett next week if hes ready.
Also well done to the strikers who worked so hard all game!

Not sure I agree with 'the team didn't play well at all' comment.

Defending is just as important as going forwards and I thought overall we were excellent at the back.

Credit where credit's due.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Not sure I agree with 'the team didn't play well at all's comment.

Defending is just as important as going forwards and I thought overall we were excellent at the back.

Credit where credit's due.

we made life difficult though with consistently bad passing. If we had kept hold of it better maybe we wouldn't have needed to defend to resolutely.
Having said that, this is a young league 2 side and they deserve credit for digging in when things weren't going their way.

Just a mention for the ref, shocking performance.
No card for the foul on McNulty, no card for slapping Doyle.
Yellow for Grimmer but no yellow for an identical foul by their player 5 minute later, absolute joke.

Otis

we made life difficult though with consistently bad passing. If we had kept hold of it better maybe we wouldn't have needed to defend to resolutely.
Having said that, this is a young league 2 side and they deserve credit for digging in when things weren't going their way.

Just a mention for the ref, shocking performance.
No card for the foul on McNulty, no card for slapping Doyle.
Yellow for Grimmer but no yellow for an identical foul by their player 5 minute later, absolute joke.
Would you say he was a jerk?

Otis

at the very least!
giphy.gif

DannyThomas_1981

I thought Burge was excellent today. Started off shaky and wasn't having a good game, but in the second half he pulled off some excellent stops, saves and blocks.

Grimmer 7 - Steady game from him (was his side for the goal though, so not sure if he was caught out there)

Maguire-Drew 5.5 - Started brightly, but some of his crossing was very poor (he hit three crosses in a row that failed to get past the first man). Tired badly in the second half and was out-muscled too, too easily)

Bayliss 6.5 - Not his best game by a long chalk. Lost possession too often, but also was our most creative player and did work really hard too.

Doyle 7 - Worked tirelessly and stuck his foot in, harried, chased and never stopped for the entire game.

Shipley 6 - Some decent work and he gave his all, but too much sloppy passing on the day.

Biamou 8 - Great goal, some very good link up play and set up McNulty with one lovely through ball to leave his team mate one on one. Won a good number of headers too and really got stuck in.

McNulty 8 - Really great strikers' finish for the second goal. One sniff and he hit it beautifully. Worked his socks off too.

DKE 7 - Great to see him back. Full of energy and got stuck in. For me, much the better of the two DKE's.

Absolutely spot on - exactly as I saw it.

martcov

He made one save in the second half of any note. Even that was after he was super glued to the line for the cross that came off the bar. His one positive contribution was the save in the first half

I thought you said he made one of note in the second half..... doesn’t that together with his first half save, and positive contribution, make two positive contributions? Or are you just being anti Burge?

Sbarcher

For the first half save, the Swindon player came over and shook his hand. A brilliant save.

Grendel

I thought you said he made one of note in the second half..... doesn’t that together with his first half save, and positive contribution, make two positive contributions? Or are you just being anti Burge?

Go today?

lifeskyblue

Burge 7.5: good saves in both halves. Lost us a point last week made up for that today.

Grimmer 7: solid good shift

Stokes 6.5: looked a little slow recovering position at times

Davis 7.5: solid and dependable. Does simple things well

Willis 8: good game. Covered everything well. Put his head and body on line

Doyle 7.5: worked hard largely on own. Kept going to end

Baylis 6.5: not his best game. Tried to be a little too clever on an awful pitch

Maguire-Drew 5: one footed and didn’t offer himself enough. Lost his man no end of times when he should have been getting back

Shipley: 6: needs a bit of a rest.

Biamou 8: great goal and fantastic work rate throughout.

Mcnulty 7: great second goal. Some intelligent play. Would like to see him start his runs closer to max.

Dke 7 made big difference when he came on. Work rate and tenacious in tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Jones

Burge 8
Grimmer 7
Willis 7
Davies 9 (mom)
Stokes 6
Maguire-Drew 5
Shipley 5
Doyle 8
Bayliss 6
Biamou 9
McNulty 8

Skybluefaz

At times he was like a table football goalie. The mistake last week clearly knocked him for six. He was so hesitant to come and claim things. The goal was a ball across the box that he could have dealt with in my opinion. It was a goal we conceded week after week last season. I hope he gets back to his best because he is our best keeper. The mom, might boost his confidence. He did make a great save though, the one he tipped onto the bar.

clint van damme

Burge 7.5: good saves in both halves. Lost us a point last week made up for that today.

Grimmer 7: solid good shift

Stokes 6.5: looked a little slow recovering position at times

Davis 7.5: solid and dependable. Does simple things well

Willis 8: good game. Covered everything well. Put his head and body on line

Doyle 7.5: worked hard largely on own. Kept going to end

Baylis 6.5: not his best game. Tried to be a little too clever on an awful pitch

Maguire-Drew 5: one footed and didn’t offer himself enough. Lost his man no end of times when he should have been getting back

Shipley: 6: needs a bit of a rest.

Biamou 8: great goal and fantastic work rate throughout.

Mcnulty 7: great second goal. Some intelligent play. Would like to see him start his runs closer to max.

Dke 7 made big difference when he came on. Work rate and tenacious in tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree apart from the Doyle mark which I think is a little high considering the standard of his passing.
He could have done with a bit more experience in alongside him today to be fair. Hopefully Kelly will be back soon.

Otis

agree apart from the Doyle mark which I think is a little high considering the standard of his passing.
He could have done with a bit more experience in alongside him today to be fair. Hopefully Kelly will be back soon.
Bayliss looked a little jaded I thought. Shipley too. Might be time to give them a rest.

Users who are viewing this thread