Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

RCC 6 Couldn't do anyting about the goals. Hs rushing out of the 18 yard box on two occasions made me nerby
Ricketts 5 Uninspitring captain, time for a rest
Stevens 4 Poor, at fault for the first goal
Martin 6 Average, gets +1 for the goal
Stokes 6 Best defender on the night
Vincelot 5 Not his best
Fleck 6 Tried to get forward and create
Murphy 6 Got forward a lot but needs to know when to make the right pass
Cole 5 Didn't do too much to note
MAF 7 MOTM. Really impressed me tonight, his passing was excellent, got involved and made some space. eserves anothe start
Armstrong 5 Nothing to note

Subs:

Henderson 6 Just what we need, a big horrible player up front that can win balls and bully defenders. Should eb used more often
Lameries 5 Tried to carve attacks but was muscled out too often
Maddison 5 Nothing to note

Mowbray 2 I feel he hasn't much time left

The Lurker

Yeah fortune motm. Fleck played well. Murphy was poor. Stephens had a shocker. Armstrong did nothing. Cole have the ball away too much. Better performance but still unaspiring

Pipehitterz

rcc 8 3 world class saves, and another tipped over near the end, pushed for motm

ricketts 6 better than lately, prefer him at centre

martin 6 looked like someone thats been out a while

stephens 3 looked waaaaay out of his depth, non tackle for first goal(criminal) and header for second was his side of the box so.....

stokes 5 worked hard but was covering three positions for most of the match with stephens awful and murphy seemingly told to stay pressed forward as much as he was ( how he never scored at 1-0 is a mystery , 10 minutes later it was 2-1 to then, and possibly his miss was the turning of the game

murphy 6 dangerous without being dangerous

fleck 8 first half, 3 second half, went missing hugely second half, first time i'd noticed seing what people had mentioned about him on here

vincelot 5 broke things up but cant pass 5 yards, very frustrating

cole 4 rubbish, the total miss of the goal on the break first half was unbelievable and was done by 45 minutes, should have been withdrawn earlier, amazed he gets a game, ive noted 2 half decent performances since hes been here, and was my opinion since he arrived that his signing was the catalyst of where we are now

armstrong 5 cant remember when he last had a good game, appears to be completely clueless when it comes to a decent defence, needs dropping

MAF 8 starman motm for me , made everthing tick first half and had a breathtaking array of passes flicks and backheals on him, and worked till the last minute, ive said from day one that hes a must away from home and again hes proved this (on a side note this is his 3rd motm performaned, holy JOB lord on high didnt manage 1 this season ((just an observation of the 'messiah'))

lameiras and maddisheep 4 didnt do anything for me, and failed to get a decent shot away between them

henderson 7 beast , nearly killed 2 of their players and we only really looked like scoring in second half when he came on later

proved for the umpteenth time last night that this team has alll the talent but ZERO heart for the fight, weve lost and drawn against the strugglers all season, and thats even when we were playing well, and thats a disgrace

stephens, cole, one of mad/lamieras, should lost their squad place

Otis

rcc 8 3 world class saves, and another tipped over near the end, pushed for motm

stephens 3 looked waaaaay out of his depth, non tackle for first goal(criminal) and header for second was his side of the box so.....

stokes 5 worked hard but was covering three positions for most of the match with stephens awful and murphy seemingly told to stay pressed forward as much as he was ( how he never scored at 1-0 is a mystery , 10 minutes later it was 2-1 to then, and possibly his miss was the turning of the game

fleck 8 first half, 3 second half, went missing hugely second half, first time i'd noticed seing what people had mentioned about him on here

cole 4 rubbish, the total miss of the goal on the break first half was unbelievable and was done by 45 minutes, should have been withdrawn earlier, amazed he gets a game, ive noted 2 half decent performances since hes been here, and was my opinion since he arrived that his signing was the catalyst of where we are now

armstrong 5 cant remember when he last had a good game, appears to be completely clueless when it comes to a decent defence, needs dropping

MAF 8 starman motm for me , made everthing tick first half and had a breathtaking array of passes flicks and backheals on him, and worked till the last minute, ive said from day one that hes a must away from home and again hes proved this (on a side note this is his 3rd motm performaned, holy JOB lord on high didnt manage 1 this season ((just an observation of the 'messiah'))

lameiras and maddisheep 4 didnt do anything for me, and failed to get a decent shot away between them

henderson 7 beast , nearly killed 2 of their players and we only really looked like scoring in second half when he came on later

proved for the umpteenth time last night that this team has alll the talent but ZERO heart for the fight, weve lost and drawn against the strugglers all season, and thats even when we were playing well, and thats a disgrace

Fleck does this all the time.

Otis

Also, it's a fair point about strugglers. Certainly teams you would be at least looking to get maximum points from if you have any aspirations.

Drew against Oldham. Won one, lost one against Shrewsbury. Drew and lost against Rochdale. Won and lost against Fleetwood. Drew against Blackpool.

higgs

We look fairly lackluster in the highlights what the hell has gone wrong players strolling around d pitch on urgency

fernandopartridge

RCC 6 Couldn't do anyting about the goals. Hs rushing out of the 18 yard box on two occasions made me nerby
Ricketts 5 Uninspitring captain, time for a rest
Stevens 4 Poor, at fault for the first goal
Martin 6 Average, gets +1 for the goal
Stokes 6 Best defender on the night
Vincelot 5 Not his best
Fleck 6 Tried to get forward and create
Murphy 6 Got forward a lot but needs to know when to make the right pass
Cole 5 Didn't do too much to note
MAF 7 MOTM. Really impressed me tonight, his passing was excellent, got involved and made some space. eserves anothe start
Armstrong 5 Nothing to note

Subs:

Henderson 6 Just what we need, a big horrible player up front that can win balls and bully defenders. Should eb used more often
Lameries 5 Tried to carve attacks but was muscled out too often
Maddison 5 Nothing to note

Mowbray 2 I feel he hasn't much time left

Agree in general, thought Ricketts was better than of late.

Fleck would get a 7 and Armstrong a 6.

Not sure why you've given Mowbray a 2, not his fault that players make silly mistakes or miss good chances.

I haven't seen the goals on tv since but I thought RCC was partly responsible for their first goal. We had just taken the lead when he caught the ball after an attack and rather than keeping hold of it for a few seconds letting everyone move out/regroup etc. (Also known as waste time) and then kicking it upfield out of his hands (which he hardly ever does) he immediately rolled it to Stephens who was standing 2 yards from him near the 6 yard box who with opposition players bearing down on him hit a panicked ball to a marked Murphy who immediately lost it and 3 seconds later it's in our net.

steveo1987

Got to agree with the cole comments pipes.The management seemed to be obsessed about getting him match fit and in the side.Cant seethe point if he's not up to it.We seem to have gone backwards from that point and the loss of Kents pace is another factor.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I haven't seen the goals on tv since but I thought RCC was partly responsible for their first goal. We had just taken the lead when he caught the ball after an attack and rather than keeping hold of it for a few seconds letting everyone move out/regroup etc. (Also known as waste time) and then kicking it upfield out of his hands (which he hardly ever does) he immediately rolled it to Stephens who was standing 2 yards from him near the 6 yard box who with opposition players bearing down on him hit a panicked ball to a marked Murphy who immediately lost it and 3 seconds later it's in our net.

If that had been Jim O'Brien instead of Murphy, he would have got the blame.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Got to agree with the cole comments pipes.The management seemed to be obsessed about getting him match fit and in the side.Cant seethe point if he's not up to it.We seem to have gone backwards from that point and the loss of Kents pace is another factor.

Agree with the Cole comments. He's another Mowbray favourite. He's done well in a couple of games, but uninspiring is a lot of others.

The Kent pace thing is nonsense though. As an outlet he offered nothing. He could have been running quickly towards our own goal with the ball and the outcome would have been the same.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

That's how I saw it at the time.

Too over excited as we had started well but dangerous throw out by RCC and hospital pass by Stephens to Murphy!

Shrews could not believe their luck as we were dominating.

Nick

Administrator

It looks like Stephens runs a good distance with it before passing, he then has Stokes available out wide too. Then Murphy takes a bad touch.

Can't see how RCC gets the blame for that?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It looks like Stephens runs a good distance with it before passing, he then has Stokes available out wide too. Then Murphy takes a bad touch.

Can't see how RCC gets the blame for that?
Haven't seen it back but as soon as RCC released to Stephens they were on him just didn't at that second look the right decision.

Stephens should get the biggest portion of the blame but Murphy slightly & RCC more so we're also at fault.

Houdi

RCC although not directly responsible for either goals, as people have said poor decision making for the 1st goal, and a very poor kick out for the second which subsequently led to the foul by Stokes. Although 2 outstanding saves in the 2nd half, however twice he ended up by either corner flags making last ditch tackles, again adding to my belief that he is at heart a frustrated outfield player.
Ricketts as people have alluded to, has been very poor for awhile , at the start of season he looked a very shrewd signing , but the last few months his form has dipped alarmingly.
Stokes missed what seemed a sitter at 1-1, but overall was decent.
Martin and Steven never looked totally secure, and we have clearly missed a commanding presence of a Turner or Reda.
Fleck had a good game especially the 1st half, when he seemed back to his best form, with several surging runs.
Vincelot was ok, but recently not the commanding presence he was earlier the season.
Cole was patchy at best, a pale shadow of the player he once was, moments of real quality interspersed with periods of frustration.
Murphy the enigma as always, better than of late, but you always feel he could be so much better.
Armstrong showed a bit more drive last night, but he badly needs a goal again, any chance of us reaching the play-offs, will need him to find his scoring form and soon.
Like most fans the news that Fortune was starting was met with dismay, however he was by far our best player, held the ball up well, linked with other players very well. In the 1st half he played a sublime cross field pass to an unmarked Cole, who proceeded to waste a guilt edged chance.
Lameiras is like an ornament, flashy but ultimately very lightweight and so easily brushed off the ball. Maddison was better than last week, showing for the ball and looking to prise an opening, a bad 1st touch in the last minute cost him a great chance.
Henderson did ok , with limited service.
Overall this was a far better performance and a game we should have won, and certainly not lost. At the moment we can't seem to buy a win, and that needs to change fast.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Haven't seen it back but as soon as RCC released to Stephens they were on him just didn't at that second look the right decision.

Stephens should get the biggest portion of the blame but Murphy slightly & RCC more so we're also at fault.

Just watched it back Stephens had more time and space than I rembered & Murphy had no chance to do anything with the pass Stephens gave him.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just watched it back Stephens had more time and space than I rembered & Murphy had no chance to do anything with the pass Stephens gave him.

It was a bad pass from Stephens, but if Murphy had been aware of what was around him and not been half asleep he could have passed it out to the left and the danger's gone straight away.

glancy89

Agree with most however i'd have Ricketts at a 4 he was wooful and a poor leader - Armstrong had good pacey runs on occasions but on some occasions lost confidence in passing to team mates as he knew they would lose it! Cole isnt a winger (no pace or energy levels) he needs to be holding or a number 10

steveo1987

Agree with the Cole comments. He's another Mowbray favourite. He's done well in a couple of games, but uninspiring is a lot of others.

The Kent pace thing is nonsense though. As an outlet he offered nothing. He could have been running quickly towards our own goal with the ball and the outcome would have been the same.

Kent was raw and rarely had an end product,but pace can draw defenders out of position creating space for those players with the ability to do some damage.Is it coincidence that we appear to have been poor since not having that pace in the side?

lifeskyblue

Kent was raw and rarely had an end product,but pace can draw defenders out of position creating space for those players with the ability to do some damage.Is it coincidence that we appear to have been poor since not having that pace in the side?

I agree teams often doubled up on Kent leaving space for arma to exploit. He didn't have the end product often but he scared defenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I pointed this out the other day

Hobo

I made a big point about Kent game changing ability and Murphy's weaknesses way back after the Peterborough home game. Kent frightened the opposition and dragged players out of position to let Murphy into the game. It got derided. Murphy scares no one. Mark him with a midfielder with a full back to cover and he . Is dead in the water.

st john

Looking at the telegraph player ratings I thought I was reading it upside down, with Fortune, RCC, & Fleck 1,2,3 in that order

Users who are viewing this thread