Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Sutty

I forgot that Burge actually made what looked like a pretty sharp reaction save in the second half after Reda deflected a cross towards the top corner. Perhaps bump him up to a 5.

Otis

Did anyone get a good view of Boro's second goal? Did the ball take a deflection, swerve or was it a definite keepers blunder?
McQuiod seemed to be having a major strop when substituted kicking out at the dugout.
Very poor refereeing particularly in the first half particularly our bookings.

McQuoid deserved to be substituted. He offered very little. We looked more dangerous with Jackson's introduction.

covcity4life

burge -4, he wont get sflack like allsopp though
haynes 6 - great goal but didn't see cross early enough for me to take advantage of good positions out wide
johnson - 9 - hes bacccck
hines - 8 - dealt with everything that came his way
willis - 6 - not sure hes a RB but solid nonetheless
fleck - 6 - got stuck in second half
thomas - 6 - terrible first half but real battle in second
barton 7 - calming presence in midfield
o brien - 9 - worked his socks off and got a huge goal. also only player making forward runs consistently
nouble - 9 - we missed him so much, great hold up play,wins headers and has mad skillz yo
mquoid -6 - pressured better than most i felt

jackson - 7 - set up equaliser and we look more of a threat with him
finch - n/a

shmmeee

In his defence, it was his league debut... and Haynes didn't look all that until recently.

Is it really? He's been about so long I assumed he'd played a couple before. Fair point in that case. Still think we need a more experienced pair of hands in this side.

Otis

Don't see how you can give MOTM to someone who does something stupid like take his shirt off and get a yellow card. Extremely unprofessional. The last thing CCFC needs is to be giving away needless yellow cards.

But surely that has no relation as to how he played on the field.

Daft booking, but we were 2 nil down and we scored 3 goals in about 14 mins. Quite understandable as to why he got carried away.

Nick

Administrator
Don't see how you can give MOTM to someone who does something stupid like take his shirt off and get a yellow card. Extremely unprofessional. The last thing CCFC needs is to be giving away needless yellow cards.
When the third went in, it was electric. Nobody cared. In fact it showed the players actually cared. Id have him do that every gave than some of the crap half arsed attempts.

Sutty

It's a side note I know, but I hate that just taking your shirt off is a yellow card. It's not hurting anyone. If it's holding up the game then just book them for timewasting.

speedie87

Burge 3 - must have been playing dodge ball for the free kick
Willis 5 - looked lost
Hines 5- shocking first half much better second
Reda - 8 got his head on everything
Haynes 7 what a goal
Fleck 6 looked like was carrying a knock
Barton 7 only decent player first half
Thomas 6 sort your passing out lad
O'brien 8 motm
Nouble 7 still think he should have passed!
Mcquoid 5

CCFC_Charlie

Without meaning to sound like a prick it was nice to see us cheat today. A lot of time wasting to secure the win. Too many times this season have teams beaten us by making use of tactics like this and it's something that we unfortunately need to learn.

Otis

Without meaning to sound like a prick it was nice to see us cheat today. A lot of time wasting to secure the win. Too many times this season have teams beaten us by making use of tactics like this and it's something that we unfortunately need to learn.

Nice to see us being a little bit more 'nasty' too. Meaty challenges and a bit more meanness and bite in our tackles.

ccfc_Tom

We definitely need to stick to 4-4-2 , sign an out and out winger and bring in an experienced goalkeeper. Johnson and Nouble are key, look such a better side with them in the team

Otis

We definitely need to stick to 4-4-2 , sign an out and out winger and bring in an experienced goalkeeper. Johnson and Nouble are key, look such a better side with them in the team

They do look key. The worry is going to be when either are injured or suspended again. We have no back up in place for either.

Hopefully we can bring a couple of loans in. Isn't the limit 7? We have 5 here at the moment.

Even though I feel we need cover for Reda and Frank, we really need to look for a keeper and a ball winning midfielder as priority first though.

Burge 5 - Had nothing to do. Neither of those goals were his fault. Give him another run at Orient and we'll see what he can do
Willis 5 - More errors in the 1st half. Didn't make up for all of it in the 2nd. Get Phillips back in
Reda 8 - Welcome back big man! Mr Motivators bulky brother. A rock at the back. Kept us infront at the end
Hines 4 - Send him back to Boro
Haynes 7 - WHAT A FINISH!
O'Brien 7.5 - An incredible run to set up one of the goals. He never gives up. Give this guy a biscuit
Barton 7.5 - Again, an incredible performance. He's like a new player. Brilliant passing, always trying to start something, held the ball well and held off the Posh players. Anyone wanna join the Barton Fan Club? We have jackets...
Thomas 5.5 - Shit in the 1st half, seemed to pick up a little in the 2nd. Still not convinced. We need a big man in the centre
Fleck 6.5 - Good link up play with Haynes. Could do with a little more urgency though
McQuoid 5 - Did sod all. Threw a wobbly when he got subbed. Just send him back to Bournemouth
Nouble 8.5 - FINALLY! A REAL STRIKER! Pressured the defenders, actually passes when he has nowhere to go, please sign him!

Subs
Jackson 7 - Made some great runs, really played his part. Start him and Nouble at Orient
Finch N/A - Cant really say much as he was on for a matter of minutes. But good to see him back

1st Half - Still better than previous halves. The 4-4-2 gave us more going forward, but leaves us a little vulnerable at the back. We need a big physical centre mid, like David Prutton, to rectify the problem
2nd Half - I dunno what Nouble and Reda said at half time, but it fucking worked. The best half of football I think I have ever seen. And the look on the faces of those scummy Posh fans, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Grendel

Burge 5 - Had nothing to do. Neither of those goals were his fault. Give him another run at Orient and we'll see what he can do
Willis 5 - More errors in the 1st half. Didn't make up for all of it in the 2nd. Get Phillips back in
Reda 8 - Welcome back big man! Mr Motivators bulky brother. A rock at the back. Kept us infront at the end
Hines 4 - Send him back to Boro
Haynes 7 - WHAT A FINISH!
O'Brien 7.5 - An incredible run to set up one of the goals. He never gives up. Give this guy a biscuit
Barton 7.5 - Again, an incredible performance. He's like a new player. Brilliant passing, always trying to start something, held the ball well and held off the Posh players. Anyone wanna join the Barton Fan Club? We have jackets...
Thomas 5.5 - Shit in the 1st half, seemed to pick up a little in the 2nd. Still not convinced. We need a big man in the centre
Fleck 6.5 - Good link up play with Haynes. Could do with a little more urgency though
McQuoid 5 - Did sod all. Threw a wobbly when he got subbed. Just send him back to Bournemouth
Nouble 8.5 - FINALLY! A REAL STRIKER! Pressured the defenders, actually passes when he has nowhere to go, please sign him!

Subs
Jackson 7 - Made some great runs, really played his part. Start him and Nouble at Orient
Finch N/A - Cant really say much as he was on for a matter of minutes. But good to see him back

1st Half - Still better than previous halves. The 4-4-2 gave us more going forward, but leaves us a little vulnerable at the back. We need a big physical centre mid, like David Prutton, to rectify the problem
2nd Half - I dunno what Nouble and Reda said at half time, but it fucking worked. The best half of football I think I have ever seen. And the look on the faces of those scummy Posh fans, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Thomas was superb infinitely superior to Barton in the second half. His passing range was actually pretty good but more importantly his tackling and off the ball work was very good and needed - especially when Barton is so poor in those areas of his game. Even fleck upped his work rate and provided defensive cover when Haynes moved forward.

Hines played better that Webster of late and didn't fine away a needless free kick which led to a goal as Johnson did. Can you describe what mistakes he actually did make?

When Allsopp had nothing to do you still find an opportunity to slate. Burge did and failed miserably yet you say he wasn't to blame - it was a ridiculous goal to concede. Someone said you see those errors frequently in this league. No you don't. In the second half they had a free kick which went over to which he was rooted on his line. On another occasion Himes had to clear when he should have collected and his only save was when a shot hit him. He attempted to come our for one corner only when the ball was near the by lime and got caught in no mans land. Odd as he is local you clearly give him a favourable review whereas you do the opposite for Thomas.

I think you're talking out of your arse, as I have never slated Allsop at all, so before you have a go, get your facts right. And in my opinion, Thomas was shit, you may have a different opinion, but im allowed mine too. Burge could do fuck all about that free kick

stupot07

I think you're talking out of your arse, as I have never slated Allsop at all, so before you have a go, get your facts right. And in my opinion, Thomas was shit, you may have a different opinion, but im allowed mine too. Burge could do fuck all about that free kick

Thomas wasn't shit in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Really?I must have seen a different one as the one that went in wasn't a top corner free kick where he hadno chance. It did move about in the air but he should have saved easily

stupot07

He was in the 1st half. Granted, he improved in the 2nd but not by that much

Everyone bar Barton played shit in the first half. Thomas was excellent in the second, crunched in to tackles, took a tactical yellow, his passing was neat. He stopped Maddison from playing, who had run the show in the first half. It was a complete contrast to his first half performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

He did play better in the 2nd half, but he needs to play like that in both halves

I don't disagree. In fact I said on another thread, I expect them all to play like that both halves, because Barton aside the first half yesterday wasn't good enough or acceptable.

fanta2580

We are a goalkeeper and ball winning midfielder away from being a decent team. The free kick was ranking with the worst goalkeeping I have seen. The ball swerved slightly but was far from a hard shot and Burge moved away from it and watched it float past him. As for Thomas I still don't see why people think he offers anything. He wins the ball then passes it straight back to the opposition, his passing range is non existent, even over 2 yards and he doesn't get forward. The single thing he does effectively is run around which I am sure most players could master. People also slagging off Hines yet I thought he was pretty good, showed composure and a neat touch, I wouldn't be too upset if he was used as a holding midfielder tbh.

Otis

Don't know how you can come to that conclusion at all.

Watch the free kick again. If it wasn't deflected (and people are saying it wasn't), then he was beaten by a free kick that wasn't even hit that hard, almost right into the centre of the goal.

The only thing that could excuse him is if the ball was deflected.

Thomas shit? Don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion either, certainly not based on his 2nd half effort.

Labels against him have been that;

1. He's lazy - Yesterday he was anything but
2. He can't tackle - 3 excellent tackles yesterday proved that is incorrect
3. He can't last a whole game and fades from matches - Well, he got better and better as the game wore on.

Nearly every player was poor first half. Thomas was one of those, but in the 2nd half his contribution was nearly as strong as anyone elses, apart from Nouble and JOB.

harvey098

Think there's one rating we're all missing.... I spent the first half in block 15 where I normally sit but thought it would be interesting to go and sit by Pressleys dugout for the second half. Even at 2-0 he was so positive, you could hear that he hadn't given up, think that really rubbed off on the players. Whatever he said at half time worked - well done SP

fanta2580

Don't know how you can come to that conclusion at all.

Watch the free kick again. If it wasn't deflected (and people are saying it wasn't), then he was beaten by a free kick that wasn't even hit that hard, almost right into the centre of the goal.

The only thing that could excuse him is if the ball was deflected.

Thomas shit? Don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion either, certainly not based on his 2nd half effort.

Labels against him have been that;

1. He's lazy - Yesterday he was anything but
2. He can't tackle - 3 excellent tackles yesterday proved that is incorrect
3. He can't last a whole game and fades from matches - Well, he got better and better as the game wore on.

Nearly every player was poor first half. Thomas was one of those, but in the 2nd half his contribution was nearly as strong as anyone elses, apart from Nouble and JOB.

In 90 minutes he made 3 good tackles and you are defending him... oh dear. 1 of those tackles I applauded and swiftly stopped when he passed it straight back to them.

Otis

Think there's one rating we're all missing.... I spent the first half in block 15 where I normally sit but thought it would be interesting to go and sit by Pressleys dugout for the second half. Even at 2-0 he was so positive, you could hear that he hadn't given up, think that really rubbed off on the players. Whatever he said at half time worked - well done SP

Yes.

Again, labels against SP have been that he shows inflexibilty in his systems and that he can't change things.

Well, we changed the system yesterday and he changed things at hlaf time too.

Hats off to him.

fanta2580

Are you related to Thomas? Its the only explanation I have to your seeming fascination with him. He won, in your words, 3 tackles in 90 minutes of which I recall 1 being passed straight back to the Peterborough player. The only thing he is useful at is running and I myself am good at that but I don't claim to be a professional footballer. While we continue t play such an ineffective player in the team we will achieve nothing.

Otis

Are you related to Thomas? Its the only explanation I have to your seeming fascination with him. He won, in your words, 3 tackles in 90 minutes of which I recall 1 being passed straight back to the Peterborough player. The only thing he is useful at is running and I myself am good at that but I don't claim to be a professional footballer. While we continue t play such an ineffective player in the team we will achieve nothing.

That's a daft accusation, cos if you read all my posts going back forever and a day, I am not even a fan of his.

All I do is to speak out when any player is getting unfair criticism and as with most scapegoats (and Thomas is most certainly that) the dislike towards them becomes so great that the person making the accusation can only focus on the negative things hes does and ignore the good stuff.

Case in point yesterday. Someone on the match thread spoke of a dreadful ball by Thomas straight into touch in the first couple of mins. Within seconds of Thomas's error, O'Brien played an absolutely dreadful ball out and Hines hit a hopeless ball forwards straight to the feet of a Peterborough player.

So who is the only player to get any criticism in the thread? Answer, Thomas.

Other players can play a dreadful ball and it is forgiven. Thomas does 3 good passes and 1 dreadful one and all that is rememberd is the one dreadful one.

I am not a Thomas fan by a long chalk, but I do know when a player is receiving unfair treatment.

It's also ridiculous to say that they were just 3 tackles. These were 3 great tackles. that is why I highlighted them.

When Thomas is poor I say he is poor, when he does well ( and second half he did very well), I give him credit.

Last edited:

kg82

When Thomas is poor I say he is poor, when he does well ( and second half he did very well), I give him credit.

Which is the way it should be. But people jump on the bandwagon and go over the top.

Otis

Which is the way it should be. But people jump on the bandwagon and go over the top.

They do indeed.

Can't see any problem with not rating a player, but still praising him when he does well. Think you will find it is not a sin.

I have never rated Barton, for the simple fact that I think he is a player you have to build a team around, his workrate is usually poor, his tackling all but non-existent and I see him as a luxury player.

Yesterday I thought he played really well and his workrate was high too. Hats off to the guy and he'd now be one of the first players I would put down on the team sheet for next week.

Think it is fine to admit you were wrong on something. I'lll be more than happy for Barton to prove me wrong and for him to nail down that place in the middle of the park.

Users who are viewing this thread