Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Grendel

How was he 2 marks worse than all our players?

I'll give you a chance to defend...

He contributed nothing. Made 4 long range passes 3 of which he was not under any pressure to make. He also had 1 shot. He offered nothing else. Movement off the ball was zero and on the ball lost possession several times. According to don assists are all that counts so mcsheffrey did that alright.

The people I sit with all have abet when a sub comes on who goes off. All of us said fleck for the first sub replacement. Why is that do you think? Did we miss his presence when he did go off?

None if predicted mcsheffrey to be withdrawn.

Sky Blue Pete

Murphy 7 would have been 8 but for the goal.
Christie 6 constantly caught out of position but much better than a couple of games ago
Adams 8 mom
Wood/edge 7 pass the ball short to a midfielder please!!
Bailey 7.5 .5 for the goal. Too many times playing a killer ball that didn't come off! Actually 8 his hassling and tackling was excellent
Jennings/baker/moussa/macca 7 worked hard
Fleck 6 poor
Clarke 6 but did make goal
Elliott 7 goal and link up play a breath of fresh air
Thomas 6 looked worth a start instead of fleck

Robins 9 Midas touch!!

Mucca Mad Boys

He contributed nothing. Made 4 long range passes 3 of which he was not under any pressure to make. He also had 1 shot. He offered nothing else. Movement off the ball was zero and on the ball lost possession several times. According to don assists are all that counts so mcsheffrey did that alright.

The people I sit with all have abet when a sub comes on who goes off. All of us said fleck for the first sub replacement. Why is that do you think? Did we miss his presence when he did go off?

None if predicted mcsheffrey to be withdrawn.

When our subs were warming up, and you knew who was coming on, I knew who was coming off, I hope Clarke came off for Elliott, but thought it was going to be Jenno/Fleck, when Moussa was coming on, I hoped Sheff, knew it was Fleck, when CT4 came on, we all knew Sheff was coming off.

I went with 3 schoolmates, 1 of which was extremely anti-Fleck, and we were in agreement, unanimously on who was going off.

Also, MR is starting to become predictable that he always takes Fleck off to bring on Elliott to go to 4-4-2.

I guess we will know how well Fleck played when the team v PNE is announced, won't we?

Grendel

When our subs were warming up, and you knew who was coming on, I knew who was coming off, I hope Clarke came off for Elliott, but thought it was going to be Jenno/Fleck, when Moussa was coming on, I hoped Sheff, knew it was Fleck, when CT4 came on, we all knew Sheff was coming off.

I went with 3 schoolmates, 1 of which was extremely anti-Fleck, and we were in agreement, unanimously on who was going off.

Good job it wasn't Sheff wasn't it!

ohitsaidwalker king power

Also, MR is starting to become predictable that he always takes Fleck off to bring on Elliott to go to 4-4-2.

I guess we will know how well Fleck played when the team v PNE is announced, won't we?

Did you see it as 4-4-2.. Was it not 4-4-1-1....I didnt quite see it as Elliot playing directly alongside Clarke?

Sutty

I think we went to 4-4-2 when Elliott came on, and then once we scored the opener (admittedly only a couple of minutes later) we went to a 4-2-3-1 with Elliott playing behind Clarke.

shy_tall_knight

Personally the jury is still out with fleck did well to get that shot away in the first half which was well saved. Do not think he is strong enough and was too easily dispossessed. His passing was average easy passes good passes champagne passes when there were easy options. But worked a great move with clarke in 2nd half giving Fleck a clear run at goal but lacked the pace to finish the chance. For all his skill being so slow currently will prevent him being able to play that role behind the striker.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I thought at 4-5-1 we looked defensively OK.. Jennings being key to screening the back four... in an effort to press for the winner I welcomed the intro of Ellliot and the 4-4-1-1.. but when we went 1-0 I was really nervous on conceding and I wasn't at all surprised when we did. Not sure why MR didn't revert back to 4-5-1 at that stage before they scored.
Moose or Bailey for me could have "sat" in front of Edge and Bailey to try to disrupt the obvious advantage that Smith had .

Still we won..:D in MR we trust.

Houdi

Sheff had his worse game in a while imo, the early cross which he blasted at the other side of the pitch pretty much summed it up for him today. His assist stops him getting below 6 for me

Thought both full backs played well today, what pleased me is that not only were they supporting there winger but they were both running beyond there winger off the ball for the slide ball in behind the defence
Have to concur with that,Mcsheffrey was poor,the odd decent thing interspersed with lots of poor play.Unfortunately his legs have gone,he lacks pace to get away from defenders now,is easily brushed off the ball,his tackling is dreadful and he commits numerous fouls.Can't remember the last time he scored,it must be months ago.
Blair Adams had an excellent match,both defensively and getting forward.Bailey was solid and reliable and scored a glorious winner,well found by Moussa,a player who has 2 late goal assists coming on and playing on the left.
Bodak made an excellent point on CWR,about our 2 centre halfs always being too far apart,you could drive several buses between them.Murphy made some decent one on one saves,but was culpable for their equaliser.Still a vital win,and after last years late goal horror shows,its great to be able to snatch wins at the death.

Littlewood CCFC

Murphy - 8
Christie - 7
Wood - 6 - Tries to pass the ball long when he clearly hasn't got the ability
Edge - 7
Adams - 8
Baker - 6
Fleck - 7
Jennings - 7
Bailey - 8
Mcsheffery - 7 Only for work rate
Clarke - 6

Moussa - 7
Thomas - 6
Elliot - 8

No idea why everyone gets on Flecks back so much hes our best passer IMO. Needs to work on his physique and decision making definitely but is still a class above this league.

harvey098

Murphy 8
Christie 7
Wood 7
Edge 7
Adams 8
Bailey 8
Jennings 7
Baker 8
Sheff 7
Fleck 6
Clarke 3

Elliott 7
Moussa 7

thechase

The fact you said Edj was our worst defender makes your post invalid. How was Fleck 'lazy'?

Only thing remotely true in bold.

Clearly you are blind to what actually happens or you refuse to beleive certain players can play badly. Edge got turned several times and was poor. Not an opinion more a statement of fact from having actually watched the game. Fleck is lazy, again no denying that. He sits in midfield doesnt tackle rarely makes a decent pass and is a waste of a player when we have 3 players on the bench i consider better. Sorry to ruin your 'i am superior' opinion but you are wrong.

Mucca Mad Boys

Clearly you are blind to what actually happens or you refuse to beleive certain players can play badly. Edge got turned several times and was poor. Not an opinion more a statement of fact from having actually watched the game. Fleck is lazy, again no denying that. He sits in midfield doesnt tackle rarely makes a decent pass and is a waste of a player when we have 3 players on the bench i consider better. Sorry to ruin your 'i am superior' opinion but you are wrong.

When did he get turned then? The defence was actually solid, and we conceded from our 'Achilles heel', corners.

Fleck isn't lazy actually, he was involved in our play, he isn't no Jenno, but in the AMC role, you don't need to be able to tackle, just press, you sound stupid when you say "he rarely makes a decent pass" because even stupot and Grendel acknowledged he made 3-4 good passes.

You do know Sheff is a terrible tackler as well? I watched the highlights on BBC and Sky, and he misses every 50/50 ball and in fact misses 60/40 balls in his favour.

Still got to point out Fleck still tops our assists table.

If anyone has got the 'I'm superior' opinion, it's you!

stupot07

When did he get turned then? The defence was actually solid, and we conceded from our 'Achilles heel', corners.

Fleck isn't lazy actually, he was involved in our play, he isn't no Jenno, but in the AMC role, you don't need to be able to tackle, just press, you sound stupid when you say "he rarely makes a decent pass" because even stupot and Grendel acknowledged he made 3-4 good passes.

You do know Sheff is a terrible tackler as well? I watched the highlights on BBC and Sky, and he misses every 50/50 ball and in fact misses 60/40 balls in his favour.

The defence wasn't that solid Taylor, they had 3 one-on-ones in addition to their goal.

Grendel

If anyone has got the 'I'm superior' opinion, it's you!
Perhaps we should do a poll on Fleck. You can pick an option and then tell everyone you didn't mean it and really believe something else.

Mucca Mad Boys

Perhaps we should do a poll on Fleck. You can pick an option and then tell everyone you didn't mean it and really believe something else.

Funny that, because I was being serious, ATM, I don't think we'll get autos.

As I said, if I knew it was public, I would've voted appropriately, which would've been playoffs, no promotion, but I think we'd come 3rd or 4th, we win our next 2 games, I'll be back on the hype train.

covcity4life

Edje did well but faded second half and lost some 5050s which got them in behind us. Wouldn't say poor thing cos he did well till then.

We did look shaky to long ball tho which don't bode well for sat

Fleck was OK, nowhere near as bad as some seem to tjink

harvey098

I agree with Taylor, just because a player doesnt run round like a headless chicken doesnt make them lazy. Fleck gives us structure in the middle of the park, I think he could be a bit stronger but he has the best killer ball in the team. But then again, you all know better than robins.

Users who are viewing this thread