Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Moore 8 - Multiple brilliant saves, quick off his line and command his box. All concerns going into the season now illeviated.
Dabo 7 - Good assist for the goal, got forward well and did his job defensively for the most part. Blackpool seemed to avoid attacking down his wing.
Hyam 7 - Dodgy moments, especially in the first half, but dug in well at the end to secure the three points.
McFadzean 6 - See Hyam and then add a couple more dodgy moments.
Clarke-Salter 5 - Looked exactly like a player who'd only trained with his team-mates twice. Struggled with players running at him, but looked good with his feet.
Maatsen 6 - Great going forward first half, looks a real assest in an attaking sense. Generally good defensively but had a few moments of poor quality with a lot of their most dangeous attacks coming down his side.
Hamer 7 - Back to the Hamer from the start of last season, great with the ball and knits together our attacks well. Some questionable defensive work at times.
Sheaf 7 - Another decent game for him. Put in some crucial interceptions and tackles, and no notable howlers. Doesn't get enough credit for how good his passing is.
O'Hare 7 - If only he could finish we'd likely struggle to keep him beyond this window, but alas he can't and that's why he's here. Creates so much and defends from the front, but makes the wrong decision a bit too often.
Allen 7 - Impressed with him today, his runs off the ball are intelligent and he looked composed in possession. Definitely worth keeping around the squad.
Gyokeres 8 - Close to a 9, but similar to O'Hare he lets himself down with his final ball, be that making the pass or taking the shot. Hold up play is ridiculously good, and he had a knack of beating players in situations that look unfavourable. MOTM.

Waghorn 6 - Put himself about well, unlucky on a few breaks and the only one who looked to kill the game by holding it up out wide.
DaCosta N/A - getting spun at the end was a pretty dire
Rose N/A

Robins 7 - Got the tactics right from the start, maybe could have changed them when we lost control towards the end bt obviously limited by the resources available.

steve101

Moore 9
Dabo 8
Maatsen 7
Hyam 8
McFadzean 8
Clarke-Salter 6
Hamer 9
Sheaf 9
Allen 8
O'Hare 8.5
Gyokeres 9 (motm)

pusbccfc

Moore - 9
Dabo - 8
Fadz - 8
Hyam -8
JCS - 8
Ian -8
Hamer - 7
Sheaf - 7.5
O'Hare - 7.5
Allen - 7
Gyok - 9 As good as any number 9 (17) performance you'll see from a Cov player. He showed things tonight that will make you think he could be a top Championship striker.

First half was outstanding. Some brilliant football all round. Second half we were against it but held Blackpool off well.

Blind-Faith

Moore 9 motm
Dabo 8
Maatsen 7
Hyam 8
McFadzean 7
Clarke-Salter 6
Hamer 8
Sheaf 8
Allen 6.5
O'Hare 7.5
Gyokeres 9

stevefloyd

Hyam defended well tonight but his passing was attrocious.. I can't remember one of his forward balls going to one of our players, McFadz looked off it tonight too probably having to worry about JCS Dabo solid great game, Maetson good going forward, Allen good first half but faded 2nd, Hamer and Sheaf fairly solid, O'hare caused them problems all night but Viktor was immense and glad his goal was handed to him.. some great one touch football from us at times but concerning at the amount of chances we let them have a better strikeforce would have burried us tonight Moore also had a very solid game

Jamesimus

Moore - 9 - did important stuff when it mattered.

McFadz - 7 - did okay, went down pretty easy in the first half when he was fouled but ref didn't give it. Bit concerned he's my age and playing 90 mins only a few days after his last 90 mins.

JCS - 6 - Bit nervy / clumsy and doesn't seem to like people running at him, but clearly needs game time with the other lads.

Hyam - 6 - Dodgy first 10-15 mins of second half but a lot better after that. Big header near the end.

Ian - 6 - Great for 60 mins, then started to get rinsed a few times and also attempted a daft backheel starting a Blackpool attack. Bit more subdued than Dabo but does find himself high up the pitch a lot!

Dabo - 9 - Immense, sensible at the back, good on the ball going forward and a couple of decent deliveries.

Sheaf - 8 - Brilliant.

Hamer - 8 - Sometimes brilliant sometimes mad. Clattered a Blackpool player and has the audacity to turn to the ref and suggest the player dived.

O Hare - 9 - Everything goes through him.

Allen - 7 - Understandably his influence waned in the second half because he was probably knackered. Good to see him show a bit of strength.

Gorky - 9 - Only has one foot and can't finish (can any of the lads?). But brilliant running, winning of the ball, control, aggression and lucky his face (or hand) is big enough that we got the goal.

Waghorn - 6 - Helped see the game out sensibly. It wasn't a penalty.

DaCosta - 10 - Made it more exciting, which I think must be his instructions before he goes on.

Rose - No rating because I can't remember if he did anything.

Blackpool - 7 - Hope they stay up. Could have conceded 10 and scored 6.

SBA - 10 - Very noisy and silly, well done.

cc84cov

Moore - 9 - did important stuff when it mattered.

McFadz - 7 - did okay, went down pretty easy in the first half when he was fouled but ref didn't give it. Bit concerned he's my age and playing 90 mins only a few days after his last 90 mins.

JCS - 6 - Bit nervy / clumsy and doesn't seem to like people running at him, but clearly needs game time with the other lads.

Hyam - 6 - Dodgy first 10-15 mins of second half but a lot better after that. Big header near the end.

Ian - 6 - Great for 60 mins, then started to get rinsed a few times and also attempted a daft backheel starting a Blackpool attack. Bit more subdued than Dabo but does find himself high up the pitch a lot!

Dabo - 9 - Immense, sensible at the back, good on the ball going forward and a couple of decent deliveries.

Sheaf - 8 - Brilliant.

Hamer - 8 - Sometimes brilliant sometimes mad. Clattered a Blackpool player and has the audacity to turn to the ref and suggest the player dived.

O Hare - 9 - Everything goes through him.

Allen - 7 - Understandably his influence waned in the second half because he was probably knackered. Good to see him show a bit of strength.

Gorky - 9 - Only has one foot and can't finish (can any of the lads?). But brilliant running, winning of the ball, control, aggression and lucky his face (or hand) is big enough that we got the goal.

Waghorn - 6 - Helped see the game out sensibly. It wasn't a penalty.

DaCosta - 10 - Made it more exciting, which I think must be his instructions before he goes on.

Rose - No rating because I can't remember if he did anything.

Blackpool - 7 - Hope they stay up. Could have conceded 10 and scored 6.

SBA - 10 - Very noisy and silly, well done.
You say GYO can’t finish be he’s scored 2/3 and should of been 3/3 he’s only gonna get better

Harry_Walker

Moore- 8.5 looks an extremely solid keeper who had played a massive part in both wins so far this season

Hyam + Fadz- 7 both fairly solid with no major issues

JCS- 6 Little off the pace and not overly familiar with the system by the look of things

Dabo- 8 fantastic attacking outlet down the right hand side for us and seems to get better defensively every game

Hamer + Sheaf- 7 Nothing flashy from the pair today and get the ball ticking throughout

Maatsen- 7.5 best game for us so far today

O’Hare- 8 another great game creating numerous chances for the attackers

Allen- 7.5 solid on the ball and always looked to carry us forward

Gyokeres- 8.5 fantastic game tonight causing loads of issues for their defence, probably should have had 3 or 4 but seemingly lacks the instincts of a natural scorer

Subs:

Waghorn- 6.5 embarrassing dive
Rose- N/A very important clearance just before full time
Dacosta- N/A absolute dog shit, got beat 2 or 3 times in the couple of minutes he was on the pitch

MOTM- Moore and Gyokeres

shmmeee

Moore - 8: Saved us on more than one occasion. Again one time he came out quick and got into a bit of a mix up but that’ll come as his defence learn how he plays and visa versa. Good distribution.

Hyam - 6: A few dodgy balls out and like all the defence looked dodgy first half. Solid towards the end when it mattered though.

McFadz - 6: His worst game this season but still OK.

Clarke-Salter - 5: Iffy debut. Think he just needs time to settle and play with his defence more. Sometimes forget Hyam Fadz and Rose have had two seasons together and probably know each other’s games like the back of their hands. Showed his worth with the balls out though.

Dabo - 7: One of his best games in the Championship. Needs to work on his final ball a bit though. Much better defensively than he has been.

Sheaf - 7: Excellent first half, some sublime balls and some good interventions defensively. Going to get better and better as he grows in confidence.

Hamer - 7: Been singing his song round the house. Back to his best and an absolute beast when he’s on it. Want to see him breaking past the strikers more, unlucky not to get a goal. Those corners! 😍😍😍

Maatsen - 6: Excellent going forward, much improved defensively as well. Another who will keep improving. Great touch and uses the ball so well.

O’Hare - 7: What a player and clearly wants to score. Won’t in a month on Sundays with that finishing but good to see him getting into positions more and more. A goal would do him wonders.

Allen - 7: A good performance. All energy. Still not sure what if anything he excels at but looked better than he has since promotion.

Györkeres - 8: What a performance! Strong, flick ons, driving runs, great hold up play, great touch. Going to be some player for us.

Subs

Waghorn - 6: Better. Didn’t get involved much because of how the game was going but should have won us a pen and showed his experience towards the end.

Rose - 6: Did OK

Dacosta - 5: Was on the pitch

I know it was a L1 side, but that first half was some of the best football I can remember from a CCFC team. Just class, enjoyed every minute of it. Very excited for this season if we can do that more often than not.

Johhny Blue

Don't agree with the embarrassing dive. He felt contact and went down. We have many players criticized for not doing this.

ccfc1234

Moore - 9
Dabo - 8.5
Fadz - 7.5
Hyam -8
JCS - 7
Ian - 8
Hamer - 7.5
Sheaf - 7
O'Hare - 7.5
Allen - 7
Gyok - 9

Perryccfc

Moore 10 - don’t really know what more he could have done. Everything he did was good

Dabo 9 - Super game, much more like the Dabo we know and love

Ian 7 - Looks good going forward, still shakey going back but their winger looked a good player

Hyam 8 - good performance all night

Fadz 8 - Solid, got caught a couple of times first half but just heads everything

JCS 7 - Couple of balls in behind him first half, seemed to tidy it up. Looks a good addition to me

Hamer 8 - Such a talented footballer

Sheaf 8 - Very good once again, looking much better this season

Allen 8 - Wasn’t over the moon with his inclusion, but I did say I trust Robins, and so I should. Quietened off second half

O’Hare 9 - Everything good we do is through him, not only that though he also does the ugly side of the game so well. Love him

Gyo 9 - Fabulous number 9 play. Should have had at least 2 goals tonight. It’ll come.

Waghorn 6

stupot07

Moore 8
Hyam 6
Fadz 6
Clarke Salter 6
Dabo 8
Maatsen 7
Sheaf 8
Hamer 8
O'Hare 7
Allen 7
Gyorkeres 9

Waghorn 6
Rose and Dacosta n/a

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Moore - 9 - Can't think of anything he could have done better

Dabo - 9 - so good to have him fit and at his best

Hyam - 8 - Solid. Looks much better on the right of the 3

Fadz - 7 - couple of good blocks and passes but also caught out

JCS - 6 - same as above but caught out slightly more, he'll get better the more he plays

Maatsen - 6 - Think he did really well against a difficult winger and got forward well but also done a couple of times, obvious we can't have him injured

Sheaf - 8 - Can we put it to bed if he's a good player on not now, oozes quality

Hamer - 8 - Still too frantic, plays Hollywood balls when a 5 yard pass is the better option and sometime just lumps it to where he wants someone to be but that frenetic pace often takes sever opposing players out and gives us some magic. The two pair well.

Allen - 7 - Energy, energy, energy. Must be a nightmare for the opposition to receive the ball, look up and see him in your face again.

O'Hare - 9 - everything but a goal

Gyokeres - 9 - made a nuisance of himself all nice, identified Keogh as the weakness and did him time and again. That bought him onto his weaker foot so not as many decent shots as he could have had. Goal and hit the post, tracked back and never gave their back line time to rest

Last edited:

ptr

Moore 9 - Some very important saves. They really should’ve scored. I think his biggest compliment is our defence look a lot more comfortable with him behind them.

JCS 6 - Few dodgy moments but grew into it. Good to have a left footer in the back three. Will link up well with Maatsen.

Fadz 7 - Thought he was solid again. Honestly looks much improved. Very calm on the ball and impressive when passing long range.

Hyam 7 - Another that looks to have improved from last year. Still needs to step up quicker and trust his line but won everything in the air.

Dabo 8 - How good is it to see the Dabo of old back? Could never get fit last year but we all knew he could step up. Think he is going to be a massive player for us this year.

Maatsen 6 - Had the difficulty of marking there best player which he found difficult at times but loved his aggression. Very quick and think he will improve as the season continues.

Hamer 8 - Song says it all.Technique above anyone else on the pitch.

Sheaf 8 - Looking like a player with lots more about him this year. Made some great interceptions and moves the ball quickly.

Allen 7 - Typical allen performance. Energy and desire that eventually tired. His work off the ball is fantastic though and his runs make space for others.

O’hare 8 - Killed their right back on several occasions. Like we’ve all said, he is a few goals away from being a premier league player.

Gyo 9 - Best number 9 performance in years. Ran in behind, held the ball up, pressed and made Keoghs life hell. Special mention to Keogh for looking so out of place.

Fans 10 - Shit couple of years but what a feeling it is being back amongst the crowd. Currently sat in my hotel room working out if I will be able to get the Hamer song out of my head so I can sleep. Great night.

fernandopartridge

Forgot to rate the subs

Waghorn 5 he looks shot to me, so laboured in his movement. Could do with seeing his booking for diving again

Dacosta 5 only on a couple of minutes but got beaten to the byline for a golden chance for them

Rose 7 one great clearance late on facing his own goal

The Philosopher

Moore 8

Generally solid. Made some crucial saves. Unsure if he’s got the communication 100% with his back line but this will improve as they all get to know each other better.

Dabo 8

Decent effort and a solid player at this level. The defensive side of his game is getter better and a good threat going forward. He’s a strong bloke and if he could learn long throws then that’d improve his game further.

Maatsen 7

Decent going forward. Not sure about him taking corners on the right; it means we don’t have cover down the left flank if the ball breaks. He’s not lightning quick getting back so I hope opposition teams don’t pick up on this.

Hyam 6

Did ok. Some sloppy passes, some good blocks and tackles, out of position now and again

McFadzean 7

Did what he had to do.

Clarke-Salter 6

Not quite up to speed with his teammates As yet and this adds weight to the argument that getting transfer business done early is preferable. Hopefully he’ll get there.

Hamer 8

Better from Gus. Those whipping corners are going to get some goals if we can get our big players to attack in the right areas. I hope we work in the training ground with this. Seemed much more interested and lively than he has in a while.

Sheaf 7

Some bits of real real style and quality and overall is a better player so far this season than last. Still prone to picking the wrong pass and being caught in possession and putting us in danger. So frustrating because if he could get thar part of his game just a tiny bit better he’d be really good.

Allen 7

Good game from him, nipped and buzzed about well couple of shots on goal could have been hit better but linked up well that said.

O'Hare 8

Creative, incisive, determined, brilliant but can’t seem to shoot for toffee. I pray that the similarly sized (in his day) Robins takes him out for extra training sessions on his finishing. Despite that, wouldn’t like to think how we would be without him in the team.

Gyokeres 9

What a performance. First time I’ve seen him play as a roaming target man. He will be a handful if he keeps his confidence up. No defender wants a quick strong skilful and creative striker against them and big Vic was just that tonight. We will be a hell of a team if he plays like that regularly. One up top with a fit and mentally right Bright and COH running off him? Ok then.

subs

Waghorn 7

Showed good experience in running the clock down in the corners. Could have had a penalty, had his arm pulled back - seen them given.

DaCosta 5

WTF did MR put him left back. He should have been left back on the bench.

SIR ERNIE

Moore 8

Generally solid. Made some crucial saves. Unsure if he’s got the communication 100% with his back line but this will improve as they all get to know each other better.

Dabo 8

Decent effort and a solid player at this level. The defensive side of his game is getter better and a good threat going forward. He’s a strong bloke and if he could learn long throws then that’d improve his game further.

Maatsen 7

Decent going forward. Not sure about him taking corners on the right; it means we don’t have cover down the left flank if the ball breaks. He’s not lightning quick getting back so I hope opposition teams don’t pick up on this.

Hyam 6

Did ok. Some sloppy passes, some good blocks and tackles, out of position now and again

McFadzean 7

Did what he had to do.

Clarke-Salter 6

Not quite up to speed with his teammates As yet and this adds weight to the argument that getting transfer business done early is preferable. Hopefully he’ll get there.

Hamer 8

Better from Gus. Those whipping corners are going to get some goals if we can get our big players to attack in the right areas. I hope we work in the training ground with this. Seemed much more interested and lively than he has in a while.

Sheaf 7

Some bits of real real style and quality and overall is a better player so far this season than last. Still prone to picking the wrong pass and being caught in possession and putting us in danger. So frustrating because if he could get thar part of his game just a tiny bit better he’d be really good.

Allen 7

Good game from him, nipped and buzzed about well couple of shots on goal could have been hit better but linked up well that said.

O'Hare 8

Creative, incisive, determined, brilliant but can’t seem to shoot for toffee. I pray that the similarly sized (in his day) Robins takes him out for extra training sessions on his finishing. Despite that, wouldn’t like to think how we would be without him in the team.

Gyokeres 9

What a performance. First time I’ve seen him play as a roaming target man. He will be a handful if he keeps his confidence up. No defender wants a quick strong skilful and creative striker against them and big Vic was just that tonight. We will be a hell of a team if he plays like that regularly. One up top with a fit and mentally right Bright and COH running off him? Ok then.

subs

Waghorn 7

Showed good experience in running the clock down in the corners. Could have had a penalty, had his arm pulled back - seen them given.

DaCosta 5

WTF did MR put him left back. He should have been left back on the bench.

An accurate assessment.

lord_garrincha

I feared the worst when Da Costa came on at left back ...but we got away with it 3 wonderful points
Just be grateful that the full back crossed first time... If he takes another touch into the box, I would have expected him to wipe him out in a misplaced attempt to make up!

torchomatic

Brilliant game. All the players were on top form. Moore had a great game and I hadn't realised until last night what a great player Vik is.

O'Hare again doing everything briliantly until his final shot.

Crowd were great singing the new Hamer song all match.

All 8 and 9s

I give the M6 2 though as that's what time we got back.

Users who are viewing this thread