Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Shipley and dacosta should be bombed out.

Jones is scared.

Bright didn't want to be on the pitch.

rob9872

Just posted this on the other thread, but think it's more apt here than trying individualscoring after that. Pretty much know that it wasn't good enough in many areas:

Needs a bit of perspective. Would've been nice to win, but most of those barely any game time and didn't even feature v Wolves let alone Forest. That felt like a preseason game and we could have done with winning to get them more game time. The biggest concern for me now us how are they going to be ready when dome are inevitably called upon to fill in the main 11 at some point soon. Lacking sharpness that only game time can deliver.

ptr

DaCosta was absolutely dreadful tonight. Lost the ball virtually every time he had it.

Drysdale has some good attributes but think he may be slower than McFadzean. Looks to have a mistake in him.

As for Reid, I can see why he hasn’t been involved previously. Far from it.

Poor night the only positive being Howley. Did the simple things well although did nothing special. Only 17 as well. Game changed when Shipley missed that sitter.

pusbccfc

DaCosta was terrible. Reid looked out of his depth. Bright showed his ability but looked knackered. Shipley not good enough. Allen did well first half but anonymous second. Walker very similar to most of his performances.

Jodi did well considering but really didn't threaten.

SAJ

Howley played much better than Shipley but got dragged off.
Howley was one of the few that could walk off with his head held high. He showed both Shipley and Allen up who were awful but to be fair most of the team were poor from the moment Shipley missed the sitter.

Tommo1993

Reid looked very raw and could’ve been beaten all night. He’s got a very long way to go.

better days

Reid looked very raw and could’ve been beaten all night. He’s got a very long way to go.
Strange really as Joe Newton was rated as better than Reid by many at the club
But Newton is now playing semi-pro again so maybe the management can't be criticised so far

junglej13

DaCosta was terrible. Reid looked out of his depth. Bright showed his ability but looked knackered. Shipley not good enough. Allen did well first half but anonymous second. Walker very similar to most of his performances.

Jodi did well considering but really didn't threaten.
Agree with all of this. Said on another thread Bright did ok I think. He's getting his fitness up and won't be as explosive as he is capable of but retained the ball quite well and generally I thought worked quite hard. Bit harsh saying he didn't want to be on the pitch.

rexo87

Really winds me up when people question Brights application on the pitch. Tonight he tracked back all game and tried to make stuff happen. He wasn’t anywhere near his best but has played very little football in the past year. Such an easy thing for people to say that he lacks application but not once has he looked like he doesn’t want to be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptr

Really winds me up when people question Brights application on the pitch. Tonight he tracked back all game and tried to make stuff happen. He wasn’t anywhere near his best but has played very little football in the past year. Such an easy thing for people to say that he lacks application but not once has he looked like he doesn’t want to be there

Yep absolutely. Was always in position defensively when Reid needed cover. Don’t think he will start many games this year but what a player to have last 20 minutes in a game. Keeps hold of the ball well.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I made it to this game. Very disappointing obviously.
Plus points for me
Drysdale
Jones
Bright

Most worrying is impact Shipley and Walker had against a level 4 team.

Allen tried and so did Decosta (don't fully understand the absolute negativity against him by some)

New Chelsea loanee stood out as having class. Not sure about Howley having seen him in one game only.

No doubt the second string were found wanting and there were warning signs before half time.

Littlewood CCFC

There's a certain portion of the fanbase that just want him to fail which is sad really without giving him a fair chance. After the wolves incident everyone seemed to jump on the bandwagon and assume things. If a few months down the line he lets the club down then fair enough but i say give the lad a chance

ptr

Plus points for me
Drysdale
Jones
Bright

Allen tried and so did Decosta (don't fully understand the absolute negativity against him by some)

New Chelsea loanee stood out as having class. Not sure about Howley having seen him in one game only.

No doubt the second string were found wanting and there were warning signs before half time.

Maybe I’m wrong but Drysdale? Made some good challenges but was all over the place for their first goal. Misplaced too many passes and and seems slow.

Skyblue_CP

Yeh I thought in and out of possession Bright played his part, a few times he was played into trouble, but twisted an turned out of it, Shipley is poor, criminal he missed that chance to square it. On that showing Reid is nowhere near league 2 level let alone Championship.

Littlewood CCFC

I couldnt make it tonight but my friend went down and reckons:

Wilson -5
Dacosta -3
Drysdale - 7
Rose - 6
Reid -4
Howley -6
Shipley - 3
Allen -6
Jones -6
Bright -7
Walker - 5
Pask - 5
Waggy - 5
Maatsen - 6.5

rexo87

Wilson -5
Dacosta -3
Drysdale - 7
Rose - 6
Reid -4
Howley -6
Shipley - 3
Allen -6
Jones -6
Bright -7
Walker - 5
Pask - 5
Waggy - 5
Maatsen - 6.5

Very high for Drysdale. Thought he was probably our worst player and don’t think he will ever make it with us

Garryb80

Plus points for me
Drysdale
Jones
Bright

Several things I disagree with. Drysdale was terrible. Dacosta worse than Drysdale. Walker scored, had a second ruled out and generally played well on his own up front. Jones was OK nothing special. Doesn't want to run at anybody. I will accept Shipley though who was beyond awful

speedie87

Wilson -6
Dacosta -4
Drysdale - 6
Rose - 6 should have appealed more for high foot for their first
Reid -5 nowhere near first team
Howley -8 looks ver promising
Shipley - 5 started well missed sitter that got worse as game went on
Allen -6
Jones -6
Bright -6
Walker - 7

Londonccfcfan

Not seen the lowlights are paid too much attention to match feed.

Seems from Ratings the only encouraging aspect was Bright.

Greggs

Wilson -5
Dacosta -3
Drysdale - 7
Rose - 6
Reid -4
Howley -6
Shipley - 3
Allen -6
Jones -6
Bright -7
Walker - 5
Pask - 5
Waggy - 5
Maatsen - 6.5
Stopped reading after first few words.....

Skyblue_CP

Several things I disagree with. Drysdale was terrible. Dacosta worse than Drysdale. Walker scored, had a second ruled out and generally played well on his own up front. Jones was OK nothing special. Doesn't want to run at anybody. I will accept Shipley though who was beyond awful
I wonder if he will read these comments and shush everyone when he scores his 1 goal in the next 30 games.

Users who are viewing this thread